IGNORED

NES Journey To Silius - Underground Concourse (Atari PoKEY Cover) [NTSC]

Fragmare

Interesting stuff. Seems the PSG has some slight problems with tuning? The higher notes get a bit lose even in the original ! Intention? Possible, as the original creator puts sometimes a short note into the tune, to release from that.

Thanks for always posting the RMT file.

So here is some different edit, doing some slight distraction from POKEY's 8-bit resolution.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff. Seems the PSG has some slight problems with tuning? The higher notes get a bit lose even in the original ! Intention? Possible, as the original creator puts sometimes a short note into the tune, to release from that.

Thanks for always posting the RMT file.

So here is some different edit, doing some slight distraction from POKEY's 8-bit resolution.

I'm not sure about any tuning problems, but I just tried to stick to the original script as closely as I could on this one. The 'A' distortion generally ends up sounding an octave too high compared to the 2A03, to me, so i usually pitch any melodies using 'A' distortion down one octave. if i can't get low enough after it's pitched down, then i'll use 'C' and pitch that UP one octave for those lowest notes only... A and C seem to run together, that way. Or at least have a bit of overlap, so you can get a full octave range. Just a little trick I do to keep everything sounding ok.

And no problem. Glad to post the RMT! :)

Those 60Hz tunes show something interesting. The 60Hz in single step is fast enough to get some "digi FX" ...

In 50Hz you'd need double speed .

About your observation of the notation, you are correct there. "C" is the straight bass/deep notes, while "E" is more limited, to have a notation row of similar sounds.

• Like 1