IGNORED

Jay Miner Autographed Ultracard!

robcatron

Greetings all,

A long time Atari ST user, last year I was lucky enough to purchase a well maintained and cared for Amiga 500 system (expansions, all boxes, etc). Love it! A lot different from GEM but I love it nonetheless. Since I have the Ambury RGB to VGA converter for my STe, I need to pick up a VGA cable for my new baby, but I digress

I purchased from the son of the original (very active) Amiga owner from the late 80s/early 90s. I have posted a pic or two below.

I was finally going through all of the boxed software that he had (primarily all productivity apps and utilities) and found a great item - an autographed Ultracard signed by none other than the father of the Amiga himself!

What is funny is that the owner wrote the publisher a letter (which you can read below) telling them that even though he was happy Jay Miner stood behind it and autographed his copy at AmiExpo '89, he basically hated the product, lol

The owner had receipts for a lot of the software packages, letters, updates, etc that he kept very well organized. It has been a great adventure discovering all of this history!

What are everyone's thoughts about this? I think it is really cool. I am going to sell off all the productivity apps on eBay (as I want the A500 to game and compare to my ST collection), but may not part with the autographed Ultracard.

post-3371-0-89123700-1496247474_thumb.jpg

post-3371-0-67284500-1496247499_thumb.jpg

post-3371-0-19564800-1496247501_thumb.jpg

post-3371-0-53232000-1496247504_thumb.jpg

post-3371-0-77989300-1496247507_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Very cool! I wonder why the owner never sent the letter. Or maybe that was his "spare copy"....kind of have the feeling he was that kind of guy ;) If you ever do decide to part with it please let me know. It can go in my collection of Commodore oddities ;)

My guess is that he kept a copy. There was quite a bit of correspondence and documents in his collection.

Great find on (What I didn't know was) international Amiga Day.

Will do on the parting. I thought of eBaying as I have a lot of experience there, but have no idea if anyone would be that interested. I think with the letter and the fact that it is an actual signed Amiga product makes it interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Jay Miner autographed copy of Untracard as well. I purchased it at AmiExpo in Chicago in the early '90s. That's probably where your copy came from. Jay was there with the author of Ultracard to promote the product. I also have a picture of Jay standing next to me.

I remember my disappointment with Ultracard. I had purchased it with the thought of creating some cool applications. (and to get Jay's autograph.) Sadly, the product was not as good as promised.

I have a Jay Miner autographed copy of Untracard as well. I purchased it at AmiExpo in Chicago in the early '90s. That's probably where your copy came from. Jay was there with the author of Ultracard to promote the product. I also have a picture of Jay standing next to me.

I remember my disappointment with Ultracard. I had purchased it with the thought of creating some cool applications. (and to get Jay's autograph.) Sadly, the product was not as good as promised.

That definitely sounds like the exact same expo! According to the letter, I believe it was 1989.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk