IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Seems to me at the very least, Ben Heck should be sending River West Brands a bill for "Services rendered: graphic design - re-creation of a corporate logo." With appropriate late fees for use of said work without due compensation.

My guess is that someone out there might be taking a look at the size of the bill....

• Like 2

Here's my chance to react before this thread closes again.

Friends,

This drama caused a rollercoaster of emotions for me. At first, I felt terrible that an amazing fan page was in trouble partially because my video games for adults were mentioned. And then, I felt better with your nice words.

This thread is warning us that: WE are being used, abused, and this has to stop.

It's great to see the massive positive feedback and support from everyone, homebrewers and retro gaming fans together, stronger than ever.

And, like a cherry on top, I've received messages from people interested to know more about my work and programming new games.

It's fun to explore as if the video game crash never happened, and I wish our hobby continue for a long time.

I hope to see you in a convention or gaming expo. At the moment I'm writing this message, you can find me at the ADAMCon 29, July 20-24, 2017; it will be a pleasure to sign boxes and carts of my games.

I will take the "don't be fooled" advice and move on with my life and my passion.

I wish nice summer vacations to Robb and his family, and to all my friends! :waving:

Thanks to AtariAge, Albert, for letting us say the last words and not deleting any of this.

Best regards,

Daniel Bienvenu aka NewColeco

Twitter: @DanielBienvenu

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 19

Or how about this, the week before that other expo:

http://classicgamefest.com/

At least you know that there will be actual retro gaming in there, not crochet gnomes...

And there's the Game on Expo (Phoenix, AZ) a week after

CollectorVision will have a booth there, I'll be present among other CollectorVision dudes

Come and say hi!

https://gameonexpoaz.com/

• Like 3

For those who were planning to attending that other expo, may I suggest this:

http://retroworldexpo.com/

I know I will be there, and it is Connecticut, home of the original Coleco. :thumbsup:

Dude I saw "Connecticut" and was like Yes!, finally a retro gaming convention near me! Awesome!

...and then I google mapped it and its like 2 hours away... :(

• Like 2

Dude I saw "Connecticut" and was like Yes!, finally a retro gaming convention near me! Awesome!

...and then I google mapped it and its like 2 hours away... :(

I am in talk with them to see if we can make that the fan official ColecoVision 35th anniversary convention.

• Like 2

As Robb doesn't need any defending as the majority of people are on his side, and believe Chris 'delusional' Cardillo is a troll

I cannot put into words how much I appreciate that comment. Honestly, I was starting to wonder because some of the comments I saw posted were starting to pick things apart and it made me think that perhaps I was being too trusting with my explanations and all of a sudden "everything you say will be used against you" was starting to ring true.

I can only say so much how I feel I was treated unfairly in this whole scenario and those takedown claims and the following email exchange with Cardillo & Coleco completely blindsided me. And I was not going to tolerate that. When I started reading comments that blurred the lines of who people were actually supporting in this scenario, that made me want to take a step back, end this drama and go back to the reasons why I got into retrogaming in the first place.

I do this hobby for fun and my own personal enjoyment. It is my escape from my "day job." I operate the fan page for the same reason. I spend my own money on it and I don't ask for anything in return from anyone other than I hope they have as good of a time viewing our social media channels as I do creating content for them. But this entire scenario has made the hobby less fun for me, and that is not what I want.

While I am still not going to tolerate Chris Cardillo being a terrible human that refuses to admit to his mistakes and set things right, I also can see the reality of the situation is that Chris Cardillo is a terrible human that refuses to admit his mistakes and set things right. And nothing anyone here can do will change that. Best we can offer is that we spread the word out to enough people that absolutely no one supports them and it renders their brand completely worthless. But at the same time, I need to get back to why I got into retrogaming in the first place... fun.

Again, I appreciate the support. I cannot put into words how much it means to me. Thank you.

• Like 17

Why are you still here? Rest and enjoy what's left of your vacation! ;-)

I work in social media. That means I'm on 24/7 sometimes literally. But don't worry, while the family is sleeping after a great day, I'll find some time to post a few things. So far we've been having a lot of fun! In case you were wondering, this is what we've been doing in the middle of all this drama...

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7677.JPG

IMG_7705.JPG

IMG_7728.JPG

IMG_7764.JPG

IMG_7780.JPG

IMG_7806.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

IMG_7831.JPG

IMG_7843.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

IMG_7878.JPG

IMG_7945.JPG

IMG_7973.JPG

IMG_7987.JPG

IMG_8019.JPG

IMG_8170.JPG

IMG_8183.JPG

IMG_8200.JPG

IMG_8306.JPG

IMG_8308.JPG

IMG_8322.JPG

IMG_8366.JPG

IMG_8373.JPG

IMG_8386.JPG

IMG_8395.JPG

IMG_8414.JPG

IMG_8415.JPG

IMG_8419.JPG

IMG_8421.JPG

IMG_8463.JPG

IMG_8464.JPG

IMG_8475.JPG

IMG_8483.JPG

IMG_8497.JPG

IMG_8503.JPG

IMG_8528.JPG

IMG_8457.JPG

• Like 26

I work in social media. That means I'm on 24/7 sometimes literally. But don't worry, while the family is sleeping after a great day, I'll find some time to post a few things. So far we've been having a lot of fun! In case you were wondering, this is what we've been doing in the middle of all this drama...

Supercool to see you soaking up so much culture. As a guy with a Humanities major seeing all that art and theater makes me jealous. The arcades, pizza, and Nintendo store are also things I hope to check out in New York one day. Enjoy and glad to see all the smiling faces in your photos!

• Like 2

So glad you're having a great time in NY! The Italian in me probably wouldn't go to half as many places simply because I'd probably stop at every pizza place along the way. :D

Please don't be down on yourself and misinterpret anything others say. The simple fact is that some people don't see the big picture at all. What is more evident is that Cardillo is in the wrong - no matter how much he refuses to admit it - because the sheer fact that this topic exists at all proves it! Prior to the attack on the fan page, I never heard of Cardillo and thus was not angry at him. How could I be angry at somebody I never knew existed yet? He was a nobody from nowhere. He's still a nobody, but an ass of a nobody now.

No matter what happens from this point forward, you've won. The word is out on their shady actions and THOUSANDS of people now know the truth. We can only hope many more learn the truth and have the courage to stand up for what's right by simply refusing to ever let a penny of their money go to these people.

• Like 3

You should chase up the Doctor Who episode, "Vincent and the Doctor" ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591786/

Saw a Doctor Who marathon about a month or two ago on BBC. Quickly fell in love with the show, then haven't seen it since. Probably a good thing, because I wouldn't want to be glued to the TV all the time.