Photo

RamFAST Boot up

3 replies to this topic

#1 dj_sudo OFFLINE  

dj_sudo

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 5:40 PM

My "new" IIgs has a RamFAST SCSI card installed with a lot of other goodies. I've never seen this card before. The system starts up and I'm greeted with these screens. Nothing I do seems to allow me to boot - open to suggestions at this point, it's been about 29 years since I last touched a II series computer.Attached File  IMG_20170512_191302.jpg   3.18MB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20170512_191329.jpg   4.92MB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20170512_191711.jpg   5.05MB   1 downloads

#2 dj_sudo OFFLINE  

dj_sudo

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 AM

Well, it looks like the previous owner wiped his data and so there are no active partitions on the disk. I have a set of IIgs system disks, I guess I'll see if I can get a bootable system on there.

#3 dj_sudo OFFLINE  

dj_sudo

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 7:40 AM

So the RAMFast doesn't seem to want to save its configuration. Every time I save and reboot the next boot I'm greeted with "Incompatible Configuration Data."

Worse, I tried to partition the Connor 40mb drive in the SCSI Expander. First shot got a Fatal Memory Error with no code. Shut down, reseated the chips on the board, tried again. This time it was an MLI Error 2F. I gather that could mean anything. Cabling, termination, bad drive, who knows. I'm going to try again with a known good external drive and see whether I see any improvement.

Edited by dj_sudo, Thu May 18, 2017 7:41 AM.

#4 dj_sudo OFFLINE  

dj_sudo

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 PM

Looks like it's a plain old dead drive. Shame, the old Conner 40mb laptop drives are getting pricey. Partitioned and installed to an external Fujitsu 230MB MO drive with absolutely no trouble. Got a disk stuck in the UniDisk and had to disassemble it to clean the eject mechanism. That part, at least, is the same as old Mac!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users