IGNORED

EA looking at bringing more games to Switch

Rev

I'm conflicted on this one. EA well is EA.

Now it's equally everyones fault spread around to blame on the WiiU, but EA was key in helping shove it over the edge out of the gate so to say I don't trust them is fair. They promised to deliver, then the stuff they did was both either late or not up to snuff with problems(bugs.) On one end you get them put out a years old ME3 release, right along side (and for less) the ME Trilogy on the competition -- then get hot about it not selling (wow really?) A year-ish later you get that NFS game, and it was a buggy problem. If you read up the drama out of the developer for the release EA forced them to finish it before it should have been, left problems in place, and ended up a worst release situation and again late too so when it sold, it barely sold and then the ran for the hills making press smoke about it trying to drag others with them. They're double talkers and deceitful, and when they didn't do that with T/M level adult franchises they peddled kids junk that sold in kiddie numbers and ultimately bailed not even bothering with their key sports franchises. Even on systems that get them, they do you no favors since forever asking for a minor system update and a roster upgrade a full retail game pricing scheme, then on top stuff that once was included in multiple DLC bundles to get it into the $100+ club.

So it's like, do you what jerkoffs like this even on the system with their established track record in general and then on top of it, their Nintendo based one. It seems like a suicidally bad idea at face value. But on the other hand then you realize all the blind clowns out there who just lap up the EA stuff and ignore things EA ignores, so it's like you have to have them around or the sheep stay elsewhere and spread bad worth of mouth comments of where you can't get X game. Kind of a damned if you do or don't situation with them.

I'd have to agree more or less. The only time I'll throw them money for some years now is through GoG and only when they end up doing a bare minimum 66-75% off sale as I don't think considering their antics they're worth more than pennies to the dollar anymore. I think the last time I bought their stuff was those 2 terrible WiiU games I noted and that fairly well soured me completely to their lies and contortionist acts.

I don't buy any EA sports titles...or really any sports titles from any publisher.

Mass Effect. Meh.

They still make Medal Of Honor? Didn't reay care for those. COD and Ghost Recon were always much better.

Only games I might buy from EA would be NFS or a new Sim City.

I don't buy any EA sports titles...or really any sports titles from any publisher.

Mass Effect. Meh.

They still make Medal Of Honor? Didn't reay care for those. COD and Ghost Recon were always much better.

Only games I might buy from EA would be NFS or a new Sim City.

I used to love the Need for Speed series back in the PlayStation days. The second one was amazing with all the stats and videos on those cool cars. Now a days I don't like it anymore. I can't stand the open world environment. I miss just picking a track from a menu.

• Like 1

I used to love the Need for Speed series back in the PlayStation days. The second one was amazing with all the stats and videos on those cool cars. Now a days I don't like it anymore. I can't stand the open world environment. I miss just picking a track from a menu.

I got a marketing email stating that they understand that many aren't a fan of the open world always online thing they've been obsessed with and that will not be how the next one is. It's been decades since I bought one that wasn't some bargain bin but it peaked my interested a bit.

I'm all for more games and EA games seem to sell well so bring it on.

Edited by omegadot

I got a marketing email stating that they understand that many aren't a fan of the open world always online thing they've been obsessed with and that will not be how the next one is. It's been decades since I bought one that wasn't some bargain bin but it peaked my interested a bit.

I'm all for more games and EA games seem to sell well so bring it on.

That would be awesome. Thanks for the info!

I was never big on EA but that said I really did enjoy their WW2 based MOH games and a few of the very first early NFS titles (I'm talking 90s era like the original and Hot Pursuit.) Also that one Bond game where they got Connery to voice his character on Gamecube was some fun times as was also the one stand out on PS3 for me Mass Effect 2. I never was into their rehash sports tripe, Harry Potter, and some of their other heavily tread stuff.

Of those if they did it well without too much convoluted city management into a bunch of whiny liberal protestors and garbage going on like SC3/4 had I'd be game. I liked the original 2 the best as you didn't have to worry about pissing off someone over garbage, cutting out a tree or two (vs a forest when SC2K would boo), overly picky placement of roads/tunnels where it would howl, and so on. They're good relaxing non-overkill management games. But being realistic I'd more expect the SNES Sim City, perhaps even the DS one due to touch or the oddball mouse driven SC2K SNES to appear before something new.

Sim City 3000 was my favorite. Would love to see a console release on the Switch. The closest we've gotten is a lackluster DS port.

Modern Sim City though, I'm much more happy to see Cities: Skylines appearing on the Xbox One than any potential revival of the Sim City franchise. Sim City 3 pretty much alienated me completely from the franchise.

Edited by Atariboy

SC3K drove me nuts. I had such a hard time trying to ever get it to make bridges or tunnels. It was never really entirely clear why it would end up failing, could be something as small as one house, one tree, a teeny bit of a grade. I'd end up having to level like 2 city blocks around a spot wasting money, time, and tax profit for basic projects. I don't think I ever finished a city map on that one. It was a pretty nice game otherwise though, but I think SC4 handled things that way far better.

