IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

They did say it's cartridge based but the same problems arises with those systems. Other than probably grown woman in their 40's that collect retro, what young female child today has access to a NES or even a SNES in the house?

A very valid point, but keep in mind that there are Retron/Hyperkin consoles that play those old cartridges. I don't know how many people have those, but they are available on the net.

Arcade minis are awesome nostalgia but would anybody really seriously want to play a game on one of those tiny things? My 45 year old eyes can barely handle my iPhone these days :)

Believe the bigger issue is that its a adventure game and that runs counter to a minis play-style which is playing for around 10-20 mins

Also I believe they had to be minis do to Hallmark

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Believe the bigger issue is that its a adventure game and that runs counter to a minis play-style which is playing for around 10-20 mins

Also I believe they had to be minis do to Hallmark

Now that you mention that, did any of the arcade minis back in the day have scrolling capabilities? I imagine this game will be a grid-based game like Super Metroid or The Guardian Legend, so I have a hard time picturing it being an arcade mini game.

A very valid point, but keep in mind that there are Retron/Hyperkin consoles that play those old cartridges. I don't know how many people have those, but they are available on the net.

Even then, 90 - 99% of people that even know what a Retron is are heavily involved in the retro collecting community. For this to even work you would have to market to people outside the retro community and that's where you might find the majority of people not know these devices even exist ... I guess I just can't see how this can succeed :) Damn your eyes Corrillo, I'm spending to much of my time trying to fathom all this crap :)

Even then, 90 - 99% of people that even know what a Retron is are heavily involved in the retro collecting community. For this to even work you would have to market to people outside the retro community and that's where you might find the majority of people not know these devices even exist ... I guess I just can't see how this can succeed :) Damn your eyes Corrillo, I'm spending to much of my time trying to fathom all this crap :)

Don't even bother trying to understand how he "thinks" or "markets". I'm sure there are some people with fond memories of the Rainbow Brite cartoon as little girls, but I'm in 100% agreement with you and others that Cardillo thinking getting this license is "Huge" news is laughable.

• Like 4

Don't even bother trying to understand how he "thinks" or "markets". I'm sure there are some people with fond memories of the Rainbow Brite cartoon as little girls, but I'm in 100% agreement with you and others that Cardillo thinking getting this license is "Huge" news is laughable.

Believe the issue was that Hallmark is trying to re brand Rainbow Brite and it been a total failure and probably gave the license to Chris to design and sell a product to sell at Hallmark Store

This could go bad for both PAC and Coleco/RWB if it doesn't sell well

Colecovision The game is designed to play on a 'Coleco Mini Arcade' . However, the game will be made available online as well.
Edited by enoofu
  • Like 2

Now that you mention that, did any of the arcade minis back in the day have scrolling capabilities? I imagine this game will be a grid-based game like Super Metroid or The Guardian Legend, so I have a hard time picturing it being an arcade mini game.

Sort-of. Defender, Scramble, possibly others. I don't think any of Coleco's did.

Wondering if he's going to use his own "music" for the game? This ain't yo' momma's Rainbow Brite, yo'.

• Like 5

I have one...and three real NES...but I still won't buy a Rainbow Brite game (even if Coleco didn't have their greasy fingerprints all over it).

• Like 1

It will probably sell better then 'The Complete Guide to Collecting Nintendo Entertainment System (Nes) Video Games', by Chris Cardillo

Which I believe is the reason he is so confused on the Video Gaming Industry

61HfZlfng9L._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The book provideds photographs of the boxes in which the games were packaged

61VypgUmVdL.jpg

Top Customer Reviews
ByHorsehead Manon May 10, 2016
Verified Purchase
I have absolutely no idea how this "book" could be called a complete guide to collecting NES games. There is absolutely ZERO information about collecting anything of any kind in this gathering of paper that would be better off wiping myself with. It is simply tiny pictures of the covers of box art for some NES games, not even all games are included, along with some weird ads for garbage music probably by this cheeseburger author and his egghead friends. Avoid at all cost unless you want to irritate your skin with this terrible paper, which I don't recommend.

