IGNORED

New Lynx Game Development!

Der Luchs

Yeah! GADGETUK!

lol I think this would be the first time in AA history, that a thread like this brings up a team which will develop a game :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Don't want to spoil your first. Look at the 25th anniversery thread in 2009 that put together a team and created Solitaire.

Karri, dude... you've started it, you're the Coder. THAT'S A BIG DIFFERENT, I can also say: Hey, I want to code a game, let's getting started.
​I said that I need a Coder and that's the Death of a thread like this. That's why it's so funny that it looked like that it's worked.
​Don't you know the Knight Rider 2600 Thread? Or AtariLynx Lovers Thread? There are so much of them, where someone said:"I'VE AN IDEA! I NEED A CODER!"
​and everyone was laughing.
​I know that here are many threads where a Coder says: "I want to start coding a game, let's do it", that isn't what this thread was all about ;)

The most difficult thing is to come up with a game design. Once the design exists any coder can implement it. That is one reason why ports are so popular. You don't have to invent the gameplay just copy.

Solitaire was simple - copy a cardgame.

Flappy - same thing.

But creating completely new content with a storyline like Zaku or Wyvern Tales. That is something pretty amazing.

Of course Zaku is a bit like Zool and Wyvern Tales a bit like Final Fantasy. But I still see these as original games.

• Like 1

The most difficult thing is to come up with a game design. Once the design exists any coder can implement it.

In theory, and it probably works for paid jobs.

Speaking for myself, when I'm working on a Lynx game, I have to be convinced that I really want to code and play this particuliar game. I guess that's why usually, all call to coders give nothing, unless the idea is already somewhere in the mind of a coder.

• Like 2

I actually think the hardest part is not the design but the graphics and sound - if you can't do them yourself your f******* lol. Sorry but I honestly don't have the time for this project, at least before 2018, and then I suspect when I see what stuff I am still working on it will be 2019.

• Like 1

Thanks gambler172 :-)

Yes, your involved in another project, guitari ;-)

Hopefully I will have completed the current project by the time you would need music. If you need any classical /acoustic / electric / bass guitar samples just shout. I could also record record some ukulele or mandolin for you provided you don't need an entire film score :)

• Like 1