IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Ants on the Jaguar.

RSS Bot

So I gave up on Stickman. It wasn't working anyway. So I decided to try to work on something different. I was up all night. I got so angry my eye hurt and proceeded to barf up everything I ate that evening. I went to sleep. I woke up. Worked on it more. But I eventually got it done. Now there's Ants on the Jaguar.

Most of the time was spent trying to make the word "Ants" and having one ant not be all distorted and having it look correct. That was where all the anger came from. Now all that's missing here is music. And making better-looking ant sprites. I admit it: I stole them. I went in Google images and typed in "ant crawling animated gif." But only as a test. I want to replace them since they don't look very good. And they're too big. But they wander around the screen randomly. That's what the title screen is: Just the ants wandering around the title screen aimlessly, like ants do. Only I want music for the title screen. Something threatening and spooky-sounding classical music-type stuff, like "Night on Bald Mountain" or "In the Hall of the Mountain King" or something. It would probably be a normal break from the average Jaguar techno music all these homebrewers tend to put in their games.
So what will the game be of? There will be ants on the kitchen counter and a giant finger will come and try to squish them. You control the giant finger. And there will be bees flying around eventually to avoid.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-16116300-1495847977.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13920-ants-on-the-jaguar/