IGNORED

How many systems do you have connected to your one TV or monitor right now?

Me: too many :D I have Atari 7800 via RF (for some reason Harmony cart displays funky half-interlaced lines over composite, like my TV is only accepting one field and not second field for a complete frame). AV modded Colecovision and Intellivision 2, NES (stock AV), SNES, N64, GC, Duo-R, PSOne, PS2, XBox, Sega Genesis with CD + 32X, Saturn (just got it today), and DC are all connected via massive multi-AV switch box (made from 6x 5 ports Intec switch boxes with S-Video support) DC is also connected via RGB cable to VGA port for that few nice games. Wii U is connected via HDMI. I also have a cable connected to switch box for my PSP but it's fairly rare.

If I had the room I'd shoehorn O^2 and Atari 5200 I have somewhere but I'd have to give up my Commodore 128D setup with its own monitor.

SMS games are on my Game Gear with McWill LCD + VGA out so there's no reason to have SMS console or a power base converter (32x is a PITA to deal with since it has to be removed completely to use SMS mode)

Currently: Switch, PS4(for movies), NES Classic Edition, and a Retron5 on the HDMI with a switcher box. Then on a RCA switcher there's Wii, Gamecube w/GB Player, Dreamcast, N64.

Contemplating pulling a second switcher I've kept in a box for ages and bringing the toploader modded NES out and my SNES and throwing the R5 to the sharks.

Well...my flat panel decided to up and crap out tonight..(Owned it just 2 months past its year warranty...figures). Anyway, it had the following connected and its replacement will have the same:

TurboDuo - S-video

DreamCast - S-video (May go back to VGA with new TV)

SNES jr - S-video

SMS - S-Video

Wii - Component

PS3 - HDMI

Jaguar w/CD - Composite

Wii-U - HDMI

Saturn - S-video

Genesis w/32x & Model 1 Sega CD - S-video (From 32x)

7800 - S-video

Those are currently connected with power ready to go. But as my 8input AV switcher has front inputs, I can also quickly connect up any other system. As such I have these on the shelf ready to plug in as needed:

ColecoVision - Composite

Intellivision - Composite

Atari 5200 - S-video

Good thing all the wires and mess from this is hiding behind the display case they all sit in. And it sucks when something needs to be swapped out or moved because the entire case has to be moved out (Stupid heavy) in order to get to things.

At the moment I've got 6 consoles hooked up to a Sony KV-20FS120 WEGA Trinitron CRT TV (which is my only gaming TV since I don't play modern games), most of which are run through a General Electric 4-Device A/V Switch Box. They are...

Atari 2600 - Coaxial via female RCA to male coaxial adapter

Atari 7800 - Composite via internal modification

Sega Genesis Model 2 VA3 - Composite

Sony PlayStation - Composite

Nintendo GameCube w/ Game Boy Player - Composite

Nintendo Wii - Composite

Currently, 6 connected classic consoles, all via composite (mod) in alphabetical order:

Atari 2600 (Woody with LED mod)

Atari 7800 (AT84 Serial Full Expansion)

ColecoVision (Pause mod | "Yurkie" system)

Genesis (Model 1 VA6 with region and overclock switches mod)

NES (LED mod top loader)

SNES (SNS-001 model)

I have a tiny Samsung flat screen (25 inches) in my tiny den in my 2 bedroom apt. At the moment I have the following hooked up:

Atari 2600 4 switch woody (coax) Super Nintendo Non yellowed (AV) Sega Genesis Model 1 (AV) Sony Playstation 1 The fat boy one (AV)

I cycle them out from time to time, The Atari I have a harmony cart in, the snes and genesis I have the everdrives in there.

tiny sidebar, ill have to buy some ps1 games from a forum or something here on Atariage, i'm not paying 35 to 50 bucks for a complete black label crash bandicoot 1 game.

end of sidebar

Currently hooked up to my Samsung 32" j6300:

Composite switcher running to HDMI converter- SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis/Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, and a VCR.

Component switcher- PS2, Xbox, PSP (well, the A/V cable to attach it to at least)

HDMI switcher- PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Wii U. There's room for a Switch, but I haven't bought one yet.

A/B coaxial switch- NES toploader.

