Photo

CollectorVision Game System

80 replies to this topic

#76 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Moonsweeper

• 301 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:09 PM

I can't speak for Opcode's project other then he said (on FB) there would send out an update soon.

The Collectorvision Game system development is still on-going. New board is using BGA FPGA package which has added some time since the boards had to be shipped out to get assembled instead of being able to be hand assembled. I hope to have another update sometime around the middle to end of November.

#77 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Moonsweeper

• 383 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:24 PM

Most likely this product will be a 2018+ release at the earliest (just a educated guess). Even so it might be well worth the wait.

It would be awesome if this CollectorVision game system could some how have a 64 bit MAME emulator built in. There are several commercial arcade ROM images that have been released as Freeware software on the following website:

http://www.mame.net/roms/

Some other websites have free public domain rom's that can be legally downloaded also. However some websites have commercial arcade ROM images that still have valid copywrites in place. A 64 bit MAME emulator would be another awesome thing to have if the product is capable of doing this. If not then one can always use a Windows PC with the 64 bit MAME emulation.  

Edited by HDTV1080P, Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 PM.

#78 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Chopper Commander

• 101 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:42 PM

Thanks for the update.  It is much appreciated.  Definitely I look forward to seeing these two projects come to fruition as both sound like really good and amazing products.  However, much like with the Ataribox, I will still have to maintain my "wait and see" approach to both.  That being said, I am rooting for both as it would be nice for other retro products to be offered besides the usual NES, SNES, and 2600 fair.

I can't speak for Opcode's project other then he said (on FB) there would send out an update soon.

The Collectorvision Game system development is still on-going. New board is using BGA FPGA package which has added some time since the boards had to be shipped out to get assembled instead of being able to be hand assembled. I hope to have another update sometime around the middle to end of November.

#79 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Moonsweeper

• 301 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:54 PM

Unlike ataribox we can show our early prototype system working ;) (from GameOn Expo)

20170812_110501.jpg

This is also a FPGA system, so running a mame emulator is not likely. With this being an open source project, it shouldn't be hard for someone to port the arcade games that have been ported to other FPGA systems to our board.

Edited by Bmack36, Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 PM.

#80 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Chopper Commander

• 101 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:09 PM

LOL!  Shots fired, shots fired!  Definitely looking forward to seeing more updates in the coming weeks and months.  I wish you good luck and I am very much interested in what you all have to offer.

Unlike ataribox we can show our early prototype system working ;) (from GameOn Expo)

attachicon.gif20170812_110501.jpg

#81 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Moonsweeper

• 383 posts

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:28 PM

This is also a FPGA system, so running a mame emulator is not likely. With this being an open source project, it shouldn't be hard for someone to port the arcade games that have been ported to other FPGA systems to our board.

That’s fine if MAME arcade rom emulation does not become a reality. Being able to play ColecoVision games is the main reason people will purchase this product (for both cartridges and SD card media). The confirmed compatibility with MSX, Sega Master System, and ATARI 2600 over SD media using HDMI is a nice bonus. And maybe one day a firmware update will be issued to offer 8 bit videogame compatibility for other systems.  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users