IGNORED

Some of my recent joystick/controller customs. Robotron joystick coupler.

RamrodHare

OK, Here's my first try at adding images to a post, so hopefully it works.

The first photo shows the "Prototype" coupler I built for playing Robotron using 2 2600 joysticks. It's made of layered plywood, 25x5x2 inches with 12 inches between the joysticks and weighs around 2 pounds. The joysticks are removable. They have 2x2 inch velcro squares under each of them and the joysticks fit securely in the holes even without the velcro. It has 2 holes in the front edge to allow the cords to come through along with a nylon carrying handle in the front and 4 non-slip feet on the bottom. I added a chrome strip between the two joysticks, just to break up the all black look and to better fit with the 7800 console. My score on Robotron tripled the first time I used this thing!

gallery_55553_1930_45652.jpg

The next photo shows a couple of custom controls I did for the 7800. The gamepad is a modded NES controller, with a small ball-top joystick added to the directional pad, and the start and select buttons removed. I also did a quick and dirty paint job, along with a new overlay and Atari logo, just as a test mostly. My masking tape failed around the logo, so the edges there look really bad. It was the first one I made before I started selling them, so I still like it. The 7800 proline in the photo has a shortened throw, by cutting down the joystick and the original knob and adding a rubber buffer to keep the joystick from being forced too far in any direction. I'll add more photos as I finish the other projects I have in the works. ;)

gallery_55553_1930_2019.jpg

• Like 6

Very cool controller modifications and the coupler is sweet.

If ever considering modifying the coupler to bring it to Arcade panel spec., from center-to-center, Robotron joysticks are exactly 10 inches apart; though at the current setting, there's not much of a variance having an ~extra inch stretch for each arm. :)

Very cool controller modifications and the coupler is sweet.

If ever considering modifying the coupler to bring it to Arcade panel spec., from center-to-center, Robotron joysticks are exactly 10 inches apart; though at the current setting, there's not much of a variance having an ~extra inch stretch for each arm. :)

Thanks!

This coupler is kind of a prototype, just to see how it would work out. I'll probably be making some more of them, out of better materials such as plexiglass or MDF. As far as the joystick distance, I just went with what was most comfortable for me, but if I make them for other people, I can build them to their specs.

• Like 2