IGNORED

Fast Food 2600/VCS Remake

WAVE 1 GAMES

Oh wow, yet another one of these. I like how you lump ALL of AA in together as one bunch. Get off your high horse. After the drama that you created on JS2, you have no room to be calling out anyone here for any kind of behavior.

One person used the word "scammer" in regards to Jeff, and I agree that that phrase is a bit harsh. I'll also agree that everyone should cut him some slack. He made some bad decisions and he's been trying to make amends. We could all do with calming down a bit, yourself included. Don't lump all of AA together when one or two people make harsh comments.

I never ever said "ALL". that is a word you read into it on your own. As for JS2, the drama was there long before i joined that forum, the drama _is_ the community and if you tell me im bunching everone here together where i never did, do find the qoute where i did, maybe you shouldnt be singling someone out where a lot more people were to blame. Bringing that up in and of itself is creating drama Sauron. Dont create even more drama and then tell everyone to calm down. If people on AA werent so quick to bunch up on people, there wouldnt be that rep all over the atari scene. You have no clue what went on behind the scenes and i have no reason to fill you in. Most people left that behind years ago, and maybe you should as well.

Just calm down about Jeff's game. He is simply trying to contribute, and if he made mistakes he is trying to rectify, there is no reason for people to call him a scammer, or tell him other unecessery criticism. You are all very civilized when your popular "in house" developers create a thread of a game. Why not give Jeff the same courtesy? Im not here to be on a high hourse, i made my comment in an attempt to dismount some of you. People have already judged me on what T2Kfreaker, Chrisjag etc has chosen to say about me, but left out how they acted themselves, and im too sick of the drama to even try to defend myself. It is useless. People are vicious online where there are no social consequences, and when you point that out, you get attacked. Thats AA, that was JS2, that is wherever you take an argument where hotheaded people rule. If you want the perfect example, go to neo-geo.com and disagree with the regulars. See what happens.

I am calm, i am not upset just because i call bullshit when i see it. What makes me upset is how people are treating Jeff after he tried to do the right thing, saying "oh but you did that! you did this!" He changed. He removed the games you guys wanted seen gone from his shop. He sent new copies to people who bought the buggy game. Give him slack and stop bringing up ancient bs to discredit me for sticking up for him. Hate me all you want, but give Jeff a chance ok? He did all you guys asked.

A whole host of people were a bit quick to possie up though.

I posted my opinions on the matter, there were no PMs exchanged between any of us who criticized his choice to rush this out. Or if there were, I was not a part of them. My posts are my opinions and my opinions only, if others agree with parts that does not mean we formed a posse.

I posted my opinions on the matter, there were no PMs exchanged between any of us who criticized his choice to rush this out. Or if there were, I was not a part of them. My posts are my opinions and my opinions only, if others agree with parts that does not mean we formed a posse.

You might want to consider that homebrew spans a very wide spectrum from the beginner, the hobyist to the professional programmer. I'm disappointed in how the final product emerged, but hey ho it's homebrew, I'm not gonna cry all over the internet about it.

If people want to pay $60, caveat emptor, that's up to them. You take yourchance with a home made product.Fun and completeness are subjective concepts.

• Like 2

Fun and completeness are subjective concepts.

Not when game breaking bugs are pointed out and not fixed. That's pretty objective when the object of a game is to collect objects and you can't collect some because the collision detection is broken.

Anyway, we're going in circles. It's clear there are some who think he has done nothing wrong and that's fine too. Spend your $60 and enjoy. Unless something new develops here (pun somewhat intended) there's not much sense in continuing a back and forth.

There was no 'mad rush to jump on Bones' - this has been a long slow burn since 'Frogz'

There was plenty of time to show improvement in his overall approach and care of even the most basic things. I'd say most of us were actually hoping that would happen - it didn't...

• Like 1

I never ever said "ALL". that is a word you read into it on your own. As for JS2, the drama was there long before i joined that forum, the drama _is_ the community and if you tell me im bunching everone here together where i never did, do find the qoute where i did, maybe you shouldnt be singling someone out where a lot more people were to blame. Bringing that up in and of itself is creating drama Sauron. Dont create even more drama and then tell everyone to calm down. If people on AA werent so quick to bunch up on people, there wouldnt be that rep all over the atari scene. You have no clue what went on behind the scenes and i have no reason to fill you in. Most people left that behind years ago, and maybe you should as well.

