IGNORED

Closest thing to NES mini I'll get.

I think it's gonna be a shload of NES games, iffy controllers, paper thin plastic, wobbly connectors, no HDMI or save states, and will take six weeks to arrive from China.

I'd love to be proven wrong. Please write up your impressions when you receive it.

I would skip this and jump straight to the RetroPie, a known quantity that you can change to your liking.

• Like 1

Might be worth it if it can be hacked. Personally I think I prefer the actual console and multicarts if I'm going that route.. 500 games isn't alot.

Funny related items below though lol. Lipstick vibrator FTW!!!!!!

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

I think it's gonna be a shload of NES games, iffy controllers, paper thin plastic, wobbly connectors, no HDMI or save states, and will take six weeks to arrive from China.

I'd love to be proven wrong. Please write up your impressions when you receive it.

I would skip this and jump straight to the RetroPie, a known quantity that you can change to your liking.

Oh I never ordered it. I was just thinking about getting it just for the case, so I can pretend I was lucky enough to get an NES mini, lol.

Oh I never ordered it. I was just thinking about getting it just for the case, so I can pretend I was lucky enough to get an NES mini, lol.

Look at the other pictures. It says ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM in a raggedy off center candy cane typeface. Blech.

The NES looked like a cinderblock. Why not put your Pi into something more attractive? Nostalgia is for chumps.

I like the fact it has db-9 connectors. I think I might like I mentioned before get it some time and put a raspberry pi in it. I think I will try to set it far back on my entertainment center and lie to people who come over and tell them I have the NES mini.

Look at the other pictures. It says ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM in a raggedy off center candy cane typeface. Blech.

The NES looked like a cinderblock. Why not put your Pi into something more attractive? Nostalgia is for chumps.

It looks to me like that might be a sticker I can peel off.

EDIT:

And i could use something like this https://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-Printable-Clear-Sticker-Paper/dp/B00B9Q9QY0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_229_lp_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6CV9TZSJSCCCG0BHQNBZ

to print the right thing and put in its spot.

Edited by SignGuy81

why is everything else on that page a dildo?

Because if you waste the $40 on the system, you might as well take the other offering in the ass as it will be far less painful than a small box with pointy corners. That thing is junk. Just another poor output NOAC in a little mini NES wannabe knockoff frame using its own controller ports no less too so you can't even use original quality parts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. I'm still deciding if I'm going to waste money on the thing or not. I think it will be a fun project some time.

Because if you waste the $40 on the system, you might as well take the other offering in the ass as it will be far less painful than a small box with pointy corners. That thing is junk. Just another poor output NOAC in a little mini NES wannabe knockoff frame using its own controller ports no less too so you can't even use original quality parts.

You mean the same thing that the Nintendo did with there actual NES mini not allowing you to use original parts? I did leave out the word quality because the new controllers are good quality although they did change the ports, I'll give them that.

At least Nintendo used the high quality connectors from the Wiimotes.

Even if you got this case, you'd have to hack it up to make it work with a Pi.

I would consider a set of stickers like this for the officials Pi case instead. https://www.redbubble.com/people/choccyhobnob/works/24403736-nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-skin-for-the-official-case-get-the-medium-size?grid_pos=4&p=sticker&rbs=abaf3b84-2b92-4a11-bfcb-89f66d2293d5

• Like 1

At least Nintendo used the high quality connectors from the Wiimotes.

I would consider a set of stickers like this for the officials Pi case instead. https://www.redbubble.com/people/choccyhobnob/works/24403736-nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-skin-for-the-official-case-get-the-medium-size?grid_pos=4&p=sticker&rbs=abaf3b84-2b92-4a11-bfcb-89f66d2293d5

Ya think?

You should ask Riggs in the comments of his video, he would know if the sticker comes off.

Looks pretty awful in the video. I've had my fun with famiclones and prefer nice things nowadays.

I have the nice things. Just wanting a new toy to play with.

You mean the same thing that the Nintendo did with there actual NES mini not allowing you to use original parts? I did leave out the word quality because the new controllers are good quality although they did change the ports, I'll give them that.

Pretty much yeah. But as you said, at least they're quality. And also since it's a Wii jack, you can use other Wii plug in style controllers as well which was a bonus. There were other pro/not controllers for Wii, joysticks, etc and they'll all work on that universal jack so it's not like you had to go out and buy one of those ripoff scalper level prices on the 2nd controller when you could already have a good working Wii gamepad as is (or buy one really really cheap on the after market.)