Source https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Collecting-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/dp/0974582735/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1497982336&sr=8-21&keywords=cardillo+publishing

• Like 4

It will probably sell better then 'The Complete Guide to Collecting Nintendo Entertainment System (Nes) Video Games', by Chris Cardillo

61VypgUmVdL.jpg

Source https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Collecting-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/dp/0974582735/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1497982336&sr=8-21&keywords=cardillo+publishing

Can't wait to see his next book... perhaps the Sega Master System! :lolblue:

61VypgUmVdL.jpg

Screen grab of the one review, because I think the user-provided image adds something to the conversation

post-2410-0-80304700-1497984413_thumb.png

• Like 11

LOL Wow That's a brutally honest review, but I get it. Why released something called a complete collectors guide, but then release a book that just shows box fronts, and of not even ALL the games available? I'm not wanting to kick a guy when he's down, but I noticed something else odd. Out of curiosity I clicked on the author's name to see what other books he made. One was a GI Joe Collectors guide. A a glance it looked like it was basically the same thing. A bunch of little picture of GI Joe figures which is fine. The book doesn't say anything about being complete, and it's not at all, but it did have a decent overall review from the 14 people who reviewed it. Looking closer though about a half dozen 5 star reviews came in at the same time, and the book is the ONLY product those people ever reviewed on Amazon. Now I'm not accusing anyone of making fake 5 star reviews, I guess it's possible these people were so passionate about this book they were moved to review it, but I dunno. That would be pretty crappy to release a shitty, half assed product but then try to dupe people into thinking it was something GREAT so you could get their $$$. In my opinion more than half of the 5 star reviews seem dubious.

I do feel some of the reviews are honest....

One Star : "Don't buy it and here is why. All of the illustrations are tiny. I don't mean small, I mean tiny. It is difficult to even make out the faces of the figures. Secondly, the printing is terrible. It looks like it was printed on regular white, not glossy, paper with an old inkjet desktop printer with the heads out of alignment."

One Star : "This is a not 118 pages. This is 24 pages. This is not worth $30. Even inside, there is a order form to order it for $10."

By contrast some of the 5-star reviews.....

"I just received my book about a week ago...Stunning !!!!" "This arthor is a genius" "This book is worth so much more then $30 to me."
  • Like 4

And this "wonderfully" written and edited blurb on the product page sums it up nicely:

If you are looking for a collectors guide for the Nintendo entertainment system video games, you have found the right book. This book features over 750 of the games used for the Nintendo entertainment system. The book provideds photographs of the boxes in which the games were packaged. This book can be used for 1. A resource guide for those who want to create a checklist for collecting all of the Nintendo games that they remember playing as a child. 2. This book makes a great coffee table book and would be a great conversation starter for your guests. 3. A great gift for that 80s baby. 4. A great way to reminisce about the games you played as a child. We have attempted to collect the entire line of the games along with some variations We have attempted to include games that may have been popular, but not necessarily released by the Nintendo. We hope that you enjoy.

• Like 1

• "Earn" A's with no effort
  • Write "books" with no effort
  • Take credit for others' works with no effort
  • Vicariously attach yourself to a company's history with no effort
  • Make shitty "music" with no effort
  • Make an ass out of yourself with no effort

Pretty sad that the only thing he put forth any effort into was digging a bigger hole for himself and RWB, thus making an even bigger ass of himself (which he did just fine with less effort to start with). This obvious pattern of behavior shouldn't surprise anybody when they see sub-par quality in anything with his name attached.

• Like 1

And yet ... we're paying a lot of attention to him. Imagine what would happen if he were to put in a little effort?

