IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Feel free to make fun of his blind devotion to Atari. But don't make fun of his Engrish as a second language. Not cool.

[rant]

Why, English isn't my first language? And I am one of those grammar sticklers, as you can see by my signature. I can't stand it when people live in this country for ages and can't bloody speak or spell the language properly.

[/rant]

TACOS, BITCHES!

• Like 11

oh oh I got one. You get an officially licensed Fuji Atari logo. It is only an extra $150+ or so for that awesome logo compared to the same compute capacity with raspberry pie or low end PC.

This baby below on a piece of plastic is $150+

Atari_logo4.png

Raspberry Pi buys chips...Atari SA says someone'll buy chips.

Raspberry Pi buys plastic...Atari SA says someone'll buy plastic.

But Atari SA uses extra high-cost components...

Atari SA...Price Without the Power tm

Dead horse time.

Atari could have

1) Developed a branded Bluetooth controller

2) Sold that snazzy looking shell for home RPi projects

3) Gotten involved in Arcade gaming again.

All things that would be better and potentially more profitable than this debacle.

• Like 7

I am not an expert but this all too much reminds me of that Phantom Infinium Labs debacle where the CEO was eventually charged for pumping up the stock then selling it?

Except that after like 10 years someone found a Pantom prototype.

Anyone who knows better please correct me on this :o

Edited by OCAT

Dead horse time.

Atari could have

All things that would be better and potentially more profitable than this debacle.

Alternatively, the "investors" could have bought a stake in the poop train. The participants in that scheme are seeing even more legal action than Feargal and Friends!

• Like 4

Dead horse time.

Atari could have

I could see the Bluetooth controller being a good seller. Imagine if they made an official 5200 model that looked the same but wasn't such a clunker.

• Like 1

This trend of allowing people with 1/2 baked ideas to ask for exorbitant amounts of money with no vision, timeline and no one to answer to should have stopped with the Retro-VGS after the 50th fake prototype. It would have gone on unless Coleco holdings had not stepped in after the super-sleuths from Atariage forums uncovered the scam...

Coleco Holdings is no white knight of Truth, Justice, and the American Way. They said nothing for the first 49 fake prototypes, only when it became clear that Chameleon would never see the light of day, and they would never get paid, did Coleco Holdings step in and act like they were shocked and had no idea what was going on. They gave Mike Kennedy a hundred second chances when any reasonable person would have demanded proof after the first fake prototype.

Mike Kennedy likely didn't pay Coleco anything, and promised them a royalty of sold units, or a percentage of crowdfunding money. Coleco only dropped Kennedy when it was clear they would not get paid anything, and the project was hurting their brand name and reputation. Coleco Holdings went on to destroy their name and reputation in an unrelated matter.

Edited by Hannacek
  • Like 6

Coleco Holdings is no white knight of Truth, Justice, and the American Way. They said nothing for the first 49 fake prototypes, only when it became clear that Chameleon would never see the light of day, and they would never get paid, did Coleco Holdings step in and act like they were shocked and had no idea what was going on. They gave Mike Kennedy a hundred second chances when any reasonable person would have demanded proof after the first fake prototype.

Mike Kennedy likely didn't pay Coleco anything, and promised them a royalty of sold units, or a percentage of crowdfunding money. Coleco only dropped Kennedy when it was clear they would not get paid anything, and the project was hurting their brand name and reputation. Coleco Holdings went on to destroy their name and reputation in an unrelated matter.

Companies are very dumb. They want money so bad, that they'll do things which actually put themselves in debt and destroy their brand names, thinking they'll achieve the opposite effect. No thought process behind their plans whatsoever.

Edited by Lodmot

Companies are very dumb. They want money so bad, that they'll do things which actually put themselves in debt and destroy their brand names, thinking they'll achieve the opposite effect. No thought process behind their plans whatsoever.

Companies are very smart. They want to survive so bad, that they'll put themselves in debt and to their brand names. Then they'll pay off most their debts, but not all of them. Having a certain amount of debt is good for taxes...somehow.

Honestly, business is just gambling. Except you have to calculate the odds yourself with incomplete data. Infogrames' leaders were bad at running a big company. Not surprising they're bad at running a small company.