IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Let's do a little update on how Coleco has been doing on social media...

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 16.20.52.png

Wow! So did Coleco's Facebook page really only get an average of 5.75 engagements per post last week!??! This makes me ask a few questions...

1. How is anyone THAT BAD at social media??? Seriously, that is beyond embarrassing!

2. Instead of making those trademark claims on our page, wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to try to build a relationship with our page for even the minimal amount of support to what they are doing? Because even when people were talking negatively about them, they had better engagement! lol

3. It really does make me wonder if Cardillo was trying to attack and get our page shut down out of "jealousy" or at least wanted to get rid of any competition (even though we aren't actually competition since all our page does is support the Coleco brand.)

Since we know they are crap at Facebook, let's take a look at their Twitter, shall we? Here's their most recent original content posted to Twitter:

coleco sucks at twitter 1.jpg

coleco sucks at twitter 2.jpg

So the most amount of engagement they've had recently is a post about Fruit Stripe Gum!??! WTF is this crap???

All of this makes zero sense, and my mistake is probably trying to apply some sort of logic when Cardillo is involved, but if you are not good at doing social media, wouldn't you want to try to work with someone who is? But instead he did exactly the opposite.

Oh, and it looks like they already gave up on the fake Facebook fan page as they haven't posted anything in like 5 days now...

(EDIT: Oops, those top two tweets weren't their original content, but still, you get the idea...they suck at social media!) ;)

• Like 9

look at the press page on their website, they still have those articles up about the Chameleon. I figured they'd be embarrassed by that and take them down. But I guess not since they joked about it on the tweet about E3 and running out of tape, I guess that was what that was about?

• Like 4

based on everything thus far, i would have to go with option #3 personally. werent they at 6.2k prior to this..whatever you wanna call it now, kerfuffle, attack, overstepping of boundaries, whatever? i dunno how often fb would update their optics, but yeah...if i still had any kind of ANYTHING up about the chameleon and was too...whatever word you wanna use, kerfuffled to take that shit down and realize its sending a bad message on top of all the other bad messages, then i suppose they're not even concerned anymore about how their brand is seen?

• Like 2

It's sad that Coleco Chris had to pull the stunt he did because its literally almost ruined my passion for the Colelcovision and collecting in general.

However I reflected and know that this BS will pass and things will resume regardless of what that dipshit does. We have new hardware coming out from Collectorvision and OpCode so soon this is all going to be a mute situation. It's too bad that Coleco Chris really is too stupid and egotistical to apologize for the crap he pulled with Robb. But then again looking at his resume, are we really surprised at all of his antics?

• Like 3

based on everything thus far, i would have to go with option #3 personally. werent they at 6.2k prior to this..whatever you wanna call it now, kerfuffle, attack, overstepping of boundaries, whatever? i dunno how often fb would update their optics, but yeah...if i still had any kind of ANYTHING up about the chameleon and was too...whatever word you wanna use, kerfuffled to take that shit down and realize its sending a bad message on top of all the other bad messages, then i suppose they're not even concerned anymore about how their brand is seen?

Any publicity is good publicity.

NOT!

• Like 3

Holy cow, I NEED some of that tape; I'm on my way to the Appliance Repair Shop for some Scotch Brand #33 Plastic Electrical Tape to fix all my sparking, exploding TVs so my gal will watch with me on uncomfortable chairs in fancy clothes...

But wouldn't that tape unravel after a few years???

I just don't even know what to say about their new website: http://coleco.com/now/

It's just so bad on so many levels.

But you know what? I'm going to stop focusing on this crap and focus on the system I love, the classic ColecoVision, and pay attention to the people that are worth my time, the homebrew and retrogaming community.

I know for me personally I will not be buying Rainbow Brite, Robotech Toys, and I'll buy CollectorVision's games from CollectorVision, and that's exactly what we will continue to feature on our socials, and feature them LOUDLY!

• Like 6

Well this statement is interesting from their new site. Are they getting an exclusive deal with Sydney Hunter? What else could it be?

• WE NOW HAVE LICENSES WITH RAINBOW BRITE, ROBOTECH AND SOON SYDNEY HUNTERR

Let me guess - They are going to shove it into a mini arcade. Didn't JF say they were doing an NES version and I would guess that their mini arcade is going to some some sort of NES emulator. I really hope CollectorVision gets their money up front! ;)

• Like 1

I just don't even know what to say about their new website: http://coleco.com/now/

It's just so bad on so many levels.

Actually, I think it's slightly less awful than it was the last time I saw i...

Wait.... what... is... that...?

:lol: :rolling: :lolblue:

Oh man! Cardillyo's pic is "teh awesome!"

post-2641-0-00907700-1497916110.jpg

Flashin' the CV gangsta sign. You go with your bad self, and such.

Hmmm... "Rainbow Brite has begun moving down the ColecoVision pipleline."

Wonder which pipeline that might be? :ponder:

• Like 5

What a glowing review! lol :grin:

Their page is deceptive, making it look like they have "Products"

Click on the Buy Now buttons for The Flashback (not the ColecoVision Flashback because apparently the Intellivision and Atari versions don't exist) and the book that is not their book , they are simply Amazon links that have referrer tags on them so they will make money off of something that isn't theirs...

• Like 3

Their page is deceptive, making it look like they have "Products"

Click on the Buy Now buttons for The Flashback (not the ColecoVision Flashback because apparently the Intellivision and Atari versions don't exist) and the book that is not their book , they are simply Amazon links that have referrer tags on them so they will make money off of something that isn't theirs...

I'm surprised they don't have a link to a picture of Ben Heck's "officially licensed" Coleco portable. (Not available at this time)

1136185006ColecoPortable.jpg

• Like 4