Photo

First Colecovision Score

19 replies to this topic

#1 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• 10 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 4:51 PM

Hi guys. I just got a great deal on a Atari7800 and A Colecovision package, but to be honest, I barely know the systems. I like to collect videogames but this is my first time in the 7800 and Colecovisiom area. What donyou think about it? Anything that stand out for being rare or valuable?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3821.JPG
  • IMG_3822.JPG
  • IMG_3823.JPG
  • 8712C5D3-BC08-42C7-A8F5-284C204762A3.jpg

#2 digress OFFLINE  

digress

Dragonstomper

• 901 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 5:04 PM

hmm. 1rst  post ever.

#3 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 5:13 PM

Yes.... first post. I just joined :)

#4 5-11under OFFLINE  

5-11under

River Patroller

• 3,238 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 6:48 PM

Looks like some nice games there.

#5 Hawk269 OFFLINE  

Hawk269

Space Invader

• 42 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 7:14 PM

WOW.  That is a great score.  Many items in boxes as well is a big win.  Where did you find such a good batch of systems and games CIB?

#6 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 7:23 PM

It is funny. Everything started because he posted an ad in facebook selling a 2600 sixer, I asked for a front picture to see if it eas a heavy sixer(which it wasnt) and then he asked me what I was looking for. I talked to him a bit about the differente 2600 versions and then he said "my girlfriend still has her old atari 7800 and I told him to look for it and put a price on it. He looked for it and also found the colecovision. He made me a package and I bought it(he was moving). The 7800 still has the protective plastic on the silver areas on the controllers and The console

#7 Hawk269 OFFLINE  

Hawk269

Space Invader

• 42 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 8:12 PM

I have never been that lucky or my timing is really bad.  I have been looking for an Atari 7800 for a while now, but I am looking for one with a S-Video mod on it.  I am blown away that you got the add-on's for the Colecvision and many CIB box games.   Let me know if you are at all interested in sellign the Driving Module w/Turbo for the Colecovision.

#8 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,776 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 8:21 PM

Great score! I am surprised that no one has mentioned it yet, but if the ColecoVision WizMath game is CIB, that is worth some SERIOUS cash even though the box edges are a little rough.

#9 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 8:27 PM

Great score! I am surprised that no one has mentioned it yet, but if the ColecoVision WizMath game is CIB, that is worth some SERIOUS cash even though the box edges are a little rough.

I think it is CIB.... I just need to look it up to see ehat it ame with and see if I have all the paperwork

#10 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,845 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 9:31 PM

Are you kidding boy? You have a DAMN F***ING Wizmath in box!!!! :o

I would give you $400 for it right away if you have the paperwork :evil:

#11 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 10:05 PM

Wow.... I knew it was kind of rare but didnt know it was that rare. I almost threw it away together with the other of the same brand and the Fisher Price Logic. You can see in the pic they were all together in "throw away" box together with the atari telegames system. Thanks God and the internet I read a bit first

#12 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 AM

At the end, I may be selling some of the titles since I am more of a console guy

#13 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,798 posts

Posted Mon May 15, 2017 1:00 PM

the last wiz math went for 1000 if yours is beat up a little then it might go for less.    All of the fisher price can get good money too (around a 100) but really only collectors want them so there is a question of if there are any collectors left that don't have them since most of us have them.

#14 Bmack36 ONLINE  

Bmack36

Moonsweeper

• 300 posts

Posted Mon May 15, 2017 1:27 PM

I think the last one that went that high was sealed. I sold mine last year CIB for around 600.

#15 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,776 posts

Posted Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 PM

Sell those games and get yourself the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart. Copy all the rom files to the SD Card and having fun playing the ColecoVision.

Seeing as you would have probably just thrown away some of those games that could bring you some nice $$$ in return, I would accept Nanochess' offer for the WizMath game. He's great guy, an awesome homebrew programmer, author of one of the best CV emulators, and on, and on, and on....

#16 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• 703 posts

Posted Tue May 16, 2017 7:02 AM

I think the last one that went that high was sealed. I sold mine last year CIB for around 600.

...and there was another boxed Wizmath that more recently traded hands on eBay as part of a CV collection that altogether didn't come close to that valuation.

#17 Cd13 OFFLINE  

Cd13

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 PM

Thanks guys for the info. I'll sit and decide what I want to do and will let you know, in case anybody is interested

#18 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,776 posts

Posted Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 PM

...and there was another boxed Wizmath that more recently traded hands on eBay as part of a CV collection that altogether didn't come close to that valuation.

Those are the ones that collectors and flippers always dream about stumbling upon!

#19 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,259 posts

Posted Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 PM

Unreal...  WizMath in the bundle...  Dreams still come true... You struck platinum on this find, now get that WizMath off the car before you scar the box!

#20 cvga OFFLINE  

cvga

River Patroller

• 4,281 posts

Posted Sun Jun 4, 2017 12:06 AM

Thanks guys for the info. I'll sit and decide what I want to do and will let you know, in case anybody is interested

Looks like you put this on eBay but forgot to let people know.

At the end, I may be selling some of the titles since I am more of a console guy

Um, Colecovision is a console

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users