IGNORED

New C64 Shooters - I've missed?

I like to know if there were any newish shooters - after the likes of Armalyte?

I think I know of the best? shooters - the likes of -

Io, Sanxion, Delta, Katakis, R-Type ---- comes to mind. The Synapse version of Zaxxon - and of Dropzone.

Any others worth mentioning and trying out?

Also whether I've missed any outstanding demos? Of any kind?

Finding the Zelda demo - A Link to the Past - I think it's called? The SNES version --- within a demo was very surprising to know about.

It was only a demo that recreated the SNES graphics rather accurately - so - amazing!

Harvey

Well, you're in PAL land, so that helps heh. Presume you mean scrolling shooters here? You need to try out Enforcer, which was the last thing Manfred Trenz (Katakis, Turrican) did on the C64. Edge Grinder is a modern compact shooter with different mechanics. Plenty of Alf Yngve SEUCK inspired shooters. The Metal Warrior series and Hessian if you like something akin to Metroid. Vice Squad for Chase HQ done overhead. Or if you don't mind something different, there is an incredible C64 version of a certain title called Super Bread Box.

Thanks for the updates - I'll check them out on Youtube first - before tracking down the actual game files. Good to know of titles I've never heard of. Like to know of any incredible demos which show anything interesting? Most demos by demo groups - tend to be boring to me ...

Harvey