5 replies to this topic

#1 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 2,291 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 8:18 PM

Just received word from Alex tonight:

https://console5.com...pe_revision=270

Great to see a happy ending after the ebay fiasco. Now you can buy this excellent hardware and support him for new upcoming projects. I cannot say much, but there are some interesting things he is working on ;)

I personally own the DarkRam 8MB card as well as the DarkSound card and I can say firsthand that these are excellent products. The ram is really small and energy efficient and I can't say enough about the sound card. The sound out of this thing really provides a whole new experience especially for people like me that were living on either the internal speaker or mono output. I was particularly impressed that it has its own internal amplifier that can be adjusted with a jumper. LINE (for no amplification), LOW and HIGH for low or high amplification. These can be adjusted individually for left and right speakers as well. Pretty darn cool.

I have no direct affiliation (not making anything by posting this) but I have become friends with Alex and I am really impressed with the level of perfection with his products. Check them out!

Edited by eightbit, Tue May 9, 2017 8:24 PM.

#2 spacecadet OFFLINE  

spacecadet

Stargunner

• 1,995 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 8:40 PM

What was the "ebay fiasco"? I am pretty sure I bought a ByteBoosters memory card on Ebay. 

#3 c0op3r OFFLINE  

c0op3r

Space Invader

• 32 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 9:44 PM

Some crap about not having german approval for recycling.  So they stopped selling there, I say good Fuck eBay fees!

#4 Bloodnose OFFLINE  

Bloodnose

Space Invader

• 47 posts

Posted Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 AM

I'm enjoying both the 8MB RAM card and Sound card.

#5 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,291 posts

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 9:16 PM

Some crap about not having german approval for recycling.  So they stopped selling there, I say good Fuck eBay fees!

Agreed. I have to use ebay unfortunately to get stuff I cannot find elsewhere, but I now actively try to get my stuff OUTSIDE of ebay first. 

#6 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,291 posts

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 9:22 PM

What was the "ebay fiasco"? I am pretty sure I bought a ByteBoosters memory card on Ebay. 

You did (and I did) but you cannot now as stated in the previous post. I found it very unfortunate and was able to get ByteBoosters and Console5 together to continue getting these projects to the masses. I am really glad and grateful I could help. I bought the 8MB expansion on a whim on ebay a while back, was really impressed and purchased the sound card. Asked Alex if he had any other projects up his sleeve and then found someone was threatening him through ebay about selling/importing the products. That is when I decided to try to help him. I do what I can when it comes to good homebrew developers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users