IGNORED

Colecovision "Ultimate SD" fw update - help (files) needed

plx

Hello,

updating the fw of the Ultimate SD seems to be quite hard, especially talking about the upate files.

Could anyone help mie with this? Im currently on this Version:

post-32879-0-05323000-1494274872_thumb.jpg

and I need the latest...

Thanks

plx

Well, as you might assume, I've already seen that thread, wrote to Steven but recieved no answer yet... :/

(please tell me if I missed a link in any of the posts there...)

Maybe he'll answer shortly, maybe not, but meanwhile I'm asking in this forum because Im quite sure that there are

some coleco-users here who already have updated their device and still have the files... ;)

Edited by plx

ill see what version of the firmware that i have.

he does take quite a while to reply, i had to email him twice about an issue i had as my email went into spam the first time. i was sure there was some firmware on that forum somewhere.

i did find a beta firmware there but it wasn't the latest i don't think

I am just looking at a glance here, but the first thing that pops into my mind is the card format.

Did you format the card using Windows?

That can sometimes mess up devices. For portable stuff, I recommend using the Panasonic card format utility.

I figure sharing can only help. It's made a difference on some of my other SD card devices.

did you put those files in the recovery folder on the sd and boot it?

if you did you might have a broken ultimate sd, in which you will need to email and when he does reply eventually he will replace it for you

try and flash a number of different firmwares including your backup firmware you should have on your sd card

yes, i pout the files in the folder and switched on the console, as explained.

i dont think that it bricked anything because i can still use my original sd card. plus,

the versions shown in my screenshot above havent changed, so i guess that nothing actually happened.

it seems that the process ha been initialized but nothing more. will try with my backup fw... same same with the backup fw

Edited by plx

Got help from kamshaft:

The solution for him (and now for me, too) was to use "core_firmware.bin" ONLY
(leave out "core_hardware.bin" and "core_boot.rom") for the first flash.

After that has passed, copy the other two files to the card and flash again. :thumbsup:

Edited by plx
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Got help from kamshaft:

After that has passed, copy the other two files to the card and flash again. :thumbsup:

Hey plx - I have the old revision of the Ultimate SD that you have. Did upgrading the firmware (only) solve a problem you were having or did you just want to apply the latest update?

Also, which package shared above did you use? Did you update your firmware to Firmware: 20160609 or Firmware: 20141102?

Hey plx - I have the old revision of the Ultimate SD that you have. Did upgrading the firmware (only) solve a problem you were having or did you just want to apply the latest update?

Also, which package shared above did you use? Did you update your firmware to Firmware: 20160609 or Firmware: 20141102?

IIRC, I just wanted to have the latest version - so I muste have used the 2016-files posted here... my coleco is under construction ATM.

I could check with another one, though.... wongo, just give it a try, meanwhile ;)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 5/12/2017 at 6:25 PM, plx said:

Got help from kamshaft:

All right. Necrobumping this because this saved my CV AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart's a$$!

I was toying around with "updating" my cart (even though it turns out I'd had the latest firmware, version 20190610). I came across this thread at AtariMax's own forums... YIKES! There was not enough clear information in this post to discern what files I had downloaded. Turns out, these linked files "restore" you all the way back to the 2010 firmware! That said, I recommend NOT using these particular files, unless you find some rare need to roll back to such an early firmware.

The problem: after I rolled back to 2010, I COULD NOT update back to 20190610. I spend a few hours trying intermittent versions from 2014 and 2016. Nothing worked! I kept getting 6 flashes which is an update fail.

The solution: the above post from @plx. Mr Plx, wherever you are... THANK YOU for posting this solution. It got me back on track, and I wanted to re-up this thread for posterity. ?

• Like 1