IGNORED

C64, Atari 8-bit, Apple ][ Emulators compatible with Windows 98?

Atari PAC-MAN Fan

Hey Guys!

I'm trying to get working Commodore 64, Atari 8-bit and Apple ][ emulators on my Windows 98 PC. Why Windows 98? I like to be as authentic as possible. Of course, nothing beats real hardware, but until I get these, at least It will still be more "retro". In a different way, but still. Anyone know of any emulators that would work?

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan

Windows 98 isn't "authentic," it's just old. It has nothing to do with the architectures of those 3 computers you want to emulate. Try not to get hacked, keep that vulnerable old machine off the internet.

This site lists most of the available emulators. You will probably encounter a lot of dead links if you really want to use a 20yo OS.

https://www.zophar.net

Windows 98 isn't "authentic," it's just old. It has nothing to do with the architectures of those 3 computers you want to emulate. Try not to get hacked, keep that vulnerable old machine off the internet.

This site lists most of the available emulators. You will probably encounter a lot of dead links if you really want to use a 20yo OS.

https://www.zophar.net

I'm not using it for the internet. I'm going to use my new computer and burn the files onto a disc to transfer it.

Also, your right. I should not have used the word "authentic". I think "Old School" is the term I am looking for.

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan

I would say "musty and unreliable," but hey, I'm not an Atari PAC-MAN Fan, never was.

Have fun!

It's not because I like the Atari VCS Pac-Man that much. It's actually because when I created my account, I asked myself: What do I love? I love Atari... and PacMan. Then I just said screw it.

Atari + Pac-Man = "Atari Pac-Man Fan"

I'm not using it for the internet. I'm going to use my new computer and burn the files onto a disc to transfer it.

Also, your right. I should not have used the word "authentic". I think "Old School" is the term I am looking for.

Emulators today are so much more accurate and featured than many were in 1998. You may not be able to get modern emulators running on a Win98 machine.

• Like 2

C64:
WinVice has a 32bit SDL1 based (Windows 98 compatible) binary available for their latest, v3.1 (Mar 31, 2017).
Direct download link.

CCS64 latest binary v3.9.2 (Sep 8, 2015) includes support for Windows 98.
Direct download link.

Atari 8-bit:
Atari800WinPlus version 4.1 (Jan 6, 2012) runs under Windows 98.
Direct download link.

Apple II:
AppleWin v1.25.0.3 (Sep 8, 2014) is the last version to support Windows 98.
Direct download link.

• Like 2

C64:

WinVice has a 32bit SDL1 based (Windows 98 compatible) binary available for their latest, v3.1 (Mar 31, 2017).

Direct download link.

CCS64 latest binary v3.9.2 (Sep 8, 2015) includes support for Windows 98.

Direct download link.

Atari 8-bit:

Atari800WinPlus version 4.1 (Jan 6, 2012) runs under Windows 98.

Direct download link.

Apple II:

AppleWin v1.25.0.3 (Sep 8 2014) is the last version to support Windows 98.

Direct download link.

Awesome! Thanks Trebor! :-D

• 2 weeks later...