IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

As usual, it will find some poor unsuspecting suckers to give them money only to find their eggs stick. Then it won't be heard from until the next colored miracle frying pan comes along. Problem being, how many cheap ass frying pans do people need?

Aaaargh! If I was home right now I'd be making sooooo many images of eggs stuck to Atariboxes!

• Like 1

No, I don't think it will be amazeballs (Skyrim at 4k with all settings maxed), but I do think it will be a solid system. Enough to pull in the Linux gaming crowd and the console hacking groups.

They (Linux users) seem a lot more positive about this than those that lived through the pain of Atari's fall(s) from glory. Besides, Skyrim doesn't have a port yet, I think one of the most demanding games is something like Mad Max or Shadows of Mordor. I think both of those have built in bechmarks, so it would be interesting to see how well they do.

Coleco Chameleon had a real, existing, shell and controller. It had a good number of "big names" of the gaming industry involved. It had an actual list of games. It even had people telling us it's an actual product. So between this, and many other crowdfunded scams and failures, I think it's okay to be skeptical.

I'll grant that The Historian hasn't called doubters names, like one involved Youtuber/gamemaker did. So that's different.

• Like 7

No, no it isn't. Right now it's vaporware with no games. Pre-Order implies that there is a product there. Right now there are some CGI renders of a box shaped object with an Atari Logo

If it runs Linux then there are plenty of games. Geez, you guys just never stop.

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

If it runs Linus then there are plenty of games. Geez, you guys just never stop.

I have 919 in my Steam Library marked as supporting Linux. So yeah, plenty of games. Granted, Linux and Linus are two different things, Linux being a unix-like kernel, and Linus being the name of the person who first started working on and is the lord over the Domain of the Linux Kernel. :P

No, I don't think it will be amazeballs (Skyrim at 4k with all settings maxed), but I do think it will be a solid system. Enough to pull in the Linux gaming crowd and the console hacking groups.

PLease never mention the L word again. Nobody cares about the L. The L folks already have PCs running the L. They are not going to by an Ataribox to replace what they have. The biggest mistakes I see now are

1) Mentioning the L (no one cares about the L).

2) 1 button joystick (gotta have 4)

3) spamming developers mailboxes with crap like overpriced hats.

4) Not at least talking to developers who want to release games for their system. Not a peep.

and BTW: I have been spammed 3 times in the last week (x 3 accounts. 1 developer, 1 media and 1 want to work at Atari. So that's 9 e-mails). and yet, I have never heard back from Atari about developing software for them. geez.

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

PLease never mention the L word again. Nobody cares about the L. The L folks already have PCs running the L. They are not going to by an Ataribox to replace what they have. The biggest mistakes I see now are

1) Mentioning the L (no one cares about the L).

2) 1 button joystick (gotta have 4)

3) spamming developers mailboxes with crap like overpriced hats.

4) Not at least talking to developers who want to release games for their system. Not a peep.

and BTW: I have been spamming 3 times in the last week (x 3 accounts. 1 developer, 1 media and 1 want to work at Atari. SO hat's 9 e-mails). and yet, I have never heard back from Atari about developing software for them. geez.

I can disagree with 1) there are plenty of people that would really LOVE to have an open, Linux (or even just BSD that wasn't locked down) console out there. Anytime there have been an announcement about the AtariBox, there is a news blurb on https://www.gamingonlinux.com/so yeah, there are some people who cares about the L.

Ha, you talking to me, or to BiffsGamingVideos ?

Yeah, I saw him call it 'Linus' several times, and wondered if he was doing it to troll or not. Can never tell on forums...

If you think I'm that dumb, then geez...get you're crap straight. If I have to explain every single little joke or pun that's all I would be doing.

BTW: with all of this stupid taco crap here....I just haven't seen anything that bad sense the Oneda Brian concert.

But does it work on Linux? :) Would love to see it. Armor Ambush (which seems to be rather similar to the majorly delayed Combat II) was my favorite game on the 2600.

Anything developed on Unity3d can be exported to Linus(oh wait, I have to say Linux). My stuff is on Windows and Android. As far as Linus goes (sorry, Linux), I have not been sussesful in installing Linus (sorry again, Linux) Mint on my old laptop. I think the DVD is messed up. And no, it's under a different company name which I do not share. Sorry.

If you think I'm that dumb, then geez...get you're crap straight. If I have to explain every single little joke or pun that's all I would be doing.

BTW: with all of this stupid taco crap here....I just haven't seen anything that bad sense the Oneda Brian concert.

I apologize, I actually DO know and have worked with some people that are that dumb. He also referred to the operating system as Linus. He finally started saying it right after I corrected him, but then he NEVER would get NFS right (always calling it NSF). Then again it's also the same guy who thought you couldn't resume a download via FTP...