IGNORED

Lode Runner Level Select

Goochman

Back in the day the original Lode Runner for the 8bit was tough to crack - as such it was a game I never really got into. Recently someone posted a Mac Plus online emulator where you could play classics such as Lode runner and Im kinda hooked on it. Im working my way through completing every level which is only possible due to the option to select your starting level on the Mac version. Id like to play the Atari version but dont see a way to select a starting level.

Is there a version out there that allows this on the 8bit?

Im also curious is anyone back in the day completed all the levels start to finish in 1 sitting. Im not sure its possible with some of the 'luck' required on a few of them.

During play, you can press CTRL-R to end the game, then CTRL-E to access the level editor screen; from there, press P (for "Play") and then enter the three-digit number of the level you want to play. If you're playing the Atari XE cartridge version, you can also press SELECT at the title screen and then choose the starting level with the joystick.

• Like 2

Lode Runner was one of my favorite games and I completed every single level including the ones in Championship (way much harder). Except that I seem to remember one level that seemed broken and we couldn't play, but it might be "the version" I played then. But of course not in a single run.

Many level of Championship usually required cheating adding extra lives, they are very, very hard. Also, IIRC, one or two levels depend on luck, if the enemy guys appeared at the wrong place, it was impossible to complete.

Edited by ijor