IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Saw this, and thought it interesting...

Who owns the rights to the game "Blood" Atari or Warner Brothers

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/12/12/18138389/blood-reboot-rights-atari-warner-nightdive

From Wikipedia

3D Realms sold Monolith the intellectual property (IP) so 3D Realms could make Shadow Warrior. Monolith sold the publishing rights, but not the IP for Blood and its sequel to GT Interactive. GTI was later acquired by Infogrames, which has since been renamed to Atari. Monolith itself was acquired by Warner Bros. Entertainment, which owns the Blood trademark and intellectual property.[10] Atari re-released Blood and Blood 2 on Steam and GOG, but unlike other Build engine games (Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior), the source code for Blood has not yet been released.

NightDive is kind of a game IP scavenger, with a knack for sorting out stuff like this.

My vote would be Warner owning the IP, but only because I have a hate-on for "Atari."

Updated announcement: Ataco Inc, LLC, PB4UGoToBed, EtC, is testing making working on finalizing the protacotype as we speak! Here is proof direct from the lab*

attachicon.gif20181213_001109.jpg

*Image is a rendition for illustrative purposez

TT .. that's a photoshop job that Ataco Inc are trying to dupe us with. Here's the original ...

post-52250-0-56372100-1544704140.jpg

• Like 9

Someone made a bot that tweets any comment deleted from a particular Indiegogo campaign. Kinda like what we are doing here, except automated instead of using the hive mind of the haters brigade.

The last line of their Readme is directly applicable to Ataribox.

"Triton" is utter bullshit and its owners should feel bad about themselves.

Meanwhille, today in ancient, failing, irrelevant brands:

BIG SURPRISE — Verizon cuts 10,000 jobs and admits its Yahoo/AOL division is a failure Verizon's Oath division failing in ad market, and it could get even worse.

• Like 4

attachicon.giflady_soldering_taco.jpg

I hope she's using lead-free solder.

Ha, this reminds me of the time I had to resolder something (I think it was on a friend's Atari 8bit) and I had asked this girl (who was the girlfriend if my brother's friend and is probably the dumbest person I have ever met.) To hold the soldering iron while it cooled. I told her specifically to not hold it by the metal part and to hold it by the black handle. "Ooh, it's hot!" "Yeah, I was just melting shit with it!"

Hmmm... It's December 15th. Isn't there supposed to be another announcement of an intention to plan the posting of an update today?

you'd figure since they're nearing the end of Q4 2018 they'd want to tell their shee..I mean supporters that they've got the units manufactured and ready to go!

• Like 2

you'd figure since they're nearing the end of Q4 2018 they'd want to tell their shee..I mean supporters that they've got the units manufactured and ready to go!

Not when the pigeons will be happy and content to see photos of Frenchmen scowling thoughtfully at a table full of popsicle sticks and elbow macaroni.

• Like 7

Hmmm... It's December 15th. Isn't there supposed to be another announcement of an intention to plan the posting of an update today?

Sure... I'll announce something. I am announcing that there won't be an announcement of any sort from Atari SA today or any intention to make an announcement that there will be an announcement of another announcement some time soon, so stay tuned. Also, I am announcing that taco fixings are going on the grocery store list, and when it comes time to announce that we will be making them, I'll make an announcement at that date.

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 5