IGNORED

Fast Food 2600/VCS Remake

WAVE 1 GAMES

Why is the special 50% off sale limited time only CD at 19.99 while full price CD is 29.99 ..... uh??? uh????

"Do the math!" strikes again LOL!!!

It was originally $39.99, I offered it at 50% off and then after the sale I realized $40 is probably not a fair price point, so I changed the final price to $29.99 which is much more reasonable I think.

Hmmm thanks for the extended video, it's clear that the games not quite there yet.

As CJ says the collision detection needs more work. 2600 mode still looks too busy and in VR mode the trajectory for objects isn't right.

It's not broken but definitely needs more work, shame that this is as far as it goes because a few more months of play testing and it looks like it could have been a real classic.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIGEWAouyNbf96eK_UInqwQ

Sorry for the incredibly poor shaky cam, but I wanted to pop something up quickly icon_smile.gif

I just watched this video and I have a question for JB - in the '2000 mode' (which I believe is the first mode shown in the video), what is the logic/criteria for the collision detection? Is it something along the lines of 'left corner, left 1/4 (or 1/2) of (top/bottom?) mouth must be the first to touch/collide with food to register as an 'eat'? I'm a closet Fast Food fan and I like the looks of the game but I am curious about the collision detection and wondering if it is something I could get used to, knowing myself and how I react to certain types of games and their CD.

Examples I am wondering about - 0:14, 0:17, 0:21-0:22, 0:24-0:25

Thanks.

• Like 1

Busted collision detection. After about a minute in the game appears to ramp speed so quickly you're doomed in a matter of seconds. VR mode looks completely boring. 2600 mode as mentioned is too busy and nothing at all like the original.

post-12162-0-15971100-1498868723_thumb.png

• Like 3

I just watched this video and I have a question for JB - in the '2000 mode' (which I believe is the first mode shown in the video), what is the logic/criteria for the collision detection? Is it something along the lines of 'left corner, left 1/4 (or 1/2) of (top/bottom?) mouth must be the first to touch/collide with food to register as an 'eat'? I'm a closet Fast Food fan and I like the looks of the game but I am curious about the collision detection and wondering if it is something I could get used to, knowing myself and how I react to certain types of games and their CD.

Thanks.

That's not really a question a game should make you feel you have to ask.

• Like 5

Who has time for tweaks when something has to be rushed out in a matter of weeks. What do you want for a mere $39.99? It's 64-bits man. Do the math. Sniff the fumes. Ignore all cries for help.

• Like 6

Thanks.

I would be happy to answer that question. The hitbox for certain food items, (donut and soda can) are 1/4 the size of the sprite and the box is dead center of the object. The hitbox on the lips is 2/3 the size of the lips sprite and dead center of the object. This means you have to work to eat the items, you can not merely brush by the food objects and it count as an eat. You have to hit them dead center or you will miss. Larger food items also have a 1/4 size hitbox, like the burger and taco. These items are larger and easier to eat because of their size.

I already explained multiple times I did not want the hitboxes to be the same size as the sprites, because that doesnt feel right. Also in plus mode you can navigate through the "impossible walls of veggies" easier because of this.

The collision is not broken, it works as intended.

You asked if it would be something you could get used to.

It is not Fast Food for the 2600. It is my incarnation of the game. I like it and so do the majority of the folks who purchased it from me. Once you get the hang of it its pretty fun. Its NOT a PERFECT game but I can think of many games for the platform that it surpasses in quality and fun factor. I'm quite proud of the game and don't see why so much hate on it. In fact the very first day I posted a thread on the idea for the game it was immediately attacked and it turned into a drama fest. I had to have the original thread closed because so many people were against the game and me. One person even went as far as to say the game would never be released. You know they say if you drink too much water it can be bad for you. But is it? Is it really?

Liam I'm really curious to hear your thoughts, is it fun to you? Does it play ok for you? does it feel broken to you or does it feel like a fume inspired secret weapon hell bent on destroying all that is good in Jagland?

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

I would have thought after some decades of being around, AtariAge would have gotten a reputation for completely and utterly smashing shady fucks, fools, and douchebags, to where they would just stop coming around. I guess not.

-Thom

Shady fucks, fools and douchebags? Im sorry I don't quite understand, which one of those bandwagons are you on? Hard to tell, but with a quick remark like that im putting my money on the 3rd one! :)

JeffreyBones: You _really_ need to know when you're being put in your place.