• Like 1

SC3K drove me nuts. I had such a hard time trying to ever get it to make bridges or tunnels. It was never really entirely clear why it would end up failing, could be something as small as one house, one tree, a teeny bit of a grade. I'd end up having to level like 2 city blocks around a spot wasting money, time, and tax profit for basic projects. I don't think I ever finished a city map on that one. It was a pretty nice game otherwise though, but I think SC4 handled things that way far better.

From someone who has played hundreds of hours of Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000 was a major letdown and pretty much ruined the franchise for me. If 4 was better, i'd like to check it out. A nice version of this for the Switch with an available mouse controller would be good. For some reason just like playing this game with a mouse.

Remember Burnout? And in particular Burnout Paradise. My all time favorite racing game...made by Criterion Games. Then Criterion went on to make a few Need for Speed games for EA that controlled like crap. Typical. :-/

From someone who has played hundreds of hours of Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000 was a major letdown and pretty much ruined the franchise for me. If 4 was better, i'd like to check it out. A nice version of this for the Switch with an available mouse controller would be good. For some reason just like playing this game with a mouse.

Dude you are on the same page as me. Sim City 3000 I tried for a good stretch to force myself to like it, but I couldn't. Eventually I got to where I'd save up twice the cash for a bridge or tunnel and destroy blocks of city area, flatten it wasting more cash, then maybe the tunnel would work on the 2nd or 3rd fix. It ran me off it. I never bought SC4 up until many years later finding it in a dumper bin used for like $5 at a half priced books. Being still turned off by it I only played it off and on but it was notably superior as it kept the few nice bits of 3000 but handled more like a mix of 2000 and something new.

I never tried the newest one after that crap about the forced online always, broken single player, and nagging and moaning it did to try and force online play with a phonebook sized list of bugs and complaints they eventually apologized and put a HUGE patch for. The most fun I had with the franchise due to 3000 since really was Simcity DS, Sim City 2000(without underground stupidity) on GBA, and then the freeware SC sourceport Micropolis for Windows. I love the franchise still, but it's targeted depending on the failures of EA.

Yup I remember people foaming at the mouth in a fury over that. It's Sim City, you should never have a game like that require an online presence just to log in unless you opt into a multiplayer environment. I never dug into it much but I'd wonder why they would not have an offline classic building mode as it just seems so controlling and stupid.

Any recollections why?

I don't really remember why I hated Sim City 4, but I recall Sim City 3000 basically being Sim City 2000 with prettier graphics and a few enhanced capabilities such as a greater selection of city services, having to take care of waste, new zones like farms, power plants that aged and had to be replaced, etc.

Seemed at the time to me like they played it pretty safe in making a sequel, which perhaps was why you disliked it so much if you were hoping for more evolution instead of a bigger, better Sim City 2000? It was just what I was looking for though, so I loved it.

Edited by Atariboy

No argument there. The SNES one is basically all the excellent aspects of the original title, but with some nicer visuals, Bowser attack, the special house/item spaces 2K created (as well as the few land fill expansion squares), and with a nice little sound track and encouraging character. Even without mouse control it is never a pain in the butt to get into at all.

I'm kind of surprised the fools never pumped it out on the 3DS Virtual Console. Seems like an instant no brainer to grab for a heap of hours of fun on the go.

Nintendo didn't want to pay EA again, which is why it never reappeared on the Wii U as well.

Hopefully if this SuperNes Classic Edition comes to fruition, they'll come to some sort of agreement since it's an iconic 1st party release from the early days of the console. Then I'd imagine it would at least reach the Switch Virtual Console afterwards (I'd love to see it on the Wii U since it's my last SuperNes download that hasn't been upgraded to the Wii U version, so maybe I'll get lucky seeing as they're still supporting it two months into the Switch.).

Edited by Atariboy

Hopefully if this SuperNes Classic Edition comes to fruition, they'll come to some sort of agreement since it's an iconic 1st party release from the early days of the console. Then I'd imagine it would at least reach the Switch Virtual Console afterwards (I'd love to see it on the Wii U since it's my last SuperNes download that hasn't been upgraded to the Wii U version, so maybe I'll get lucky seeing as they're still supporting it two months into the Switch.).

Why would Nintendo put Sim City on the Super-NES Mini when they can put Actraiser? I know they're not really the same, but they are similar, and Actraiser is more recognizable on the Super-NES than Sim City. Just sayin'...

I so much want to agree with the above statement as it's a very fun and special game, but no it's not more recognizable nor did it sell in the numbers that SimCity moved either. Not sure how that one works out as Nintendo made but it has that SimCity name so even licensing maybe could hang it up?