So, that's 15 hooked up at all times. The A/B switch & HDMI converter are set up for easy access so the systems I don't keep hooked up (Channel F, Atari 2600 Jr, Atari 7800, Intellivision, composite modded Colecovision) are quick to get set up. Not bad for a setup that mostly fits in a 4' x 4' chunk of floorspace.

• Like 1

Many years back I tried to have all of my systems hooked up at once, but once my collection started growing, that proved impractical. Now, it's about having modern systems hooked up to our active TVs, and a few select classic systems hooked up to vintage displays. The countless hundreds of other systems in my collection get hooked up on demand. That just seems to make more sense, particularly since there are only so many hours in a day/week/month/year.

On our main family room TV, I have an Xbox One, PS4, and Switch dock, and, ready to trade the HDMI port with the Switch is a Retro Freak (I recently got away from have an HDMI auto switch for the sake of simplification). There are other active TVs throughout the house with various combinations of current/last gen systems.

Lots.

PS4, 3 and 2, hooked up by hdmi, hdmi and component respectively, plus a Retron 5 (hdmi), Wii (for Gamecube and via component to hdmi "upscaler"), Wii U (hdmi), 360 (hdmi) and PSTV (hdmi) to the big living room TV. Atari 5200, Intellivision and Colecovision with 2600 doodad hooked up by gross RF splitter to my tiny little 13" CRT TV in bedroom A.

Deep breath for this one:

Saturn, N64, Gamecube (w/ GB player), 3D0 and Retron 3 (for NES and SNES) via S-Video (and a laserdisc player, too), plus a Dreamcast, TurboDuo and SEGA Master System hooked up via composite, plus another PS2 (Japanese) and a Genesis/32X/SEGA CD hooked up via big, bad, beautiful component cables to the 32 inch CRT in bedroom B. There's probably a VCR somewhere in all of that, too.

Edited by dj_convoy

Well, I have two TVs currently, so...

On the LCD:

XBox One (HDMI)

XBox 360 (HDMI)

XBox (Composite)

PS2 (Composite)

PSOne (Composite)

Dreamcast (Composite)

Genesis (Composite)

SNES (Composite)

Gamecube (Composite)

Jaguar (rf)

On the CRT:

2600 (rf)

Intellivision (rf)

Master System (rf)

NES (rf)

TurboGrafx (rf)

Saturn (Composite)

But honestly? I need to completely redo everything. Many of these systems are "hooked up" in the sense that they are on the desk... several share a cable or whatever. For example, I'm using the same composite cable for the SNES and the Gamecube. The same rf cable runs the TurboGrafx, SMS, 2600, Intellivision, and NES. The same composite cable is shared by the PS2 and the PSOne. Also, there are several items that I have to unplug the power cable to plug in something else. But they are all relatively quick to start playing. Moreso than the N64, for example, which is in a box in storage because I simply ran out of room.

Right now, I have two TV's for gaming in different rooms: a 25" Samsung CRT and a 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma 1080P.

On the CRT, using multi-plug split AV cables, two A/V boxes, and RF:

NES

AV-modded Famicom

SNES

N64

Gamecube

Genesis

Saturn

Dreamcast

Goldstar 3DO

Xbox

PS2

The RF console gets swapped all the time: 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, or TG16 get hooked up that way.

On the HDTV:

PS3

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Wii

HTPC running various emulators, but mostly MAME

My Main Flatscreen TV, 53 inch Samsung:

-Nintendo Switch

-PS3

-Turbografx 16

-Sega Saturn

-Nintendo 64

-3DO

-Dreamcast (VGA)

-Atari Jaguar/CD

-Sega Genesis/CD/32x

-Wii (Component)

-Xbox (Component)

-CDi

My second TV, 39" Phillips CRT Tube

-NES

-SNES

-Genesis 2

-Saturn

-Dreamcast

-Jaguar/CD

On my desk:

-Apple G4 Cube (to play OS9 games)

-Nintendo Virtual Boy

-Samsung 17 inch flatscreen (got for free, 2006 era with a ton of inputs!)

-Hooked up to that is an Intellivision

Upstairs TV, 55 Inch Samsung flatscreen:

-Nintendo Switch

-Nintendo Wii U

-Nintendo 64

Currently looking for homes for:

-Atari 5200

-Atari XEGS