IGNORED

Southeast Rollcall

atrax27407

Looks like there is potential for a Southeast Meet.
If it comes to pass that would mean 3 events in the TI community here in the states - Chicago Faire, Fest West and ??

I say the more the merrier.

I'd love to hold another Fest West in Phoenix but I think the pickins are slim in users around here.

Southeast-ish as I'm in Elizabethtown, KY. I've toyed around with the idea of having a classic computer and gaming expo...we have a decent venue for such a thing...but the time and expense (mostly the time) involved in organizing such a thing I just couldn't wrap my little brain around.

There was a good TI showing at VCFSE last weekend. I'm sure some are in this thread. :)

Yes, I was there with my old-school TI-99/4a display (and TI-CC40 display), and Arcadiel and OLD CS1 were there with three consoles setup with their modern hardware (F18A, NanoPEB, etc.); they also had one of the consoles running the "Don't Mess With Texas" Super Mega Demo. We would love for a Southeastern TI Festival to be held in this region; can I put forward a vote for Atlanta as a potential host city?

Edited by MillipedeMan

I suggested a FestEast a while ago, but it was dismissed as there's the Chicago Fair - not really what I'd call the east, more central. Anyway, I'm still game if there are others interested over in the north east, Upsate NY, around that area. I think PeBo's just across the boarder, so that's a start!

I usually attend the Chicago Faire. Going up is a two-day affair (from North Carolina). I drive 8 hours plus change to Charles Good's place, spend the night, and then another 6 hours on Friday morning to the Faire. Coming back, it is a 14 hour drive straight through from Chicago stopping long enough to move my luggage from Charles' car to mine, I would welcome another TI Faire venue closer. Somewhere between DC and Atlanta or even Tennessee near Knoxville would be ideal.

• Like 1

I usually attend the Chicago Faire. Going up is a two-day affair (from North Carolina). I drive 8 hours plus change to Charles Good's place, spend the night, and then another 6 hours on Friday morning to the Faire. Coming back, it is a 14 hour drive straight through from Chicago stopping long enough to move my luggage from Charles' car to mine, I would welcome another TI Faire venue closer. Somewhere between DC and Atlanta or even Tennessee near Knoxville would be ideal.

I have family in Knoxville, going there this weekend for one of my sons wedding.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey etown!!! I lived in ETown for a few years. :)

For 2 years we lived in Woodland Trailer park behind ALDI.

Cherry Bomb games still operational?? Used to LOVE that place!!!

Indeed it is. What's more, there's a classic video game store in the mall now (the mall has REALLY gone downhill). They only stock console titles, though.