IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

On a different forum I'm on, there's a discussion of the Sears / KMart situation, and someone posted this...

This is an attempt at a "reorgination" but in reality there is not much worth saving.

Sears, and to a lesser extent K-Mart, still own a good amount of real estate which can be liquidated. And there is the "intelectual property". There are bottom feeder firms that will buy brand names and then produce unrelated products under the same name for many decades.

Describes NoTacoAtari to a T

• Like 5

Next thing you'll know is someone will be thinking to contact that other BK customer service.

post-18158-0-24618100-1539279358.jpg

Okay... the guy isn't even wearing gloves, and is handing me an unwrapped burger? "Here - I hope you enjoy dead skin cells and the dirt that's under my fingernails. Oh, and your burger."

• Like 3

Okay... the guy isn't even wearing gloves, and is handing me an unwrapped burger? "Here - I hope you enjoy dead skin cells and the dirt that's under my fingernails. Oh, and your burger."

It builds character and immunity. Eat the burger.

• Like 12

From the Not Directly Related to AtariVCS Department:

-Important Skarp Lazer Razor update: It's been almost five months since they last posted an update.

-FTC investigates $700,000 crowdfunding campaign for fraud (iBackPack)

-Fraud: SEC Shuts Down Blockvest ICO that Allegedly Falsely Claimed SEC Approval & Created a Fictitious Regulator: the “Blockchain Exchange Commission”

Anecdotally, it's weird reading some posts on AA saying CollectorVision's $230,000 goal is too high; that it should be lowered to induce more sales. In other words, well-meaning people are asking for them to do one of the scummy things we see in some of these campaigns. That is, of course, assuming CollectorVision did their homework and that $230k goal is what it takes for their price point.

Also, kudos to CollectorVision who apparently came to the crowdfunding table with more than Atari did--and more than Atari even currently has shown.

• Like 7

From the Not Directly Related to AtariVCS Department:

-Important Skarp Lazer Razor update: It's been almost five months since they last posted an update.

-FTC investigates $700,000 crowdfunding campaign for fraud (iBackPack)

-Fraud: SEC Shuts Down Blockvest ICO that Allegedly Falsely Claimed SEC Approval & Created a Fictitious Regulator: the Blockchain Exchange Commission

Anecdotally, it's weird reading some posts on AA saying CollectorVision's $230,000 goal is too high; that it should be lowered to induce more sales. In other words, well-meaning people are asking for them to do one of the scummy things we see in some of these campaigns. That is, of course, assuming CollectorVision did their homework and that $230k goal is what it takes for their price point.

Also, kudos to CollectorVision who apparently came to the crowdfunding table with more than Atari did--and more than Atari even currently has shown.

My kickstarter version of Sydney Hunter did eventually arrive. I wasn't at all happy with the way the project was handled after funding, but I eventually got what I paid for. That may be more than we can say for the rest of these clowns.

What Atari fans want

post-2410-0-31973600-1539433541_thumb.jpg

What Atari SA is trying to make

post-2410-0-41544300-1539433570.jpg

(note the "Best Before" date)

The limited edition version is no longer being offered

post-2410-0-57415700-1539433602.jpg

John knows it is going to be awesome, and gives three reasons why. Actually it's six reasons since he posted it twice. Do the math!

post-2410-0-63272800-1539433618_thumb.png

"It's an open Linux PC Experience people will be able to play however they want without any restrictions!" -- John Phelan, who was born in 1979, the same year as these actors! Also the same year that Asteroids came out!

Suck it, haters.

• Like 8

What developers say Apple needs to do to make the Apple TV a gaming console

Despite strong hardware and infrastructure for games, it remains niche at best.

or in the words of this thread, "Old Apple Console That AppleTV"

The failure of games on AppleTV (as well as the similar Android TV, and FireTV) is a good reminder of how tough this industry is. These are the biggest names in tech, not just weenies in their garage loading Ubuntu boot images onto off-the-shelf development boards in their spare time between hot yoga workouts. For the existing set-top-boxes, the hardware and infrastructure are there, but the customers aren't. Not for games, anyway.

I love iOS, I like AppleTV, and the games that are on there are OK, but there aren't any system sellers. I'd rather have Steppy Pants than Atari Vault, though (seriously!)

• Like 4

I thought this was some sort of bizarre photoshop job until I searched for it. Wow.

Beans are disgusting. Bean pizza? Vom... :woozy:

Kinda glad they discontinued this:

https://www.change.org/p/h-j-heinz-bring-back-the-heinz-baked-bean-sausage-pizza

All of cyberspace only managed to garner 73 votes. Pathetic. :roll:

• Like 5