66 replies to this topic

#51 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Facebook.com/Collectorvision

• Topic Starter
  • 7,395 posts
  • CollectorVision Games - Publishing Homebrew

Posted Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 PM

Those of you who are here since a long time, knows  we do have a very good relationship with the company we're doing buisness with for the cartridge shells

In fact, CollectorVision is providing cartridge shells for Opcode, Team Pixelboy since a couple of years now

Luc established the very good relationship we have with Sylvia at Moldex and we're very thankful for this

Sylvia is a fans of the Colecovision wich have helped us alot with being able to get low order amount

She is always willing to help us wich is a huge benefit for all of us

As you know, during the many years, we were able to provide brand new cartridge shells in various colors 

This is something we also want to do with our new system

We also want to provide you brand new replacement system shell available in various colors!

Attached Thumbnails

• blue white cases.png
  • casing_green.png

Edited by retroillucid, Wed May 31, 2017 7:29 PM.

#52 imstarryeyed OFFLINE  

imstarryeyed

Moonsweeper

• 268 posts

Posted Wed May 31, 2017 7:45 PM

Your system is starting to look really amazing!  I love the cart shell colors too!

Can MSX2 support be included or is it just too different of a beast to add?

I ask because some of the great games are on MSX2 and I think a lot of people would love to play the Metal Gear Series on the hardware.

It would also be an interesting difference between this system and the Opcode one that I think a lot of people may appreciate.

In any case thank you for all of your hard work, it looks great!

#53 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 24,788 posts
  • Meh

Posted Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:19 PM

The system will already support a PS/2 keyboard directly on the board.

So it will support ADAM software?  If so, this piques my interest even further.

EDIT: I mean including the various productivity software packages and programming languages.

Edited by Inky, Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:22 PM.

#54 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Tue Jun 6, 2017 5:57 PM

Wow! Looks like I'll be buying this and Prometheus!

#55 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 24,788 posts
  • Meh

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 AM

Is there an ETA on this?  

#56 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 692 posts

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 AM

The current fpga implementations of msx computers support msx2 and msx2+, so porting that code to this project should be doable provided that this system has enough cells

#57 Zonie OFFLINE  

Zonie

Stargunner

• 1,643 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:07 PM

I saw this today at Phoenix Game On Expo. It is real. It is operational. Pull the cart out and it plays what is on the SD card. Yeah. we need this. :thumbsup:

#58 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,609 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 PM

The current fpga implementations of msx computers support msx2 and msx2+, so porting that code to this project should be doable provided that this system has enough cells

In my opinion, supporting MSX2 and MSX2+ would be cool, but it only makes sense if Konami's SCC sound chip is also supported via the FPGA. Otherwise all the really desirable Konami games like Metal Gear, Parodius and Space Manbow will remain out of reach.

#59 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 692 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:36 PM

The scc chip is in the game cartridges.
Anyway it is already emulated as well in current msx fpgas

#60 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 692 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:51 AM

Question: will you provide connectors for sms, atari 2600 and msx cartridges?
I see only one connector on the prototype board.

Edited by artrag, Yesterday, 5:52 AM.

#61 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Moonsweeper

• 281 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:06 AM

The plan is to only have one cartridge slot for colecovision. The other systems will play games off of the sdcard.

I don't think we are planning to have compatibility for MSX2 due to the lack of RAM. I believe it needs at least 8MB of RAM and we are only planning on using a 4Mbit(512x8) SRAM on the board to keep the costs down.

#62 xybot67 OFFLINE  

xybot67

Chopper Commander

• 230 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Will the system come with controllers? If so, what kind? Also, is there an approximate release date? I am really getting anxious.  :-D​ 

#63 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Facebook.com/Collectorvision

• Topic Starter
  • 7,395 posts
  • CollectorVision Games - Publishing Homebrew

Posted Yesterday, 2:18 PM

Will the system come with controllers? If so, what kind? Also, is there an approximate release date? I am really getting anxious.  :-D​ 

It will not come with controller(s) 

Although, we're working on brand new controller

#64 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 692 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:36 PM

The plan is to only have one cartridge slot for colecovision. The other systems will play games off of the sdcard.

I don't think we are planning to have compatibility for MSX2 due to the lack of RAM. I believe it needs at least 8MB of RAM and we are only planning on using a 4Mbit(512x8) SRAM on the board to keep the costs down.

8MB of ram to do what exactly? MSX2 needs 128KB of VRAM and 64KB or 128KB of RAM 

#65 imstarryeyed OFFLINE  

imstarryeyed

Moonsweeper

• 268 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:27 PM

I don't think we are planning to have compatibility for MSX2 due to the lack of RAM. ...

I understand your position but for the record I would gladly pay more for MSX2 as those games are some of the best ones on the system. Many of the MSX 1 games have been ported over to Coleco already and I would imagine I may not be the only one willing to pay more as well.  In any case whatever your decision is I am going to support it and get one as I would love a stable Colecovision platform and would love to play the games, that cannot be put on carts, on a system.  Thank you for all of your great work and I am looking forward to seeing your system do its thing.

Edited by imstarryeyed, Yesterday, 5:59 PM.

#66 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 692 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

What about routing all the lines needed by all the platforms to a generic connector and provide separate slot adapters to be plugged in the common connector?

#67 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,237 posts

Posted Today, 4:23 AM

indeed a MSX 2 support would be great!   But if you do please support up to the MSX2+  dont stop to MSX2.     I think the Turbo R is not necessary and would be more complex to do.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users