IGNORED

2600 emulator questions

Power_Slider

First off I am pretty new to the idea of emulators, so any help would be great.

Can an Atari 2600 emulator be run on a Windows 10 os?

Can you use 2 USB 2600 style controllers and play head to head?

A popular 2600 emulator is "Stella" and Windows 10 64b and 32b is supported. https://stella-emu.github.io/downloads.html

You can use any USB game controller. For paddle games you might consider getting original Atari paddles and a compatible USB adapter.

I asked my father to buy a 2600daptor or stelladaptor but he said the owner of the site didn't respond to him and he wasn't able to find any on ebay.

Reviews of the USB 2600 joysticks are also not favourable at all so I'd just stick to the Flashback, keyboard, or some other controller. Or the real hardware.

I asked my father to buy a 2600daptor or stelladaptor but he said the owner of the site didn't respond to him and he wasn't able to find any on ebay.

Reviews of the USB 2600 joysticks are also not favourable at all so I'd just stick to the Flashback, keyboard, or some other controller. Or the real hardware.

I got an answer to a question the next day. Maybe they are backed up or on vacation. I know there is a stelladapter sight that seems basically dead called grandideastudio. Or it is just like a wiki site that doesn't actually sell anything. The e-mail to 2600-daptor seller is:

contact_2600daptor at yahoo dot com

or maybe your dad didn't see the underscore between contact and 2600, who knows. Could be lots of reasons, but they should be answering questions.

I would get the 2600daptor II, it is more universally compatible for $5 more, although the plain 2600-daptor may be fine for you as well.

Edited by Swami
  • Like 1

I got an answer to a question the next day. Maybe they are backed up or on vacation. I know there is a stelladapter sight that seems basically dead called grandideastudio. Or it is just like a wiki site that doesn't actually sell anything. The e-mail to 2600-daptor seller is:

contact_2600daptor at yahoo dot com

or maybe your dad didn't see the underscore between contact and 2600, who knows. Could be lots of reasons, but they should be answering questions.

I would get the 2600daptor II, it is more universally compatible for $5 more, although the plain 2600-daptor may be fine for you as well.

Hm... I'll see how it goes I guess.

Thanks.

I got both of mine off EBay, There are tons of USB joysticks and Stella works fine with the one I got. I also got a set of the original Atari paddles off EBay and the 2600dapter for paddles games. They guy who sells these is very nice and responded very quickly in both email and shipping.

Must not have gotten his email. Have been responding to all received.

Only responding to this just now as I only search the AA forums once a week for an related postings.

Tom

http://2600-daptor.com/