IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

HOLY POOPSNACKS, TIN GIANT DOT COM JUST UPDATED FOR REAL THIS TIME ... and it's AMAZING

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-09-24 at 11.08.06 AM.png

I guess someone found the password in Rob's old yoga pants

Looks like the test was successful!

And you were doubting this Atarbox .. I bet you feel stupid now?

Again I ask, what the hell does Launch Edition mean and have companies ever used this term or is this just something people put in their ebay auctions to spice up their goods???

Xbox have made Launch Editions of their consoles that were produced in limited quantities and given only to staff.

Now it seems that people are using the phrase as you say "spice up" their ebay listings

this has reminded me of the AtariXbox, a one of a kind Atari branded Xbox given away as a prize at a gaming convention

this might be a picture of it? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/204974-original-xbox-atari-edition/

• Like 1

Again I ask, what the hell does Launch Edition mean and have companies ever used this term or is this just something people put in their ebay auctions to spice up their goods???

Well, I have the Kickstarter Red-Box edition of Joking Hazard...

(not my picture, but I do own this)

post-144-0-40690300-1537812762.jpg

• Like 3

Is there any more entertainment value to be had from the AtacoBocs kerfuffle?

I'm now getting bored of the whole ordeal.

Yes, every move they make is hi-LAR-ious

Someone asked for a special Launch Edition but TinGiant thought they said "LUNCH edition" and left this runny-egg sandwich on their homepage for MONTHS. It's still there, of course.

post-2410-0-45307300-1537814638_thumb.png

I think they might be an artist would like to introduce themselves and their work here or maybe they're a business with a mission to describe.

• Like 7

To be fair, that looks like it could be a tasty sandwich.

I can't do fried eggs. THey have to be scrambled for me.

Thinking of which, a nice taco omelet would sound good right about now.

Seasoned taco beef, cheddar and chihuahua cheese, salsa, jalapenos, hash browns....

• Like 3

This isn't exactly one of those things high on my priority lists to check up on but it had randomly come to mind, shortly after eating a taco no less and I kid you not. Moe's Grill is what's up. But, I stumbled upon their first prototype board that's actually a custom AMD board, placed atop some pink bubble wrap with all the good doo-dads like the Apple Keyboard and mini scooter in the background of said "Summit" - who in the hell powers on a board or supposed "prototype" board on bubble wrap?

1. So this confirms that the video of what they had shown earlier this year of a so called working prototype was an actual scam or fake. Since clearly, this board does not or can not fit in the empty AtariVCS shell. (either one, take your pick). I'm not sure how this doesn't portray them as fully fraudulent at this point in what was being represented in the video. Doesn't this violate some terms somewhere? I guess no one at Indiegogo cares.

2. Their board says iBuy Power on it, which seems to be where the components are from (a computer assembly manufacturer in CA) added to the dev board or possibly purchased from but none of this makes it a custom board. Also the CPU heatsink doesn't sit flush at all with the board which would mean the thing is either not actually functioning or overheating or well... something doesn't sit right.

3. They are now claiming that the joystick is JUST NOW being investigated for the possibility of adding the paddle support. WTF? I was certain this was claimed to have been part of the controller when they announced the campaign and now they're saying "due to user requested feedback?" No way. That was one of the original selling points well before this last August 20th update or bogus fake 3-day moped, I mean, prototype AMD dev board reveal. Seems like another void of terms by falsifying information in their original campaign on Indiegogo.

4. I thought CPUWIZ's comment was sarcasm, I don't have the time to fine comb through 25 pages of the thread to find out if his remark was legit or not but even so I'm not sure what that's really supposed to mean either way?

5. I'm blown away by the hi-scores on Centipede - 3 days and the best anyone was capable of reaching was 16,000 points? Unreal.

3-days and here's 5 photos and no video. Gotcha.

• Like 5

Is there any more entertainment value to be had from the AtacoBocs kerfuffle?

Well, certainly more than from the Ataribox itself.

Someone asked for a special Launch Edition but TinGiant thought they said "LUNCH edition" and left this runny-egg sandwich on their homepage for MONTHS. It's still there, of course.

That's backwards.

• Like 9

Yup,

https://www.target.com/p/atari-2600-loot-box/-/A-53719041

AND THERE IS ONLY ONE LEFT AT MY LOCAL TARGET!!!!

Ugh, I hope nobody who knows I like(d) Atari buys me one of these as a holiday gift. Maybe they're only in "limited quantities."

Other lousy retro gifts included

Atari Duo Arcade for iPad (noisy, clicky cheapass joystick that only worked with Atari collection)

Atari Game Over boxer shorts (dumb as it sounds)

more than one nasty 50% polyester T-shirt with faux retro branding

It's a shame the retrogame merchandisers are onto us "hard to shop for" people.

• Like 2

I can't do fried eggs. THey have to be scrambled for me.

Thinking of which, a nice taco omelet would sound good right about now.

Seasoned taco beef, cheddar and chihuahua cheese, salsa, jalapenos, hash browns....

Can't or won't? Just a tiny bit of butter is enough to fry an egg. Doesn't need to be drowned in grease to fry.

Man I am hungry now.

This isn't exactly one of those things high on my priority lists to check up on but it had randomly come to mind, shortly after eating a taco no less and I kid you not. Moe's Grill is what's up. But, I stumbled upon their first prototype board that's actually a custom AMD board, placed atop some pink bubble wrap with all the good doo-dads like the Apple Keyboard and mini scooter in the background of said "Summit" - who in the hell powers on a board or supposed "prototype" board on bubble wrap?

1. So this confirms that the video of what they had shown earlier this year of a so called working prototype was an actual scam or fake. Since clearly, this board does not or can not fit in the empty AtariVCS shell. (either one, take your pick). I'm not sure how this doesn't portray them as fully fraudulent at this point in what was being represented in the video. Doesn't this violate some terms somewhere? I guess no one at Indiegogo cares.

2. Their board says iBuy Power on it, which seems to be where the components are from (a computer assembly manufacturer in CA) added to the dev board or possibly purchased from but none of this makes it a custom board. Also the CPU heatsink doesn't sit flush at all with the board which would mean the thing is either not actually functioning or overheating or well... something doesn't sit right.

3. They are now claiming that the joystick is JUST NOW being investigated for the possibility of adding the paddle support. WTF? I was certain this was claimed to have been part of the controller when they announced the campaign and now they're saying "due to user requested feedback?" No way. That was one of the original selling points well before this last August 20th update or bogus fake 3-day moped, I mean, prototype AMD dev board reveal. Seems like another void of terms by falsifying information in their original campaign on Indiegogo.

When quizzed about these things at the time, Atari did point to their fine print where it said "for illustrative purposes only."

I can only guess that the people who didn't back out at that point don't know what a red flag is.

• Like 3

Thirty bucks, really? This belongs in the dollar section.

I would buy it at $3 .. like anything from Atari SA it's about 10X the cost as Atari logo merchandise should cost. I guess it's a bargain as the speaker hat is about 20X overpriced.

Edited by thetick1