IGNORED

Old XB Game: Quest

adamantyr

Hey all,

I managed to find an old disk of mine that had several programs I wrote back in my teens on the TI. I decided to share one here, "Quest", a very simple Gauntlet style game in Extended BASIC:

post-17978-0-96619900-1496296557.png

Just unzip all the file contents into DSK1 and load up QUEST and run!

Some observations? The program listing is surprisingly short; I was definitely focused on pushing as much data as possible to disk. The gameplay is also unexpectedly challenging; while the enemies only move one at a time, there is enough of them to make maneuvering around them difficult.

Download: QUEST.zip

• Like 11

It's always an interesting trip to look at code you wrote you were younger... :)

I remember that I was working on a "Quest 2" back in the day which would introduce doors that opened dynamically, using an algorithm that traced all connecting doors and removed them from the screen. I haven't been able to find any of that code if I saved it anywhere though.

I also found my original "Space Trek" game code. It was mostly derived from TI-Trek and I like the version I did recently much better though.

I also had a dungeon style game who's code is regrettably lost... bah! Oh well, I could keep going through disks and see what I can find...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...