IGNORED

Getting Stereo out of a console when using a PVM

zetastrike

So, I have two PVMs I use for gaming that only have a single audio input for each video input, no stereo. I want to be able to get stereo out of my consoles that support it while using them. I'd like a way to take the audio out of the RCA plugs and send it to a 3.5mm female jack so I can plug in headphones or PC speakers. Will something like this work?

https://www.amazon.com/LIQUN-Stereo-Female-Plated-Adapter/dp/B01ELP7KFM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494497632&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=rca+female+to+3.5mm+female&psc=1

PVMs are Sony CRT monitors. Each input (composite, S video, RGB) has a single RCA audio in that goes with it. They have a single speaker built into them, so they only output mono audio. My thought was that I could plug the two audio cables from my Saturn or whatever into the adapter (ignoring the monitor's audio input) from my OP, then connect a pair of headphones or PC speakers to the other end and run the sound that way.

Those adapters should work fine for what you're doing. I don't even use the speaker on my PVM, I've always hooked up my consoles straight to my stereo setup.

^^^^ What he said. Except when using my small little 8inch PVM for bench tests. That I use the audio input for and I don't care if I get stereo or not since that is only for testing work and not actually playing. But on my main gaming TV, the speakers are turned off and I have it set to external audio only. Technically that means the TV is only outputting audio through the audio out connection. But I don't even use that because I'm not watching TV on my TV, I'm playing games!!!