What's sad is, you really don't understand why you're getting this reaction.

Those with an ounce of humility and those who are learning, are welcomed with open arms at AtariAge. It's people whose egos write checks that their body can't cash, that we truly can't stand. Some of us have a compulsive need to teach the error of no humility...often to those who refuse to receive it until it is much too late.

-Thom

• Like 5

JeffreyBones: You _really_ need to know when you're being put in your place.

What's sad is, you really don't understand why you're getting this reaction.

Those with an ounce of humility and those who are learning, are welcomed with open arms at AtariAge. It's people whose egos write checks that their body can't cash, that we truly can't stand. Some of us have a compulsive need to teach the error of no humility...often to those who refuse to receive it until it is much too late.

-Thom

Right. I totally get it. All the hostility is completely justified. All the nitpicking and trash talking is for good reason. Makes perfect sense. Cant argue with that. Sad I didn't understand before. Should I go crawl under a rock now? Never to return?

No instead I will go play some Downfall. I LOVE THAT GAME. Problem is fruit sometimes appears in IMPOSSIBLE places and I cant quite get it.... doesn't matter to me that game is still loads of fun and addictive, I'll still enjoy it.

Anyway Thom thanks for explaining it to me its good to have folks like you around help :)

• Like 1

Problem is fruit sometimes appears in IMPOSSIBLE places and I cant quite get it.... doesn't matter to me that game is still loads of fun and addictive, I'll still enjoy it.

Not being able to pick up the fruit isn't game breaking... they are there as a bonus item and do not represent part of the core gameplay, which is hitting the platforms... which works 100%. Imagine if you randomly fell through the platforms for no reason? Also, if you did manage to get to them, I can guarantee they would be collected.

Unlike not being able to be killed by an enemy or pick up and item in, say, Fast Food.

• Like 5

Not a single ounce of humility. Not a "Gee guys, sorry, I guess I should take this game and work on it and make it better, before releasing."

Nope, just pure ego and passive aggressive response.

One day, life will bitch slap you back, and it will truly be painful. Hope you learn the lesson at that point.

-Thom

• Like 5

Not a single ounce of humility. Not a "Gee guys, sorry, I guess I should take this game and work on it and make it better, before releasing."

Nope, just pure ego and passive aggressive response.

One day, life will bitch slap you back, and it will truly be painful. Hope you learn the lesson at that point.

-Thom

Oh so you WERE trying to humiliate me? I'm sorry that didn't work out for you.

I dont need to apologize to anyone.

I have done nothing wrong.

You have. You are being a prick and name calling over a game I CREATED and released that im willing to wager you have never even played. And why? Its nice that you have been a member of AtariAge for over 10 years, I totally see how thats relevant to my game. Oh wait.... its not. My point was the lashing out is unnecessary. Uncalled for and PATHETIC. Fact is Fast Food 64 is better and more fun than probably 12 OFFICIAL COMMERCIAL releases I can think of right now. You want me to apologize for something I created? Why would I do that? Or you didn't see the part where I said I AM PROUD OF IT and STAND BY MY GAME. Look dude, if you wanna be a part of some club go right ahead, but at the end of the day you don't have to buy my game if you dont want it.

Cool points for you Thom. Cool points. Thanks for all the swearing and trash talking.

Apology.... really? You MUST be joking.

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

Busted collision detection. After about a minute in the game appears to ramp speed so quickly you're doomed in a matter of seconds. VR mode looks completely boring. 2600 mode as mentioned is too busy and nothing at all like the original.

After you hit a certain point count "or time" the game speeds up and it does it a second time as well and probably more. I personally don't see what the problem with that is?

Top left objects still glitching.

Edge bug still present.

Game Over Bug.

PAL game play. Not sure if bug or 'feature' [also, it doesn't say PAL at the bottom, just clipped graphics]

Please explain to me what you are seeing because from my point of view "I'm not a programmer" nothing really shouts out to me "this sucks".

I'm sure you guys see what you don't like but people like me do not.

I see the remarks about the oversized objects not getting eaten but he has said that is how he wants it. I guess he should make the items smaller so you can't fly through them? he has designed it so you have to hit dead center to get it counted and while it may not be how everyone likes it, it is how he likes it.

From my perspective a lot of this sounds like people want something different than what the OP wants in his game.

• Like 2