You didn't have to say "all", that's implied when you label AA as a whole, which is what you are doing repeatedly. And the only reason I'm bringing up your drama is to show that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We have a word for that in English, it's called "hypocrisy".

Just calm down about Jeff's game. He is simply trying to contribute, and if he made mistakes he is trying to rectify, there is no reason for people to call him a scammer, or tell him other unecessery criticism. You are all very civilized when your popular "in house" developers create a thread of a game. Why not give Jeff the same courtesy? Im not here to be on a high hourse, i made my comment in an attempt to dismount some of you. People have already judged me on what T2Kfreaker, Chrisjag etc has chosen to say about me, but left out how they acted themselves, and im too sick of the drama to even try to defend myself. It is useless. People are vicious online where there are no social consequences, and when you point that out, you get attacked. Thats AA, that was JS2, that is wherever you take an argument where hotheaded people rule. If you want the perfect example, go to neo-geo.com and disagree with the regulars. See what happens.

What exactly do you define as "unnecessary criticism"? Sure, we're all civilized when other devs create a game. However, they tend to spend a lot more time testing and fixing bugs. Believe me, I've been testing Reboot's games for years, and you wouldn't believe the number of revisions that we tend to go through for each release before anyone outside of the group even sees the game. It's not at all unreasonable to ask another developer to at least do due diligence with their own games.

I am calm, i am not upset just because i call bullshit when i see it. What makes me upset is how people are treating Jeff after he tried to do the right thing, saying "oh but you did that! you did this!" He changed. He removed the games you guys wanted seen gone from his shop. He sent new copies to people who bought the buggy game. Give him slack and stop bringing up ancient bs to discredit me for sticking up for him. Hate me all you want, but give Jeff a chance ok? He did all you guys asked.

When someone goes out of their way to state they are calm, that usually means they aren't. However, I agree with you in a sense in that some of the dogpiling has been a little over the top. Hence, why I locked the thread before he gave an explanation, and why I'll lock it again if it continues.

You didn't have to say "all", that's implied when you label AA as a whole, which is what you are doing repeatedly. And the only reason I'm bringing up your drama is to show that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We have a word for that in English, it's called "hypocrisy".

What exactly do you define as "unnecessary criticism"? Sure, we're all civilized when other devs create a game. However, they tend to spend a lot more time testing and fixing bugs. Believe me, I've been testing Reboot's games for years, and you wouldn't believe the number of revisions that we tend to go through for each release before anyone outside of the group even sees the game. It's not at all unreasonable to ask another developer to at least do due diligence with their own games.

When someone goes out of their way to state they are calm, that usually means they aren't. However, I agree with you in a sense in that some of the dogpiling has been a little over the top. Hence, why I locked the thread before he gave an explanation, and why I'll lock it again if it continues.

Believe it or not, but i dont imply things. I have a diagnosis, which i dont hide behind, but which means i dont imply things. Im blunt. What i say is what i mean.

Hypocrisy is not the case here. If there are glass houses, the AA community is the biggest one.

Jeff is a NEW developer, you cant very well hold him up to the standards of people here who have made games for years. Its called learning with experience, something Jeff doesnt have yet, but is willing to learn from. Ive played his latest revision. Sure it isnt perfect, and not all modes are fun. But nor is all aspects of Rebooteroids even if that is a more polished game, by far. But again, the community here needs to calm down and encourage people to learn, not slap them in the face because they made a mistake. I dont believe in that mentality, and i am willing to forgive and forget pretty much anything, but communities like the jaguar, regardless of if its AA, Jaguar fans, JS3 or whatever all have their share of dicks who makes that impossible. Some may include me there and thats fine by me. I know who i am and ive given up trying to prove myself to anyone, especially on the internet, and i know i make mistakes, but i OWN mine, and i dont lie about what others have or havent done. Part of my bluntness, which some of you apparently hates to see. Thus my low post count here. Again, i have not implied anything even if you and others may have made up your mind that i have, when i say im not upset that means im not upset. Its the age old argument you pull, "someone who says they arnt upset ARE"! Thats like kindergarten level. Then you have already made up your mind and NO ONE can change it, least of all i. If you could see the person you talk to online, youd know better. But people love to assume online regardless of what the discussion is about, if its hostile, friendly or just casual. I came across strong today because many people were bashing Jeff. I liked his effort on his games, despite however flawed they might be, because he is trying to add something new, so i spoke up for him. And many here tried to shut him down. Someone even went as far as to call him a scam artist. He is not.

