IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

My guess is an Atari themed subscription box.

What products would you get in the box though? Maybe not physical items, but downloads maybe? Or streaming game access? Getting very curious now, although, given the comments from Bill, it sounds like it's maybe something not aimed at the typical audience here, especially if it's not retro? Which by itself makes it all the more puzzling.

Couldn't find them listed there either. Only related thing that i spotted was that Hyperkin are putting out a VCS/2600 version of their RetroN line, though - called the Retron 77, supposedly outputting in 1080p.

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=vKfzxkpC

That's a heck of a find that deserves it's own topic. I follow their social media and I've heard no mention of this until now.

• Like 2

Whoa.

" RetroN 77 Retro Gaming Console

The RetroN 77 plays all your favorite 2600 cartridges in beautiful 1080p HD. It's one happenin' pixel party for the senses. Marvel at the slick wood paneling; the on-board game and difficulty select; and the included premium joystick - perfect for all you one-button warriors. Can. You. Dig. It?"

• Like 8

Whoa.

" RetroN 77 Retro Gaming Console

The RetroN 77 plays all your favorite 2600 cartridges in beautiful 1080p HD. It's one happenin' pixel party for the senses. Marvel at the slick wood paneling; the on-board game and difficulty select; and the included premium joystick - perfect for all you one-button warriors. Can. You. Dig. It?"

Sounds like you need to start a new thread on his one as it may be even better than what At Games or Ataribox has to offer! :)

• Like 3

Sounds like you need to start a new thread on his one as it may be even better than what At Games or Ataribox has to offer! :)

If true this would be great. If it included an SD cart slot that would be even better but to play real carts in HDMI would be great. I would assume or at least hope like other Retrons that you could plug in your own joysticks and paddles. The way it's worded with including a "premium joystick" if it even supports paddle or driving controls. I would certainly hope so or that would be a deal breaker for me.

• Like 1

If true this would be great. If it included an SD cart slot that would be even better but to play real carts in HDMI would be great. I would assume or at least hope like other Retrons that you could plug in your own joysticks and paddles. The way it's worded with including a "premium joystick" if it even supports paddle or driving controls. I would certainly hope so or that would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm with you there. My other concern is compatability with all cartridges including Pitfall 2 that has an additional chip.

• Like 3

Couldn't find them listed there either. Only related thing that i spotted was that Hyperkin are putting out a VCS/2600 version of their RetroN line, though - called the Retron 77, supposedly outputting in 1080p.

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=vKfzxkpC

Wait, what?

I find this article very funny. https://segmentnext....ccording-video/

They think the console will be like the NES Classic which allows you to play multiple games from the past which is something(according to them) that gamers couldn't previously do in decades with old Atari games. I guess they've been hiding under a rock throughout all the Atari Flashbacks that came out.

• Like 1

That's what I was wondering, but I don't see Atari on the E3 exhibitors list. Unless I missed them. Maybe they're being hosted by someone else? I wondered the same thing about AtGames. Sometimes they show up in another booth.

http://mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/search.cfm

AtGames is at E3, but not on public display.

That's what I've been looking for!!! I hope it isn't emulation.

lol,

the domain belongs to me by the end of last year.

i had registered both domains, because we had not decided on our projectname.
I therefore do not believe that we are surprised by a project that took a long run.
At least if the project has something big to do with the domain name.

ok, maybe the name finding was only briefly decided.

... but i like to be surprised.

:)

That's what I've been looking for!!! I hope it isn't emulation.

Of course it will be emulation, well maybe not, I am just hoping if it plays original carts it fully supports my HARMONY CART. IF NOT meh, I have enough 2600 compatible consoles and modded systems to support my 2600 games.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Given what's going on with Coleco, I hope it's a version of what I was going to pitch them for a console idea.

Android TV Box

A cartridge port for classic games.
In this case, needs a 2600/7800 themed port... probably nobody wants a 5200 port, but, hey.

This has nothing to do with AtGames. This is Atari in partnership with another company. It's not related to any vintage technology. That's all I can say.

Not legacy hardware, partnership with another company that is not AtGames, and the name is "Ataribox". Sounds like an Atari-themed Xbox to me. Likely with something like Atari Vault bundled in.

Not legacy hardware, partnership with another company that is not AtGames, and the name is "Ataribox". Sounds like an Atari-themed Xbox to me. Likely with something like Atari Vault bundled in.

No. Nothing to do with any modern console.

And for others, definitely no cartridge ports.

Edited by BillLoguidice
  • Like 1

No. Nothing to do with any modern console.

And for others, definitely no cartridge ports.

So has nothing to do with vintage technology and when you say "Nothing to do with any modern console" do you mean that it isn't going to be a modern console because I don't believe that the person meant it was going actually be an Xbox with Atari Vault, he meant like an Xbox, and when you say nothing to do with any modern console it has me thinking you took it as that possibly, and that is why you said nothing to do with any modern console. But it has to be a modern console if not vintage, if it is even going to be a console? Right? Unless they are just getting into streaming boxes like Roku or something?

EDIT:

I think I worded it kinda weird basically main thing I'm asking is that when you say "Nothing to do with any modern console" do you mean it will have nothing to do with an existing modern console or that it will not even be a modern console, because you already previously stated it doesn't have anything to do with vintage technology, which is why I'm confused?

Edited by SignGuy81