Photo

OT - what do you like to do in your non-TI time?

28 replies to this topic

#26 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 614 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 1:48 PM

Those are some pretty good looking axes Chris.

#27 wyerd OFFLINE  

wyerd

Moonsweeper

• 377 posts

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 9:28 PM

I obsessively watch Sky Sports F1 broadcasts of Qualifying and Race day for Formula 1, since the hybrid era began in 2014.  That is the only sport I follow.  And only now that the kids are off in college.  Nearly 20 years ago, I followed CART in the 98 and 99 season.  Both of these are interests as a spin-off of computer games I enjoy. 

-M@

Another F1 nut here! Have been since the late '80 when I used work for Honda at their manufacturing plant in the U.K. as an AS/400 programmer. That's when Honda was winning races and championships, not like now.....oh dear. I remember when Nigel Mansel visited the plant with his Williams car and did donuts at the end of the test track - I was hooked, the Jananese managers were none too impressed!

How do you get the Sky Sports coverage over here? I watch it on Channel 4 (UK) via a Smart DNS service as the NBC Sports coverage is awful!

#28 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,119 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 AM

Another F1 nut here! Have been since the late '80 when I used work for Honda at their manufacturing plant in the U.K. as an AS/400 programmer. That's when Honda was winning races and championships, not like now.....oh dear. I remember when Nigel Mansel visited the plant with his Williams car and did donuts at the end of the test track - I was hooked, the Jananese managers were none too impressed!

How do you get the Sky Sports coverage over here? I watch it on Channel 4 (UK) via a Smart DNS service as the NBC Sports coverage is awful!

NBC coverage is aweful.  Or at least the 3 or 4 times I've tried to watch a live race during US hours. 

I do have high hopes for Honda to turn it around for McLaren...  Really enjoyed JB, but miss him this year.  It'll be a treat to have him back for Monaco while Alonso has his dalliance with left turns. Alonso managed to qualify today in a points earning way... But I fear it won't quite turn into points tomorrow. I'd love to be wrong. 

This year is turning out to be exciting!!!  

-M@

#29 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,191 posts

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 9:53 AM

When not doing TI stuff I'm collecting/fixing/restoring arcade games and pinball machines, going around and getting other classic systems for the collections (recently colecovision, coco's and another apple iie) and trying to find time to hike/camp/explore the Oregon wilderness

Greg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users