• Like 1

its a well known fact a lot of AA people are elitist snobs who frown upon people who cant afford the obtainium items...

I have been here for a few years, and I personally have never felt this about anyone here at all. Sure there might be a few individuals trading between each other for a gain, but I don't believe it is indicative of the entire culture on AA.

It confuses me when people say things like this, "It's a well known fact". It's almost like they want to perpetuate the bad feelings generated in threads from years ago. Please, let it go. Your asking everyone here to give Jeff some slack, why not allow people here who offended you or someone you know the same privilege.

...Jeff may have made mistakes...

He did make mistakes. Selling bootleg of other people's work is something that will quickly get you on a crap list, anywhere. There is no valid excuse for it. Because people are willing to call him out, and make it sting a little, certainly doesn't make our community toxic. If anything, calling it out shows that we care about our hobby and respect the hard honest work of everyone who contributes to the console, no matter how big or small that contribution is. When people sell bootleg, it hurts those people who honestly contribute. Not to mention the damage to self respect it causes to the people who make, sell, and buy bootleg. That is toxic. It's good to hear that he has begun to pull down his listings.

Bootleg, along with selling obviously buggy software, and trying to sweep it all under a rug with excuses that may feel weak to some people, is why people on this particular forum are not happy with Jeff at the moment. It is better to be trusted than to be loved. Right now, because of this past behavior, Jeff has lost trust or damaged trust with people on this particular forum. I understand I am speaking for allot of people when I say this, and my explanation may be incomplete, but this seems to cover most of what I have been following the last few weeks in this thread.

...but he is making up for them, and you all need to show him some slack after taking your criticism seriously, trying to make amends with purchasers of his game, removing "offending games" from his ebay listings and what not. But what do people continue to do? Lash out.

It was awesome to see the negative feelings at the beginning of this thread change to something more positive when Jeff was willing to make changes. I hope he continues to do so. As with any situation where trust is damaged or broken, it takes time to earn that back. I hope Jeff is willing to do that, and I hope he understands that trust doesn't come back overnight for most people.

We have an awesome and unique community here, and I believe it is worth every effort to maintain the trust that is here, and build new relationships with people who are new to the forum, or have been here for many years. Despite Jeff's mistakes, there are people here still willing to give good constructive advice for his game. This should be a clear indicator that we don't have a toxic community, and that we make efforts to avoid being toxic.

As for people lashing out, it does happen, and it certainly isn't the best way to handle the situation. Are there better ways to mitigate these kinds of situations? If you have a better suggestion for handling people who create bootleg and sell obviously unfinished products, please, let everyone know not just how you feel, but how we might handle these situations better in the future. Simply complaining about "elitist snobs" being the source of everything bad in this community, telling everyone that they should forgive Jeff, and then saying "bye", doesn't get anyone anywhere. I would call this "lashing out".

A little more on topic. I am excited to own this game someday. It's just a shame that because of Jeff's behavior, I don't know if I am getting a product that is in a finished state, or still filled with distracting bugs. A very ambiguous situation has been created around this game, which is sad. I guess we are going to have to wait for more videos of it in action.

• Like 6

I have been here for a few years, and I personally have never felt this about anyone here at all. Sure there might be a few individuals trading between each other for a gain, but I don't believe it is indicative of the entire culture on AA.

It confuses me when people say things like this, "It's a well known fact". It's almost like they want to perpetuate the bad feelings generated in threads from years ago. Please, let it go. Your asking everyone here to give Jeff some slack, why not allow people here who offended you or someone you know the same privilege.

