IGNORED

D2K ARCADE SPECIAL EDITION ROM now available!

Hi all,

The D2K Special Edition ROM is now available. Here are the instructions for obtaining the ROM:

1. Send a $20 donation to cmjrd2k@gmail.com.

2. Send me an email to carljr17@hotmail.com letting me know you've made the donation. Also let me know what nickname or other you would like to appear in the in game credits (18 characters max).

3. I will reply with the ROM as an attachment. You'll of course get all materials, digitally (instructions, overlays, etc.) as well.

As usual, I ask you to not distribute the ROM. Your name will be encoded in the ROM, after all. If anyone attempts to hack the ROM the game will be distorted and unplayable. Just a fair warning. ;-)

Thanks again, Carl

• Like 2

What is the difference between this ROM and the previously-available D2K ROM?

The special edition has two new boards, making for a complete version of the arcade ROM hack Jumpman Returns. It also has the original "Intellivision" version, a new intro, and a new "how high can you get screen".
It also had the ability to save two high scores, but that has been removed for compatibility with emulators.

Carl, stop selling the Rom now or I will give it away for free to everyone. We have not broken even on costs yet even though you were paid and paid well.

This is not good relations Carl.

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 3

Don't Pay for the ROM. Carl made an agreement with us so we can sell the physical copies. He jumped the gun on ROM sales.

If he does not post in this thread that ROM sales has ended, then tonight the ROM will be posted for free.

Guys, please don't do that in public.

I have private messaged Tim, but so far have been ignored.
ROM "sales" will continue. Even if the ROM is posted, it won't work under emulators. In addition, if people don't support my work through donations, I will not likely be very motivated to continue with current projects..
I am working on two projects right now that should be very exciting to all Intellivision enthusiasts. I had several more planned for the future, as well. But without support, I will not realistically be able to continue.
Thanks to everyone for your understanding and past support. And peace!
Carl

The age old question:

Do ROM sales eat into physical boxed game sales?

Or.....

Do physical boxed game sales eat into ROM sales? :-)

(Speaking specifically of Intellivision fans/collectors)

I personally have every boxed released version of DK, D2K, etc. In addition to purchasing the ROMs. What about anyone else?

Edited by Rev

The age old question:

Do ROM sales eat into physical boxed game sales?

Or.....

Do physical boxed game sales eat into ROM sales? :-)

(Speaking specifically of Intellivision fans/collectors)

I personally have every boxed released version of DK, D2K, etc. In addition to purchasing the ROMs. What about anyone else?

I would encourage everyone who has bought the ROM to state the reasons for doing so. (Because you only play games under emulation; you've bought the physical copy but also would like to play the game under emulation: you have a flash cart and never buy complete-in-box anyway, etc.)
This might help to convince Tim that ROM sales are not going to eat into his complete-in-box sales in any way, especially after a year of exclusive complete in box sales only.

I will only share my own personal experience in selling games. I know ZERO about anyone else's behind the scenes selling/publishing.

After about a month to 6 weeks of selling a new release, sales of said game are maybe 1 or 2 a month....if that. That's including ebay sales. In my own experience, once the initial sales rush is over, its very slow going. That is all.

• Like 1

I would encourage everyone who has bought the ROM to state the reasons for doing so. (Because you only play games under emulation; you've bought the physical copy but also would like to play the game under emulation: you have a flash cart and never buy complete-in-box anyway, etc.)

This might help to convince Tim that ROM sales are not going to eat into his complete-in-box sales in any way, especially after a year of exclusive complete in box sales only.

I bought multiple CIB for all versions and I'd like the ROM for playing as well as to support you.

I can only give an outsiders perspective.

In the case of D2K SE, $100 for 2 levels. :(

If it was offered as an upgrade some how? That may have increased demand.

I get what you were trying to do, I just cannot personally justify the $ for 2 levels.

Maybe send cart in for $30 and get the Upgrade and Signed ROM or something like that?

I am not in marketing....

I would really like to see ROM included with cart sales, at least as an option.

I have picked up the last 3 Cart Boards and Rom's from David H. This works well for me.

I can play the roms anytime. I can collect or play on real iron too. Plus I have the rom in hand while I wait for the cart to be delivered.

Again, 1 persons opinion is most likely not representative of the "Market".

Also, I am a big fan of your work Carl. But I would rather see you just ask for donations or do the dreaded per-release sale.

Most people trust you to deliver. Though I don't like what I have read here today.

I know things are tough, but a "partner" made an investment in you and the community and he deserves a chance to re-coop.

I am guessing that you had some time frame, But he has or had a combo deal going.

It was the first time I considered D2K SE, But I already have D2K and TLCOKroz.

• Like 1