IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

For the memory-challenged (like myself), we discussed the 7.5 million euros acquisition back in April. It was where Atari created some 13.6 million new shares of stock from nothing. Flojomojo asked how it differed from money laundering. Carlsson explained:

Generally, the board of directors during the yearly shareholder's meeting get the rights to issue an emission of a certain value. All shareholders should be aware it will happen, that the shares will be diluted. Often the existing shareholders get first dibs on investing more money, before they bring in new investors. The fact this is not applicable to the US, Canada and a few more countries is standard and appears as a disclaimer for every company who does so. The fact they're bringing in more capital by diluting the shares is itself not a sign of money laundering, though of course if they pay consultants' fees from the invested money, it might very well become that.

The larger amount of the emission, the more formal documents are required. I think the first cut-off is at 1 million Euros, then there may be more cut-offs.

Wikipedia further points me to equity issuance, which may or may not be the right English term to use here. I don't know US regulations for limited companies and other business forms, how it works about having shareholders in a non-public company and by which means you can let new shareholders invest in your company by this form of diluting. As I wrote, this kind of emission (issuance?) tends to be common in Europe but it always is written in the fine print that no individual or company from the USA or Canada (plus a few more rest-of-the-world countries) are allowed to take part of it, due to differences in financial regulations.

What would be interesting is if those 7.5 million Euros have been committed to Atari SA's bank accounts, if any of it has been invested in operations regarding maintaining and revitalising the intellectual properties as it was said to happen. It still only has been a few months and we're in the middle of vacation periods so I wouldn't expect anything major has happened yet.

• Like 1

You can't mention OTON with having this video out there

Someone a few page back mentioned "Dictatorship", I would add that moderation in general falls under "benevolent dictatorship". The mods rule the land and are the arbitrators of enforcement; doing so in an effort to serve the good of the community. As far as the "Harrasment" that can be found in this thread, it has been handled in a professional manner. I've seen posts that stepped over the line, removed.

From the outside looking in, the mods are doing an excellent job of enforcing the AA rules.

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 2

The hovering Oton AyR is old-and-busted. The new hotness is the "powered by Ubuntu" Artificial Intelligence system, the Oton Infinity:

June 30, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Person: Derrick Samuels

EnGeniux Unveils The All New OTON Infinity Artificial Intelligent PC
EnGeniux to Unveil the First Autonomous Game Console

Anniston, AL – June 30, 2018 – Today artificial intelligence startup company EnGeniux has unveiled the new AI powered OTON Infinity PC system. The OTON Infinity is a high-quality Linux PC, entertainment hub and 4K projector all-in-one system. The system will be powered by a Ryzen 1400 quad-core processor, 500 GB solid-state hard drive, 8 GB GDDR RAM, with HDMI, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support . The system is powered by a custom EnGeniux operating system called “Infinity OS” (Powered by Ubuntu).

The OTON Infinity hybrid lifestyle PC will be the first autonomous platform to support PC, console-like functions and 4K projector (10,000 LED Life Hours) operating under one platform. The system has attributes similar to those of other forthcoming autonomous devices such as drones, cars and home automation systems; the difference is that OTON can self-create content, offer real-time help for PC task and create games without human input. This new system will lean more toward personal user value, entertainment anywhere and AI assistance instead of 100 percent focus on games. EnGeniux end goal is to provide customers with a business/home support based AI system supported by multi-OTON neural networks and the OTON Infinity is the first step in that direction.

About EnGeniux
EnGeniux was founded by OTON creator and inventor Derrick Samuels. He shipped his first console in 2009 using Linux as a working OS. The product line quickly evolved, innovating features such as cloud storage and voice recognition software. The EnGeniux OTON Infinity will continue that level of innovation with new AI, autonomous content creation, machine learning and deep learning applications. The OTON Infinity is a PC, Entertainment Hub and 4K Projector all-in-one system. Learn more about the new OTON Infinity artificial intelligent PC at OTON.io.

From his Twitter feed:

post-39941-0-81962900-1531238371.jpg

There is also this sexy UI demo video: https://twitter.com/OTON_Infinity/status/1012109032352632835

• Like 2

OMG you midwesterners

That's actually a real place

https://yelp.to/qTKq/6yk8R1GDqO

I learn something every day here

They say the best fudge comes from Uranus. Also located in that strip is an indoor axe throwing target practice place called The Axe Hole...

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 1

The hovering Oton AyR is old-and-busted. The new hotness is the "powered by Ubuntu" Artificial Intelligence system, the Oton Infinity:

June 30, 2018

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Anniston, AL – June 30, 2018 – Today artificial intelligence startup company ....blah blah blah.

I spit my coffee when I saw that. I've been through Anniston, AL several times. Since the army base closed there years ago, there are only a few people ever seen on the streets. Monsanto made the town the most toxic in the country due to their chemical pollution. An east coast Silicon Valley it is not. Hell, I'm not sure the Waffle House is even open any more.

• Like 3

I sure wish Atari would give us something to talk about. They're not even engaging supporters on Indiegogo anymore and are coming up on a month since posting on Facebook.

In update #4, supporters were promised a Q&A with Tin Giant's Rob Wyatt. They're either running behind or it just doesn't matter anymore.

You are such a hater. How dare you suggest they're not communicating with the backers?

