Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

2355 replies to this topic

#2351 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,332 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Yesterday, 7:43 AM

It was all free promotional material before.  And now that's gone.  Good job, Chris.  Way to know how to guerilla market yourself. You DID graduate with bachelor's in marketing, right?

Maybe having a degree and actually learning something are two different things. Maybe it's not such a good idea to "study less & earn A's without effort."

Then I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, Coleco! I looked, and behold, there was a white horse. The one riding on it had a bow, and a trademark was given to him. He went out as a conqueror so he might conquer.

As long as there are no boobies on the package! Those things are SCARY!

DHoNC44UwAAzQp5.jpg

#2352 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

As long as there are no boobies on the package! Those things are SCARY!

attachicon.gifDHoNC44UwAAzQp5.jpg

No, no, you mean CLEAVAGE!!!  Remember there weren't actual naked boobies on the package that grossly offended Chris Cardillo, it was CLEAVAGE!!!

dress 2.jpg

OH, THE HORROR!!!!  

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

#2353 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,332 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Ahh. Perhaps that explains his alter ego, "J. Fontaine," doesn't use the Cardillo family name. There's definitely some male gaze in those videos.

Maybe Coleco™ should embrace that idea and make some games under that label. It could be their "Deep Water" brand

Deep Water was a concept invented by Sega of America during the mid-1990s, used to identify video games intended for more mature audiences released on Sega platforms. It is part of Sega's long history of self regulation (which continues in Japan to this day), though was a label very rarely seen and is therefore not widely remembered (at least in comparison to the Videogame Rating Council).

Only the Sega Mega-CD game Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side and the Sega Saturn port of Duke Nukem 3D are known to have in-game Deep Water labeling, in which a small CGI clip showing someone being eaten by a shark off-screen is shown during the introduction sequence. A later revision of X-Perts was given a Deep Water sticker to cover up an erroneous claim about battery back-up saving, but does not allude to the label in-game.

Due to its lack of use, the Deep Water name is often mistaken for companies involved in the game's development. It may have been a way for Sega to distance themselves from possible controversy, or more than likely, poor planning on behalf of the company, as the ESRB system proved to be more than capable of identifying products intended for older audiences.

Or maybe that's why they're working so hard to convey that Coleco™ is a brand for kids and family? To soften up Cardillo's gangsta image? 

In any case, I'm loving those sunny sides up in a sun dress, you definitely made my day. 

#2354 Good_Times ONLINE  

Good_Times

Moonsweeper

• 481 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 AM

No, no, you mean CLEAVAGE!!!  Remember there weren't actual naked boobies on the package that grossly offended Chris Cardillo, it was CLEAVAGE!!!

attachicon.gifdress 2.jpg

OH, THE HORROR!!!!  

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

LOL! My wife thanks you for the paper doll dress/boob ghost composition. She nearly hit the floor.

#2355 enoofu ONLINE  

enoofu

Dragonstomper

• 817 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Is it me or are they dancing like they are in Asian Pop

Wang Rong Rollin, Chick Chick

#2356 enoofu ONLINE  

enoofu

Dragonstomper

• 817 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:38 PM

Tatsunoko v. Harmony Gold which finish arbitration in California a few months ago

Tatsunoko can terminate the Macross/Robotech license agreement with Harmony Gold on May 14 2021 including copyrights and trademarks

This would also affect Harmony Gold Agreement with Coleco which is planning a Robotech toy line

Edited by enoofu, Yesterday, 3:38 PM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users