Believe the issue is that the community knows that some of its members are working on projects with Coleco/RWB and its sounds like Chris is going out of his way to tank those projects

Quite a few of them are on commissions or bought fully the product to sell

But Chris's brand team is basically random employees that are still probably working full time at Castle Windows and probably don't know anything about Toy or video gaming selling

Chris's deal with Harmony Gold which is blocking Macross games and Toys , plus some Transformers and some Mechwarrior/Battletech toys and games to the US and Europe Market

Plus the added fact the toy looks like crap which will anger Robotech fans, also the motorcycle is basically a transformer in the Genesis Climber MOSPEADA universe which doesn't look like its transforms in this toy form

cyclonesample1.jpg

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

The obvious fact to me is that Chris knows the ColecoExpo is going to be a huge bomb evidenced by only 4 or 5 booths reserved at the time that particular webpage was still available. Also, I would assume he has a hold on ticket sales figures and this is driving his frantic madness even further which lead to his unfounded attack on the "ColecoVision Fan" Facebook page.

It's sad that the Coleco and ColecoVision names have supposedly fallen under the control of this person and RWB... or whatever other company that they fall under now.

Seems Mark T. has struck out again (marijuana was not legalized in Illinois... see previous info about Mark's business failure) in placing Chris C. Into this position that he holds.

I don't wish bad onto other people, but with them seemingly having destroyed the Coleco name.....

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 3

Plus the added fact the toy looks like crap which will anger Robotech fans, also the motorcycle is basically a transformer in the Genesis Climber MOSPEADA universe which doesn't look like its transforms in this toy form

cyclonesample1.jpg

Am I crazy or isn't this just the same toy that was released by Matchbox many years ago? I'm pretty sure that it is.

Edit: Yup. http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1985/armoured_cyclone

I don't even think these are his photos.

• Like 5

• "Earn" A's with no effort
  • Write "books" with no effort
  • Take credit for others' works with no effort
  • Vicariously attach yourself to a company's history with no effort
  • Make shitty "music" with no effort
  • Make an ass out of yourself with no effort

Pretty sad that the only thing he put forth any effort into was digging a bigger hole for himself and RWB, thus making an even bigger ass of himself (which he did just fine with less effort to start with). This obvious pattern of behavior shouldn't surprise anybody when they see sub-par quality in anything with his name attached.

You left out distribute counterfeit bootleg G.I. Joe figures by calling them custom figures with no effort.

• Like 2

LOL Wow That's a brutally honest review, but I get it. Why released something called a complete collectors guide, but then release a book that just shows box fronts, and of not even ALL the games available? I'm not wanting to kick a guy when he's down, but I noticed something else odd. Out of curiosity I clicked on the author's name to see what other books he made. One was a GI Joe Collectors guide. A a glance it looked like it was basically the same thing. A bunch of little picture of GI Joe figures which is fine. The book doesn't say anything about being complete, and it's not at all, but it did have a decent overall review from the 14 people who reviewed it. Looking closer though about a half dozen 5 star reviews came in at the same time, and the book is the ONLY product those people ever reviewed on Amazon. Now I'm not accusing anyone of making fake 5 star reviews, I guess it's possible these people were so passionate about this book they were moved to review it, but I dunno. That would be pretty crappy to release a shitty, half assed product but then try to dupe people into thinking it was something GREAT so you could get their $$$. In my opinion more than half of the 5 star reviews seem dubious.

I do feel some of the reviews are honest....

One Star : "Don't buy it and here is why. All of the illustrations are tiny. I don't mean small, I mean tiny. It is difficult to even make out the faces of the figures. Secondly, the printing is terrible. It looks like it was printed on regular white, not glossy, paper with an old inkjet desktop printer with the heads out of alignment."

One Star : "This is a not 118 pages. This is 24 pages. This is not worth $30. Even inside, there is a order form to order it for $10."

By contrast some of the 5-star reviews.....

"I just received my book about a week ago...Stunning !!!!" "This arthor is a genius" "This book is worth so much more then $30 to me."

Looks like Cardillo Publishing just re-published some existing GIJoe collecting books in a single volume.

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=68443&p=425264&viewfull=1#post425264