He did make mistakes. Selling bootleg of other people's work is something that will quickly get you on a crap list, anywhere. There is no valid excuse for it. Because people are willing to call him out, and make it sting a little, certainly doesn't make our community toxic. If anything, calling it out shows that we care about our hobby and respect the hard honest work of everyone who contributes to the console, no matter how big or small that contribution is. When people sell bootleg, it hurts those people who honestly contribute. Not to mention the damage to self respect it causes to the people who make, sell, and buy bootleg. That is toxic. It's good to hear that he has begun to pull down his listings.

Bootleg, along with selling obviously buggy software, and trying to sweep it all under a rug with excuses that may feel weak to some people, is why people on this particular forum are not happy with Jeff at the moment. It is better to be trusted than to be loved. Right now, because of this past behavior, Jeff has lost trust or damaged trust with people on this particular forum. I understand I am speaking for allot of people when I say this, and my explanation may be incomplete, but this seems to cover most of what I have been following the last few weeks in this thread.

It was awesome to see the negative feelings at the beginning of this thread change to something more positive when Jeff was willing to make changes. I hope he continues to do so. As with any situation where trust is damaged or broken, it takes time to earn that back. I hope Jeff is willing to do that, and I hope he understands that trust doesn't come back overnight for most people.

We have an awesome and unique community here, and I believe it is worth every effort to maintain the trust that is here, and build new relationships with people who are new to the forum, or have been here for many years. Despite Jeff's mistakes, there are people here still willing to give good constructive advice for his game. This should be a clear indicator that we don't have a toxic community, and that we make efforts to avoid being toxic.

As for people lashing out, it does happen, and it certainly isn't the best way to handle the situation. Are there better ways to mitigate these kinds of situations? If you have a better suggestion for handling people who create bootleg and sell obviously unfinished products, please, let everyone know not just how you feel, but how we might handle these situations better in the future. Simply complaining about "elitist snobs" being the source of everything bad in this community, telling everyone that they should forgive Jeff, and then saying "bye", doesn't get anyone anywhere. I would call this "lashing out".

A little more on topic. I am excited to own this game someday. It's just a shame that because of Jeff's behavior, I don't know if I am getting a product that is in a finished state, or still filled with distracting bugs. A very ambiguous situation has been created around this game, which is sad. I guess we are going to have to wait for more videos of it in action.

Wow you wrote a lot. Sorry to quote the whole comment I'm using my smartphone instead of my laptop, but I really wanted to reply to you.

First let me start by saying I definitely am not trying to pick a fight with you. ALL of my bootlegs are pulled from my eBay store and instead of selling them they are being returned and Fast Food 64 Revision 4b is being put on those carts. Im not really sure I agree that my bootlegs (that no longer exist mind you) would have "hurt" the community. You guys exaggerated a little bit there. I was only selling the Fallen Angels game for $30 (they cost $25 to have made) wasnt like I was calling it a super rare valuable collectors item and making a ton of cash off of it. I did NOT have Dr Typos permission to sell that ONE game of mine however so that makes it wrong. I also did NOT have permission to sell any of the other ones and I do understand that its wrong, however I wpuld like to add that there are those out there that have no way of playing games like Fallen Angels and the other ones I was selling.

BUT I ALSO UNDERSTAND that if I sell something like this there is nothing stopping whoever buys it from selling it super expensive and trying to pass it off as something genuine (which I did not, I stated exactly WHAT they were) and this could hurt the community.

But whatever. Its wrong. And if its wrong its wrong. I seriously kicked myself when I came up with the idea to have the carts reflashed to my game, like I knew there would be drama why didn't that idea occur to me sooner???? Im sorry for that I really am. I regret that stupid decision that I made.

The comments I just made above regarding the nature of me selling those games is in no way meant to be taken as a means of justification for what I did, (it was a dumb mistake) but I just wanted to point those things out because there are other people out there that may just want to play the games and not make giant profits off of them however they may not be able to afford them. (Battle Sphere Gold is ridiculously high) but like I said its still wrong. I now know that BSG was part of a fundraiser (the real carts) and the proceeds went to a charity. (At least thats what somebody told me just now) I didnt know that, and that makes it sting just a little bit more for me. Anyway no more repros, if I need to get rid of more I will recycle!

