IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

And wow, 3 brand new users in as many days just to come and talk Ataribox. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Everything I said yesterday was completely false I got scammed big time. So, sorry for all the hostility, I think I came off as really abrasive. Like punchable sandpaper! :grin:

Also, if someone could convert Flojomojo's bingo chart into this poster from 12 Angry Men it would be hilarious.

Please help!

This is almost as frustrating as the McDonald's Monopoly game. I am just missing a few key pieces.

attachicon.gifBINGO.jpg

Does anyone have the following:

- Software Lineup

- Release Date

- System Specs

- Market Differentiator

- Unique Selling Proposition

- Linux Linux Linux

- Reason To Exist

If someone has any of those to trade, I have multiple doubles of "NDA," "Clueless," "Hate in Heart," and "Saucy Moderator." Lately all I seem to be able to draw is "SpeakerHat Enthusiast." I haven't seen "Charismatic Spokesmouth" in several weeks, do you think they're out of print?

Avoid eye contact? That's just plain mean.

• Like 3

Ok so since this awesome product is fixing to be released in the next few days, I thought I'd let you all in on a little secret I've been holding back on.

Atari hit me up a few weeks back, interested in trying to tie the Ataribox to a well known and iconic property, beloved by the Atari community (and frankly the overall general population)

I'm not ashamed to admit I totally sold out.

I can't say much more, but I will leave you with this....

post-544-0-16638100-1515645679_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Honestly, I'd rather just see that Retron 77 thing so I can play my old Atari 2600 games again.

Along these lines: I'd like to see a modular cartridge adapter that would allow using different systems' cartridges (via USB) with various emulators.

The way I see this working is to use a swappable end on the adapter that could be changed out depending on the cartridge in use. That would then feed to an intermediary device which would present the cartridge's contents as a file over USB using the standard USB mass storage device class(es). There are some cases for which this approach likely wouldn't work, but for the most part it should be workable.

Sure, it's fairly pointless in that you could just use a dump of the cartridge to begin with, but there is some novelty value to it.

Getting adequate power feed to both the cartridge and intermediary device could be a pain, though.

• Like 1

Ok so since this awesome product is fixing to be released in the next few days, I thought I'd let you all in on a little secret I've been holding back on.

Atari hit me up a few weeks back, interested in trying to tie the Ataribox to a well known and iconic property, beloved by the Atari community (and frankly the overall general population)

Moycon... what the hell is that?

• Like 3

Along these lines: I'd like to see a modular cartridge adapter that would allow using different systems' cartridges (via USB) with various emulators.

The way I see this working is to use a swappable end on the adapter that could be changed out depending on the cartridge in use. That would then feed to an intermediary device which would present the cartridge's contents as a file over USB using the standard USB mass storage device class(es). There are some cases for which this approach likely wouldn't work, but for the most part it should be workable.

Sure, it's fairly pointless in that you could just use a dump of the cartridge to begin with, but there is some novelty value to it.

Getting adequate power feed to both the cartridge and intermediary device could be a pain, though.

You might be on to something there.

Not a bad thing to Discuss. Anyone else have additional thoughts on a usb cart port?

Edited by The Historian

:-o :-o :-o :-o THE SAMMICH BOX?!?!? :-o :-o :-o :-o

When I saw that the Retron 77 is back from the dead (or at least got featured on Hyperkin's CES photo spread), I was happy to see it. Then I started thinking about why that would be?

That's the thing -- these are just cartridge dumpers. Why bother with that when a ROM is the same thing?

Why do people fetishize cartridges so? It's like vinyl records, isn't it.

post-2410-0-80749300-1515688683_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Please help!

This is almost as frustrating as the McDonald's Monopoly game. I am just missing a few key pieces.

attachicon.gifBINGO.jpg

Does anyone have the following:

- Software Lineup

- Release Date

- System Specs

- Market Differentiator

- Unique Selling Proposition

- Linux Linux Linux

- Reason To Exist

If someone has any of those to trade, I have multiple doubles of "NDA," "Clueless," "Hate in Heart," and "Saucy Moderator." Lately all I seem to be able to draw is "SpeakerHat Enthusiast." I haven't seen "Charismatic Spokesmouth" in several weeks, do you think they're out of print?

Hot sauce arrived yesterday, and is fantastic!

• Like 4

Late breaking news from Atari:

The pre-orders will definitely start by the end of January,

However, due to circumstances beyond our control,

January will be extended indefinitely...

Our website will be updated by the end of January.

Can't beat them might as well join them I guess right?

• Like 2

I heard from an industry insider yesterday, that the AtariBox is dead. So, no more tacos. :(

Not at all true. I have it on good authority that the Ataribox will be "A Classic, Reimagined", and to "Hurry" because there will be "Crowdfunding Soon".

They even have logos from Mashable, The Verge, Forbes and C-Net to prove it.

Need more proof?

How about logos from Uncrate, TNW, Engadget, HiConsumption, TechRadar and The Daily Dot?

How can you not trust websites that put other websites' logos on them?

Also, it's "Sharp and Modern", "Amazing", and "Retro Revival".

It says so.

The Ataribox LIVES!!

Or, they just don't have anyone left at the company who remembered to turn off the website before they left.

post-2641-0-70841900-1515716801_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Can't beat them might as well join them I guess right?

Hey- people called me a 'shill' when all I was doing was saying the speakerhat was actually damn good and the other guy had no real knowledge on it.

Then they think they are internet detectives to find I already publicly state I bought stock in the company.

That doesn't mean I am happy about the ways they are handling their business. It just means their #'s are going up year after year and I think it is a profitable endeavor.

In fact- much to your amusement, and fueled equally between my frustrations and alcohol this evening, I sent this email to several of the executives-

Quote myself-

As an investor of tens of thousands of shares- I find the absolute radio silence since the sudden cancel of the funding day disturbing.

Surprisingly the share value currently is strong- probably due to the recent revenue #'s release.

Still- as I sit here after work with a few drinks in me- I have a joke to ease the tension-

Late breaking news from Atari:

The pre-orders will definitely start by the end of January,

However, due to circumstances beyond our control,

January will be extended indefinitely...

Our website will be updated by the end of January.

Seriously- the tensions online are stressful and the public could use some information!

We see that AMD just had a conference and showed the Atari name and Ataribox render on their graphic. That is somewhat encouraging, but still not substantial and no proof that the 'box isn't Vaporware.

Please do *something*... it's been a month with zero response.

Thank you.

End quote.

Not that I expect an answer- and it may tick them off- but then they get to join the rest of us in discontent. Only fair.

Atari's lack of communication seems to be one of their biggest faults- this is true from the players of the games themselves on up.

Not a good way to run a business- especially for the long term. As evidenced by commentary on their facebook page for example.

• Like 2

Seriously- the tensions online are stressful and the public could use some information!

We see that AMD just had a conference and showed the Atari name and Ataribox render on their graphic. That is somewhat encouraging, but still not substantial and no proof that the 'box isn't Vaporware.

Please do *something*... it's been a month with zero response.

Still not enough tension or mystery or allure. They going to keep increasing it as much as they can. While they figure out what to do, if anything.