IGNORED

Pair of modded Atari 7800 Proline controllers for sale

AtariBrian

Bump

You didn't answer my question. :(

Do these have new internals or just the ball mod? :?

For this price, they should have the Best Electronics internals at least. I can do the ball mod for about $12 per controller, so I don't understand what makes these so valuable.

You didn't answer my question. :(

Do these have new internals or just the ball mod? :?

For this price, they should have the Best Electronics internals at least. I can do the ball mod for about $12 per controller, so I don't understand what makes these so valuable.

Please dont ask me idiotic questions on my thread . The controllers were 15 shipped a piece and one of them the directionals did not work when going to the left which is usually the case with these old controllers and their directional issues . So I had to buy a board from Best for 3.50 plus shipping and insurance . So basically for two controllers to fully work I paid 37 but probably 40 . Now ... I am doing the ball knobs which last time I checked the ball knobs are not free either , look them up . And , I am paying priority shipping anywhere in the U.S. for anywhere from 7 to 10 dollars . So now I am at somewhere over 50 dollars before I even mod them . Thanks and I will be sure to check out your threads ..

Please dont ask me idiotic questions on my thread ...Now ... I am doing the ball knobs which last time I checked the ball knobs are not free either... Thanks and I will be sure to check out your threads ..

OK, so I asked an idiotic question? You don't think people who are interested in buying these will want to know something about them other than you shortened the stick and added a ball? The way you should have handled my original question was, " I have refurbished these controllers and tested them." That would have been a suitable answer and would have satisfied my curiosity, without you being rude. Honestly, I don't see why you had to be so defensive and agitated. I'm sorry you didn't feel that my question originally deserved a reply. I sell controllers myself and I answer the same type of questions all the time without getting upset. I apologize for goading you into replying by saying,

"For this price, they should have the Best Electronics internals at least,etc." I admit that was rude of me, but I figured it might get a reply, since just asking didn't.. Now, about checking out my threads, feel free to do so. I have no problem answering "idiotic" questions at any time, since the only way to find answers, is to ask questions. :)

P.S. I know where you got the ball tops from. ;)

OK, so I asked an idiotic question? You don't think people who are interested in buying these will want to know something about them other than you shortened the stick and added a ball? The way you should have handled my original question was, " I have refurbished these controllers and tested them." That would have been a suitable answer and would have satisfied my curiosity, without you being rude. Honestly, I don't see why you had to be so defensive and agitated. I'm sorry you didn't feel that my question originally deserved a reply. I sell controllers myself and I answer the same type of questions all the time without getting upset. I apologize for goading you into replying by saying,

"For this price, they should have the Best Electronics internals at least,etc." I admit that was rude of me, but I figured it might get a reply, since just asking didn't.. Now, about checking out my threads, feel free to do so. I have no problem answering "idiotic" questions at any time, since the only way to find answers, is to ask questions. :)

P.S. I know where you got the ball tops from. ;)

Thanks again and now we can go back and fourth . I knew you weren't " people who are interested in buying these " as I already knew why you were asking me that as you were baiting me somehow so you could use that spiel . P.S. why would I care if you know where to get the ball knobs from since you can get them from many places ... you don't use them anyways ;) Your turn ..

Thanks again and now we can go back and fourth . I knew you weren't " people who are interested in buying these " as I already knew why you were asking me that as you were baiting me somehow so you could use that spiel . P.S. why would I care if you know where to get the ball knobs from since you can get them from many places ... you don't use them anyways ;) Your turn ..

Actually, I was, possibly interested in these. if you had answered, "Yes, they have the Best Electronics Gold PCBs", I would have snatched them up, because they would have been too good to pass up!. :-D I hope we're all good now. I'm not knocking your work or your price, now that I know what repairs were made and everything. I hope these sell, they are worth your asking price. Nevermind about the ball tops. :)

How is this any better? It's still a painline controller, over priced too.

The "better" part is the shorten staff which means less torque when moving in directions. This is particularly valuable for a game with constant moving directions (I.E. Ms. Pac-Man moving quickly around the maze). Executing moves will happen with less effort. The lessened throw of the joystick could possibly result in more accuracy and less mistakes when trying to hit a specific direction as well. The ball top is arguably more comfortable and likely more familiar feeling for those accustomed to Arcade machines with a similar joystick top.

What won't be any better is if a person experiences cramping in the hand that holds the base of the joystick and presses the buttons; obviously, as button layout and base design has not changed, so neither will any cramping experienced in respects to it; especially, when needing to press the fire buttons continuously.

I'm talking from experience and not just theory, having a brand new pair of controllers modified by Yurkie about 5 years ago, when the service was offered.

As for price - that's relative and often subjective. For example, there are those willing to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on one game, and there are others that refuse to pay more than $20-$30 for any game.