IGNORED

AtariX - Simple IDE

IuriNery

AtariX

Hello everyone, my name is Iuri Nery, and a few days ago I started reading some tutorials at RandomTerrain to learn more about Atari programming, and so far I’m finding everything fascinating. I’m right now at number #16 of Andrew Davie’s tutorial (Atari 2600 Programming for Newbies). I’m learning a lot from it, and to learn faster, I needed to built something to help me testing the sample projects, that’s why I made this IDE.

7loBO3B.jpg

AtariX is a very simple IDE, but has a couple of features that can help novice users to get into Assembly programming:

· Save/Load assembly files (.asm/.s);

· Build binary files by pressing the “Export” button;

· Test your games with 1 click;

· Colored syntax for comments, assembly instructions, numbers, binary numbers and also for the labels from “vcs.h” (like COLUPF);

Files included:

· “vcs.h” and “macro.h” (unmodified);

· DASM Assembler;

· z26 Emulator;

· AtariX executable;

How to use:

1. Open the assembly file you want to test;

2. Put all the included files in the “include” folder;

3. Click on the “Play” button (you can also press F5);

Credits:

; AtariX
; ------
; Copyright © 2017 by Iuri Nery

; DASM Assembler
; --------------
; Copyright © 1988-2002 by Matthew Dillon
; Copyright © 1995 by Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
; Copyright © 2003-2008 by Andrew Davie
; Copyright © 2008 by Peter H. Froehlich

; z26 Emulator
; ------------
; Copyright © 1997-2004 by John Saeger

This is not an advanced IDE or anything like that, just wanted to share it with you guys, I hope it can help someone.

ps: I’m not an experienced programmer, so any tips are apreciated, also I don’t know if this is the correct session to post this kind of stuff.

Thanks!

AtariX_v01.zip

• Like 5

Looks good!

How are you displaying your binary numbers? I'm using jEdit and have it configured so binary numbers display in such a way that the graphic data is very obvious (see below).

I've written a tutorial that takes you through writing a 2K game. You may find it useful as well.

post-3056-0-76817900-1412127683.png

Looks good!

How are you displaying your binary numbers? I'm using jEdit and have it configured so binary numbers display in such a way that the graphic data is very obvious (see below).

I've written a tutorial that takes you through writing a 2K game. You may find it useful as well.

Thanks!

I haven't heard about jEdit before, seems like a very good program with lots of features, I will definitely check it out!

The binary numbers on AtariX are displayed in a very simple way:

N9Guc2K.jpg

I haven't though too much deep about it (because I'm still learning and I don't know what ".byte" means haha). But the idea of highlighting the 1's is something I will definitely add, as you said, it helps a lot visualizing the data.

I also fav your tutorials, I will read it after I finish Andrew's tutorials.

Thanks for the suggestion =)

• Like 1