IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I wonder what's happening with this . If they want to start a crowdfunding campaign, they don't want to start any later than October, and that's pushing it.. ie you don't want the tail end of the campaign running into december.

I would have though this month was the time to go with it , especially if it's a 60 day campaign

Is it common for high profile companies like Atari to do crowd-funding projects or is Atari nearing insolvency?

Are they suing the Keebler elves to get more money to make their prototype without pulling a chameleon?

• Like 1

Is it common for high profile companies like Atari to do crowd-funding projects or is Atari nearing insolvency?

I don't consider something like this particularly unusual for a company the size of Atari (despite some people fantasizing that they'd be going toe-to-toe with Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo in the console space).

Yes, much bigger companies than Atari have gone the crowdfunding route inclduing Cononical.

In relation to why they need to start the campaign soon if doing it this year. They cannot let it run into december as thats typically when people go on holidays, and focus on crowdfunding should naturally drop.

Edited by vcoleiro1

The campaign? Forgive me if I misunderstand, but you may recall that latest email said the crowdfunding would be in Fall 2017. Shipments would be Spring 2018.

Kind of strange they don't have the email put up on the ataribox site, but whateva.

Ah, I stand corrected. I am not subscribed to their spams, I just come here for the laughs. Speaker hat!

Fall starts on Friday, September 22nd and runs for three months. They still have plenty of time to meet their commitment to beg for money.

Wait, people actually EAT that stuff?? Damn, I always just assumed that it was all artificial 'display food', you know, like those huge plastic cheese wheels and rubber cold cuts used to decorate deli windows.

attachicon.gifIMG_3151.JPG

?

These panties are going in my wife's stocking this year for Christmas.

• Like 1

So you just wanna post bullshit?

I mean, in all actuality I am very curious and hoping that it's something that exists and fills a niche. I'm not just here to post bullshit, but right now there isn't much else.

Plus, after trying the phenomenal Bentley Bear, I really wanted to get more involved in the 7800 and ST communities, so the ataribox news was just the final kick I needed to join. I'll try and be better about posting bullshit going forward.

So I just saw a press release video, it is a bizarre marketing strategy. I don't get what the dancing guy has to do with that ataribox, but apparently they're never gonna give you up or let us down. I take this as a positive sign.

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 2