Photo

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

1161 replies to this topic

#1151 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,456 posts

Posted Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 AM

Unrelated to the so-called Ataribox, but here's other news from Atari and Fig.

#1152 JBerel OFFLINE  

JBerel

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 AM

I was like.....meh, then at the end I noticed that Atari has the same PR firm as the Coleco Chameleon.

###

PRESS CONTACT

For Atari:

UberStrategist Inc.

+1.646.844.8983

pr@uberstrategist.com

oh snap!

Edited by JBerel, Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 AM.

#1153 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 587 posts

Posted Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 AM

I wonder what's happening with this .  If they want to start a crowdfunding campaign, they don't want to start any later than October, and that's pushing it..  ie you don't want the tail end of the campaign running into december.
 I would have though this month was the time to go with it , especially if it's a 60 day campaign

Is it common for high profile companies like Atari to do crowd-funding projects or is Atari nearing insolvency?

Are they suing the Keebler elves to get more money to make their prototype without pulling a chameleon?

#1154 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,456 posts

Posted Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:00 AM

I was like.....meh, then at the end I noticed that Atari has the same PR firm as the Coleco Chameleon.

Now that's made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  I wonder if UberStrategist is related to Bell Pottinger :-D

Edited by Ikrananka, Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:00 AM.

#1155 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 5,547 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 PM

Is it common for high profile companies like Atari to do crowd-funding projects or is Atari nearing insolvency?

I don't consider something like this particularly unusual for a company the size of Atari (despite some people fantasizing that they'd be going toe-to-toe with Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo in the console space).

#1156 vcoleiro1 ONLINE  

vcoleiro1

Star Raider

• 86 posts

Posted Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 PM

Yes, much bigger companies than Atari have gone the crowdfunding route inclduing Cononical.

In relation to why they need to start the campaign soon if doing it this year.  They cannot let it run into december as thats typically when people go on holidays, and focus on crowdfunding should naturally drop.

Edited by vcoleiro1, Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 PM.

#1157 PlaysWithWolves OFFLINE  

PlaysWithWolves

Dragonstomper

• 812 posts

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 AM

Who says they need it by the holidays?

The campaign?  Forgive me if I misunderstand, but you may recall that latest email said the crowdfunding would be in Fall 2017.  Shipments would be Spring 2018.

Kind of strange they don't have the email put up on the ataribox site, but whateva.

#1158 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,664 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 AM

The campaign?  Forgive me if I misunderstand, but you may recall that latest email said the crowdfunding would be in Fall 2017.  Shipments would be Spring 2018.
Kind of strange they don't have the email put up on the ataribox site, but whateva.

Ah, I stand corrected. I am not subscribed to their spams, I just come here for the laughs. Speaker hat!

Fall starts on Friday, September 22nd and runs for three months. They still have plenty of time to meet their commitment to beg for money.

#1159 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 9,664 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 AM

4:02pm on Friday to be exact.

#1160 toiletunes OFFLINE  

toiletunes

River Patroller

• 3,151 posts
  • Hater Brigader

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 AM

Today's the day, can't wait for the BIG reveal. What's in the that box? Maybe it will be delayed, to make it even better! (simple as that)

#1161 PlaysWithWolves OFFLINE  

PlaysWithWolves

Dragonstomper

• 812 posts

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 AM

Today's the day, can't wait for the BIG reveal. What's in the that box? Maybe it will be delayed, to make it even better! (simple as that)

Whee!

They have until December 21, 5:44 A.M. EDT* to let us know!

*when Winter begins.

#1162 adamchevy OFFLINE  

adamchevy

Stargunner

• 1,167 posts

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 AM

Wait, people actually EAT that stuff?? Damn, I always just assumed that it was all artificial 'display food', you know, like those huge plastic cheese wheels and rubber cold cuts used to decorate deli windows.

attachicon.gifIMG_3151.JPG

?

These panties are going in my wife's stocking this year for Christmas.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users