Your comment about trust not being won back overnight really hits home for me. I do understand this all too well. And you are right.

You have no idea how much I know about this.

Now all this quality control stuff is kind of getting on my nerves. I'm sorry you are not happy with the final product (even though I haven't really showed it to anyone yet except Massematte) Im sorry Saturn doesn't like it. Im even sorry CJ doesn't like it.(although I doubt he ever really would) But I like it the way it is and I'm calling Revision 4b final. Thats MY call.

So what does that mean? Does that mean I don't care what the people who are not happy with this version think? Actually no. I was just discussing with someone yesterday about doing a deluxe version which would address the remaining MINOR bugs as well as offer a little bit more features and modes. But this is something that will be on the back burner for now. (Might even be Christmas themed with Christmas foods dont know yet) so if you dont like this version I am officially saying hey dont buy it! Wait for the deluxe version and see how that looks to you.

One thing that would help is if I uploaded Revision 4b for everyone to test out on their own. Currently im at work and wont be getting off for another 10 hours but as soon as I get home I will make that ROM available.

Or if Massematte sees this he may upload it.

Either way there is no scam. Only a homebrew game made by me that may or may not be to your liking.

A VERY popular Youtuber has agreed to review the game and has recieved his copy and I have a feeling you may see another copy of my game in a certain museum here in the states very soon. (I wont say where yet, but yeah) so a public view of the game will come soon enough. If it hurts then it just hurts me. Im taking that risk myself, however I have a strong feeling things will not play out as some of you have envisioned.

Off topic a little bit I have been meaning to ask you if I could use your avatar graphic as a sprite for another idea I had called Jaguar's Revenge. A remake of Yars Revenge for the 2600. If your answer is "hell no!" I totally understand but I thought hey why not throw it out there.

Madman and Remo. I have no words for you guys. I really can't even muster up a thought. You guys are too much. Madman I never really even paid much mind to you before I just laughed off your stuff and thought "oh thats just him" but you have really went all out here. First my idea wasn't REAL now its something that is very much REAL and its a scam. Coleco Chameleon was a scam. Fast Food 64 is not. I am not the super villain you have made me out to be.

Anyway this is really all I have to say. I will upload the ROM for everyone to test when I get home. Have a nice day folks

You can disagree with me, but the fact now you're considering selling ANOTHER version that fixes bug that you know are in this version to make even more money speaks for itself. Likewise all the "quality control stuff" getting on your nerves. Really? People wanting a polished game is getting on your nerves? CJ offered to help you sort out your bugs and you ignored him and decided to rush the product to market instead. If I was making a game and CJ offered his help I would consider that a gift.

Also, yes, selling a Hyper Force bootleg does hurt someone. It hurts Carl, a well respected member of this community who has brought us games that otherwise may never have seen the light of day.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned in different phrasing, maybe if the majority of people are telling you something, perhaps it's true.

• Like 1

Now all this quality control stuff is kind of getting on my nerves. I'm sorry you are not happy with the final product (even though I haven't really showed it to anyone yet except Massematte) Im sorry Saturn doesn't like it. Im even sorry CJ doesn't like it.(although I doubt he ever really would) But I like it the way it is and I'm calling Revision 4b final. Thats MY call.

Clearly you have not read what I wrote. Or at least understood it.

CJ likes old style 8-bit games. This is exactly the sort of game CJ likes.

CJ said that the PLUS mode looks good - but needs a lot more work (it's bugged)

CJ said that the 2600 mode should be worked on to make it as authentic as possible (it plays nothing like the 2600 game).

CJ encouraged you to make it better after you asked CJ for his help in finding bugs. Which you then ignored.

I'm sorry that when you asked me to take the time and effort to play your game, make video, point out mistakes, and offer fixes that you didn't like the feedback you got. That's on you, not me - but rest assured, it won't happen to you again.

The part of your statement above that really seems odd is that you have admitted to me in a private PM that you know VR mode isn't fun and is broken. If you like it the way it is, then you like it being broken and not fun. Seems at odds with itself. Again, that is your call. Daikatana, anyone?

Please post 4b. It will be interesting to see how much was changed.

Now, I'd like to leave this thread and get back to finishing my own games, which I've been testing for several months....

