IGNORED

9pin Light guns

Kaiju

First off let me say it's a true privilege to join you guys. I have been following for years now. Finally ran into some Cash and able to pick up collecting

Anyways. As for the question I ran across some plastic "light gun pistols" at my local used game shop. They have no idea what they belong to. They have 9 pin collectors and are bright/light blue. They look like actual pistols.

Anyone have some info on these? And will they "work" for 7800 games

Got it. Thanks guys.

Is the zapper being sold from Best Electronics still available?

At the risk of sounding dumb, I'm really not sure how to navigate/order from them. At least not from mobile. Besides any links I have found mentioning them are pretty old.

From what I saw, the automatic is medium blue and is a Famicon, the light aquamarine-ish one that looks like a revolver is a Sega Genesis Justifier. I have no idea if a Sega Genesis light gun would trip the right contacts on a 7800. I believe there are adapters, but again, not sure they work on light guns (in case you are smitten).

• Like 1

Franko, Thank you so much.

How is the Weight of it? for those that have used it? Compared to the NES zapper, as that is one i have used the most.

Most people say it is fairly light-weight compared to the SMS phaser and atari XG-1, not sure about the zapper but probably lighter. There is a majority opinion that it is more accurate than the atari XG-1, but others think they are the same as far as accuracy and it is an inherent software issue related to a lack of calibration ability in the atari games made for light guns. It is possible the discrepancy is due to certain games with better calibration or the Best light gun having better detection of light flashes on the screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XG-1