IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

main-bottom-1.png

Looks like they included an ethernet port for some odd reason. Is this thing not going to have wifi, who doesn't have wifi now?

The reason it has an ethernet port on it, is because the board they have in there has an ethernet port.

Seriously, do you guys just not get that Atari is NOT doing any engineering on this thing? They found a board off the shelf, and made a case for it.

sigh,

-Thom

• Like 3

Just stumbled across a couple pages by mistake and it appears Atari is outsourcing the marketing and web development on this project. Probably everything about the console as well. Brings me back to the posts about how Atari has so little people and how can the possibly do this, it is because they can't and I guess like mentioned before as well probably just selling the rights to the logo.

https://ataribox.com/yet-another-post-page-sample-2/

same as

https://www.rainfactory.com/blog/win-crowdfunding-customer-support/

https://ataribox.com/blog-post-page-schema/

If Atari doesn't have the capabilities to do web development and marketing themselves how are they going to do a console. I guess they are going to be outsourcing everything probably as already mentioned. EDIT: Or selling rights to another company that will be outsourcing everything.

Edited by SignGuy81
  • Like 5

I’m not sure what this is going to be, but I’ve been wanting a new something with an official Atari symbol on it for a while now. If it plays Atari games on it then I might get one. Maybe they could redo the cx 40 and put the springs back in it. Whatever it’s going to be I really hope it’s a success and not another Ouya.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1

Im not sure what this is going to be, but Ive been wanting a new something with an official Atari symbol on it for a while now. If it plays Atari games on it then I might get one. Maybe they could redo the cx 40 and put the springs back in it. Whatever its going to be I really hope its a success and not another Ouya.

Shall I print you a sticker?

post-2410-0-38207500-1508712941.jpeg

• Like 11

Good catch on the marketing outfit. Pulled from their product offerings...

"COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT

Our Social Media team delivers the right mix of copy, posts, influencer outreach and social channel management to deliver campaign results and long term brand equity."

If that don't confirm the bullsnot social media posts and phantom followers I don't know what does.

And if ya gotta buy somethin' with the logo, buy actual vintage stuff or limit it to:

(At least Fraggle Mac doesn't get any of the money for that)

a345dd4e-38ce-41e7-b0a8-7303d1cc81fc_1.6

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Atari-Classic-Logo-Apparel-T-Shirt-Black/749575997?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6720&adid=22222222227085611820&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=197252261454&wl4=pla-318418668223&wl5=9010330&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117018889&wl11=online&wl12=749575997&wl13=&veh=sem

• Like 6

He makes a good point. The easy money would be pairing the boring Linux box with a couple vintage atari sticks with Bluetooth and 3 extra buttons on the front. Adding a vintage inspired paddle control that worked as a decent tempest control wouldn't hurt either. That at least would be something people want. If the way to get them was with a generic Linux box, I think people could live with it.

• Like 5

Clearly you're not reading this thread very carefully. Atari isnt in any position to help with those desires. Your best bet for the near term is probably a Flashback 8 Gold from AtGames.

I think the new Retron 77 will do it for me. But just like auto manufacturers remaking vintage muscle cars into updated tech toys of today. I wish they would just remake the original models with a few tasteful modern updates. I would take a Heavy Sixer with Bluetooth, writeable flash memory, and wireless so I could play multiplayer games over the Internet. The first online multiplayer game I would like to see is Circus Atari. That would be a true dream come true.

• Like 3

Wow. I suppose an Xbox One with Atari Flashback would kinda be like that. A better bet would be Atari Vault on PC and a mouse in lieu of paddles. These exist now. They're like modern cars, if one considers the VCS a horse-drawn carriage.

It would be neat to have wireless paddle controllers, and some new games to play with them.

• Like 7

Wow. I suppose an Xbox One with Atari Flashback would kinda be like that. A better bet would be Atari Vault on PC and a mouse in lieu of paddles. These exist now. They're like modern cars, if one considers the VCS a horse-drawn carriage.

It would be neat to have wireless paddle controllers, and some new games to play with them.

Atari/Xbox partnership? There's precedent....

original.jpg

Photo not mine, of course.

Edited by lifemadesimple
  • Like 1

Well let's hope that isn't the official controller...

Why not? They outsourced everything else and you expect better than a common clone controller? :P

I’m not sure what this is going to be, but I’ve been wanting a new something with an official Atari symbol on it for a while now. If it plays Atari games on it then I might get one. Maybe they could redo the cx 40 and put the springs back in it. Whatever it’s going to be I really hope it’s a success and not another Ouya.

Ouya was 100x more successful than this POS will ever be. And that's not an exaggeration. :roll:

• Like 4