• Like 4

It's really a relief to me that he hasn't skinned​ out and is still around to square this up

Not sure if thats sarcasm or you're being serious Chris. (Can't really tell in text) as much as I would really like to take a break from this forum and deal with my personal problems, thats not my style. Not running and hiding and I will never really go away. (Unless I get banned.... hope that doesn't happen, thats never happened to me before...)

I just purchased it Jeffrey, but something has just occured to me: It will work on a PAL machine, right? :/ Didn't consider this when I purchased it

I just saw that. Thank you for your purchase. Yes it will work on a PAL Jaguar CD. There is no region locking on the consoles but yours is 50 hz vs the american 60 hz and the screen resolution on the PAL version is 320 X 240 (or something close to that) and the american console is 320 X 224 for most games. My game is 320 X 224 with a PAL filter that surrounds the screen like a frame or black border that is 320 X 240 with the letters PAL in the lower right hand corner of the screen. (This is what you will see)

But it should play just fine.

Edit --- and actually its not even the screen resolution its the screen size and area

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

I just saw that. Thank you for your purchase. Yes it will work on a PAL Jaguar CD. There is no region locking on the consoles but yours is 50 hz vs the american 60 hz and the screen resolution on the PAL version is 320 X 240 (or something close to that) and the american console is 320 X 224 for most games. My game is 320 X 224 with a PAL filter that surrounds the screen like a frame or black border that is 320 X 240 with the letters PAL in the lower right hand corner of the screen. (This is what you will see)

But it should play just fine.

Edit --- and actually its not even the screen resolution its the screen size and area

Ah the classic PAL black borders xD awesome sauce, can't wait to play xD

fastfood64_REV4b.rom

Playing in Virtual Jaguar vs console is going to be a bit different. In VJ player movement is over the top, this is to correct the lag on console that CJ discovered. After he pointed it out I noticed myself the lag and also noticed that the food items and background objects were NOT lagging it was only player movement so the speeds were turned up a bit to compensate. The animation speed of the player was also fine, no drop in framerate, only sluggish movement. It took a while to get the speed I was looking for but this is it. Nice and smooth on console very responsive. Option to return to main menu was also fixed and is now working from all modes, including PLUS mode. VR overall game speed was sped up. Game music volume adjusted to blend better with the sound effects. 2600 Mode burp sprite error was fixed. Text errors were fixed in PLUS mode. issues with certain food items fixed. several other small bugs fixed. This is Revision 4b.

There was also a glitch with the taco that I myself caught. When you ate the taco in VR mode it would then re position closer to the screen for a few seconds and then go away. I corrected this and it now is eaten the way it should be

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

Never once sad Jeff should be forgiven. I told you guys to give him some slack because he has proven how he has done what you guys asked. I stand by my comment about AA having a lot of elitist snobbery going on. I didnt say it was exclusive to AA, but this is a known issue. I know people from other parts of the jaguar community, which is divided and scattered and will never be getting along, who has seen the wrath of prominent or known AA members for doing something wrong (and yes, it happens the other way around too), who then cheer when a AA developer or hardware modder does the very same thing, or something similar. I dont understand why and i never will. But then again if someone releases some weird long lost beta rom and gets flack for selling that cartridge at cost, clearly stated as a repro, and then the same people cheer and buy ST ports on jaguar cart, its hard to make sense of anything related.

Id be fine with peoples differing opinions if they were expressed with a bit more grace and a lot less blaming and shaming. I think its safe to say 40+ year old men should know better.

• Like 1

Videos from 4b. I will say, collision detection appears to be fixed (for the few minutes I played it)

Game crashed returning to menu, only the [still cracking] music playing.

https://youtu.be/kS-Xo7jFBhc

Top left objects still glitching.

https://youtu.be/j-kk_8HhFlw

Edge bug still present.

https://youtu.be/VglZFQfv0A0

Game Over Bug.

https://youtu.be/yjae9u8xvaE

PAL game play. Not sure if bug or 'feature' [also, it doesn't say PAL at the bottom, just clipped graphics]

https://youtu.be/yC4exUzP-IE

So, that's it folks. No more comments, judge for yourself.

• Like 1