IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

thumbnail-deaf450c2d4183b9309b493f6a7b20

johnphelan19793 hours ago

I believe that the Atari vcs is awsome.I’ve heard people say to me get a refund the Atari vcs is a scam.I say to them no it’s not a scam I’ve seen photos of it in action I’ve seen people play centepiede on it that’s all the proof I need.the atari vcs is going to be awsome.

• Like 8

johnphelan19793 hours ago

I believe that the Atari vcs is awsome.I’ve heard people say to me get a refund the Atari vcs is a scam.I say to them no it’s not a scam I’ve seen photos of it in action I’ve seen people play centepiede on it that’s all the proof I need.the atari vcs is going to be awsome.

So what do you think, real backer or atari shill?

• Like 1

Frédéric busts out his English to make the PONGF announcement and promote the Atari brand.

"We're trying to use the brand to do way more than video games. Everyone loves the brand; everyone knows the brand. It's not only a brand for teens, it's also a brand for, you know, everyone."

So, what I got out of that video was that they have Roller Coaster Tycoon... and Pong. But they're not just about games. Did I miss anything?

• Like 3

"Deer Atari. i write great english and i like taco. pleese hire me to be centepiede player. that would be awsome."

• Like 3

If he's a shill, he's a terrible one and "Atari" should get its francs back. Setting aside the atrocious spelling, he says in his first sentence that "the Atari VCS is awesome," then he says in his last sentence that it's "going to be awesome." So, which is it???

• Like 3

So, what I got out of that video was that they have Roller Coaster Tycoon... and Pong. But they're not just about games. Did I miss anything?

From what I can gather, they don't really own Rollercoaster Tycoon either.

Chris Sawyer, the original series creator, still owns it and Atari publish the games under a licensing agreement.

If he's a shill, he's a terrible one and "Atari" should get its francs back. Setting aside the atrocious spelling, he says in his first sentence that "the Atari VCS is awesome," then he says in his last sentence that it's "going to be awesome." So, which is it???

It's both.... that whole wibbly wobbly, timey wimey thing....

Tommy O'Neil8 hours ago

You could actually use Project Stream on the VCS if you really wanted to. It’s just a matter of installing the Linux version of Google Chrome.

temuwd7k33qjk2dw6syw.jpg
Jessie Scroggins8 hours ago

Haitham, its a computer, you can easily do that yourself.

Haitham Abdelaty12 hours ago

Please Please Please

Add the Atari 2600 emulator

• Like 5

CENTIPEDE???

Holy Tacos!

If this were 1985, I would be BLOWN AWAY!!!

Fixed that for you.

That was one of my post first, think later, stream-of-thought kind of posts...(allow me to translate heh)

I wasn't implying Centipede came out in '85,...I meant I'd have been blown away in '85, if I could play an Arcade Accurate version of Centipede at home. Now if I could play an Arcade Accurate version of Centipede at home in 1981, My pants would probably have big hole right up front!

• Like 1

Alec Roberts 8 hours ago

i think VCS will have a very active emulation and hacking scene.. like the spiritual successor to the original xbox

I think these guys have not awoken to the fact that there has always been a very active emulation scene for Linux in general. The major software repositories already keep binaries for many mature emulators. The AtariBox will be kneecapped because of its small storage device, and they'll have to run a few commandline tools, but retrogames are small and cartridge games should be trivial to run well on this thing. If and when it actually ships, of course.

"Spiritual successor to the original xbox" is pretty silly. Xbox was readily available in retail stores, easily replaced if it broke (they're at thrift stores and flea markets everywhere), had a large supply of cheap physical games, and a large community of users. It remains to be seen how sophisticated the AtariBox user base will be in terms of "hacking." They don't seem to be the savviest of consumers, if that's any indication of anything. This is more like a spiritual successor to the Mintbox Mini. Woo.

• Like 5