Photo

What are the power requirements for the SGM module?

3 replies to this topic

#1 omf OFFLINE  

omf

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Mon May 15, 2017 5:49 AM

i have found a nice small power supply that i plan to use as a internal replacement for my coleco, however it outputs only 5 volts, i have tested it and 5v only does work if you use a F18a as the video output device.  i am on the list to obtain an SGM in the future and i am curious if i do this mod am i shooting myself in the foot for later because if the SGM requires either 12v or -5v then i really need to obtain a different power supply now rather than later

can anyone help?

#2 SiLic0ne t0aD ONLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,131 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Sat May 20, 2017 11:23 AM

I use the F18a and SGM, along with an internal PS (only 5V is connected right now). The PS I use also has -5v and 12v taps available but they're not connected at the moment. You should be fine with yours though.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85, Sat May 20, 2017 11:27 AM.

#3 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• 4,116 posts
  • Bringing new life to your ColecoVision!

Posted Sun Jun 4, 2017 1:38 PM

The SGM only requires 5V.

#4 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 205 posts

Posted Wed Jun 7, 2017 12:15 PM

The SGM works fine with my orginal Coleco power adapter, so I doubt it requires anything special to power it.

Yeah, I broke down and bought one on eBay. But despite this, I still plan on pre-ordering a second unit from the 4th production run to support Opcode. The one I bought on eBay was a lot cheaper than some of the others, which all sold for $300+..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users