They just posted this on the IGG campaign comments page, the "inbox" we were instructed to "watch."

post-2410-0-39913800-1531260838.png

Obviously, everything we need to know is already on Tin Giant's homepage. You just need to know how to read it. These cats are subtle with the subtext. I'll spell it out for you, starting with the first thing you see when you hit TinGiant.com (or here, frozen in time so we can enjoy this historic moment for years into the future):

post-2410-0-18732300-1531260894_thumb.png

Let's close up the aperture a little bit so we can read the text more clearly.

post-2410-0-50427800-1531260924_thumb.png

Oops. Well, if you can't build a responsive website, at least you can be responsive to customers.

post-2410-0-54633900-1531262115_thumb.png

The strong, dark coffee represents AtariBox's commitment to stay up late and deliver the AtariBox experience that AtariBox fans deserve. Or, maybe it makes the drinkers $hit their brains out. Either way, there's some coffee.

post-2410-0-22084000-1531261077_thumb.png

The sandwich represents the multiple layers of excellence that AtariBox will bring to the discriminating paying Atari fan. Toasted white bread symbolizes the All-American wholesome fun of blocky video games. Mayonnaise signifies the short time in the sun before salmonella becomes a real risk, even more brief than the refund period for an AtariBox pledge. A soft-boiled egg represents the not-quite-cooked idea of a Linux computer, on your television, for streaming Netflix, for Mom. A juicy, red tomato expresses the enthusiasm (if not the deep thinking) of the AtariBox backer. Also, there's a bunch of other stuff on top of that. Stay tuned to this inbox for more updates. Thanks for the money, pigeons!

post-2410-0-66761800-1531261406_thumb.png

The French Press relates to the founding (but importantly, not funding) partners of the AtariBox. These Gallic gentleman can't get a taco where they live, but they do know their coffee. If you didn't need to hit the bathroom after that first cup-o-joe, here's some more to seal the deal.

post-2410-0-27456200-1531261516_thumb.png

And finally, here's where you enter your ideas for them to use and repurpose for inclusion in the mighty awesomeness that will be AtariBox, available next July. Project permitting. Flexible funding means you're backing an idea, not ordering a product. Everything shown is for illustrative purposes only. So much better than an Ouya.

post-2410-0-25227400-1531261983.png

You can tell they're making great strides. Their public website is just the tip of the iceberg, but look at how far they've come from where they were just four short months ago!

• Like 11

June 30, 2018

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Anniston, AL – June 30, 2018 – Today artificial intelligence startup company EnGeniux has unveiled the new AI powered OTON Infinity PC system. The OTON Infinity is a high-quality Linux PC, entertainment hub and 4K projector all-in-one system. The system will be powered by a Ryzen 1400 quad-core processor, 500 GB solid-state hard drive, 8 GB GDDR RAM, with HDMI, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support . The system is powered by a custom EnGeniux operating system called “Infinity OS” (Powered by Ubuntu).

The OTON Infinity hybrid lifestyle PC will be the first autonomous platform to support PC, console-like functions and 4K projector (10,000 LED Life Hours) operating under one platform. The system has attributes similar to those of other forthcoming autonomous devices such as drones, cars and home automation systems; the difference is that OTON can self-create content, offer real-time help for PC task and create games without human input. This new system will lean more toward personal user value, entertainment anywhere and AI assistance instead of 100 percent focus on games. EnGeniux end goal is to provide customers with a business/home support based AI system supported by multi-OTON neural networks and the OTON Infinity is the first step in that direction.

Yeah, sure... but do they have SpeakerHats™?

• Like 3

The sandwich represents the multiple layers of excellence that AtariBox will bring to the discriminating paying Atari fan. Toasted white bread symbolizes the All-American wholesome fun of blocky video games. Mayonnaise signifies the short time in the sun before salmonella becomes a real risk, even more brief than the refund period for an AtariBox pledge. A soft-boiled egg represents the not-quite-cooked idea of a Linux computer, on your television, for streaming Netflix, for Mom. A juicy, red tomato expresses the enthusiasm (if not the deep thinking) of the AtariBox backer. Also, there's a bunch of other stuff on top of that. Stay tuned to this inbox for more updates. Thanks for the money, pigeons!

Maybe the tomato is also a subliminal message that the new VCS will "suck seed."

Ha!

I spit my coffee when I saw that. I've been through Anniston, AL several times. Since the army base closed there years ago, there are only a few people ever seen on the streets. Monsanto made the town the most toxic in the country due to their chemical pollution. An east coast Silicon Valley it is not. Hell, I'm not sure the Waffle House is even open any more.

Anniston, AL is about a fifteen minute's drive for me. I've never heard of this company, and the street address I found for them seems to be in the middle of nowhere in a not-very-nice part of town, but maybe I should look them up the next time I'm in the neighborhood.
  • Like 1

Maybe the tomato is also a subliminal message that the new VCS will "suck seed."

Ha!

Anniston, AL is about a fifteen minute's drive for me. I've never heard of this company, and the street address I found for them seems to be in the middle of nowhere in a not-very-nice part of town, but maybe I should look them up the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

There doesn't appear to be any legitimate business registered under any of those names. I can't even locate a business address, cus it most likely doesn't exist. What's hilarious is this guy just needed to call it the AtariOton and he would already have raised 2.9M.

• Like 4

There doesn't appear to be any legitimate business registered under any of those names. I can't even locate a business address, cus it most likely doesn't exist. What's hilarious is this guy just needed to call it the AtariOton and he would already have raised 2.9M.

Which is funny, it says on his Linkedin Page hes been at "Tin Giant" since 2000

https://www.linkedin.com/in/wyattrob?trk=org-employees_mini-profile_cta

Hardware Engineer Tin Giant
January 2010 – Present (8 years 7 months)Boulder, CO
Software Consultant Tin Giant
January 2000 – Present (18 years 7 months)Boulder, Colorado