VectorGamer Is Taking A Break From the ColecoVision Scene

21 replies to this topic

#1 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:51 PM

Hear ye, hear ye! Are you sitting down? Brace yourself. VectorGamer hates to break it to all his fans and devoted followers, but VectorGamer will be putting all Colecovision gaming on hold starting last January. Besides I just put a pinball machine in the arcade and now I have no room to do any console or computer gaming. Maybe when my son moves out of the house I can re-purpose some space for retro gaming.

#2 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 32,049 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 2:28 PM

Who are you? :?

#3 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 2:32 PM

Who are you? icon_confused.gif

Anchorman+The+Legend+of+Ron+Burgundy+im+

#4 chas10e OFFLINE  

chas10e

Dragonstomper

• 698 posts

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 3:01 PM

what pin you get ?

#5 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,314 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 3:05 PM

#6 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 3:05 PM

what pin you get ?

Bally Kings of Steel

1300552999.jpg

1236084017.jpg

http://www.arcade-mu...hp?game_id=3310

#7 chas10e OFFLINE  

chas10e

Dragonstomper

• 698 posts

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 9:44 PM

Bally Kings of Steel

1300552999.jpg

1236084017.jpg

http://www.arcade-mu...hp?game_id=3310

heh I got the same table , it had been modified so instead of a stand-up target on the right  there is a roll-over button & a channel that is under the plastic there sending the ball into the pops ... the mod can easily be reverted back to origonal

#8 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,113 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:43 AM

I used to own a Kings of Steel pinball machine.. until about 4-5 years ago. It wasn't a particularly exciting game but I really dug the art on it. Still wish I had it but easy come, easy go.
If I ever get another pinball though, it'll be The Twilight Zone or The Getaway.

#9 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:42 AM

heh I got the same table , it had been modified so instead of a stand-up target on the right  there is a roll-over button & a channel that is under the plastic there sending the ball into the pops ... the mod can easily be reverted back to origonal

I gotta see pics

I used to own a Kings of Steel pinball machine.. until about 4-5 years ago. It wasn't a particularly exciting game but I really dug the art on it. Still wish I had it but easy come, easy go.
If I ever get another pinball though, it'll be The Twilight Zone or The Getaway.

If you want, you can just hit the right target over and over again like they did in the PAPA YouTube video.

But, I'm not that good so I play it straight, which is a lot more fun.

#10 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,726 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:20 PM

Hear ye, hear ye! Are you sitting down? Brace yourself. VectorGamer hates to break it to all his fans and devoted followers, but VectorGamer will be putting all Colecovision gaming on hold starting last January. Besides I just put a pinball machine in the arcade and now I have no room to do any console or computer gaming. Maybe when my son moves out of the house I can re-purpose some space for retro gaming.

What happened with your Youtube channel? I couldn't found it.

#11 chas10e OFFLINE  

chas10e

Dragonstomper

• 698 posts

Posted Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:13 PM

I gotta see pics

If you want, you can just hit the right target over and over again like they did in the PAPA YouTube video.

But, I'm not that good so I play it straight, which is a lot more fun.

wasn't my Mod: but was designed to put it back to origonal , the target is in the bottom of the box still.

gallery_34737_1941_77209.jpg

gallery_34737_1941_155679.jpg

yeah I'm getting better at "ball control" and this is a great table to do it on 

my center "death target" isn't always reliable :( but you need to hit that that the correct time open the right out-lane gate, you'll notice it's forever open in the PAPA video  :grin:

#12 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 AM

What happened with your Youtube channel? I couldn't found it.

It's out there but I took all the videos down. I had extensive background checks for a new job and I didn't want those videos out there.

my center "death target" isn't always reliable icon_sad.gif but you need to hit that that the correct time open the right out-lane gate, you'll notice it's forever open in the PAPA video  icon_biggrinwink.gif

Do you mean that when you hit the target it doesn't register? It happens on mine frequently. I see that the rectangle target seems to be the factory installed target. I played one at Pinfest where someone replaced it with a circular target and it looks much better.

#13 chas10e OFFLINE  

chas10e

Dragonstomper

• 698 posts

Posted Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 PM

It's out there but I took all the videos down. I had extensive background checks for a new job and I didn't want those videos out there.

Do you mean that when you hit the target it doesn't register? It happens on mine frequently. I see that the rectangle target seems to be the factory installed target. I played one at Pinfest where someone replaced it with a circular target and it looks much better.

yeah the center rectangle. after you hit the right lane it starts the sequence for the center target , when it does register good I can usually get the right gate open by timing the shot then also getting the bonus multiplier afterwards

I like the sound package this game has :) 

#14 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 PM

I like the sound package this game has icon_smile.gif

Me too. The guy I bought it from had no idea about turning on the sounds. I watched Todd Tuckey's video on Kings of Steel and I was like "mine doesn't make those sounds!" I downloaded the manual and found out how to turn them on - makes a world of difference. With them turned off it sounds like an old EM.

Incidentally, I don't like the LED colors they used for the back glass. I used all white LEDs except reds for the Ball In Play and High Score and blues for Game Over, Shoot Again and Tilt.

#15 Austin ONLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,727 posts

Posted Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:59 AM

Besides I just put a pinball machine in the arcade and now I have no room to do any console or computer gaming.

Bahahahahaha.... I knew this would happen eventually.

Congrats on the purchase. I played Kings of Steel a little bit at PAPA a couple of years back. It seems like a really solid playfield layout.

Edited by Austin, Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:02 AM.

#16 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 AM

Bahahahahaha.... I knew this would happen eventually.

And I might be adding a Jungle Lord shortly icon_smile.gif

#17 Austin ONLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,727 posts

Posted Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 PM

And I might be adding a Jungle Lord shortly icon_smile.gif

Nice. I have one of those and it's a solid game. Will be parting with mine soon to free up space (need to list it on Pinside), but I've enjoyed having it.

#18 PhoenixMoonPatrol ONLINE  

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Moonsweeper

• 460 posts
  • Gonna take crackerjack timing to beat me pal

Posted Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:37 PM

But the fart videos,the times your wife chewed you out for cursing on video,the "did you know" pieces,the Shatner references, all....gone? Booooooo!

Nah but I've noticed you've taken a break from making new videos. Hope they return soon,I enjoyed your crazy spin on the games. :P

#19 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 14,981 posts

Posted Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 AM

You could have just made them all private for a time period. :sad:

Going forward, don't associate your real name with any forums, video sites, or social media accounts and they'll never find you, unless you decide to disclose your online alias to HR or your employer. Don't use your work email for non-business. Also don't submit your login info to any non-work-related websites from the work computers, ever.

I could be Homer Simpson in the flesh, for all you guys know. ;-)

#20 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 13,287 posts
  • \m/

Posted Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 PM

Going forward, don't associate your real name with any forums, video sites, or social media accounts and they'll never find you

That's just me man. I've made friends with people in the hobby through arcade & pinball tournaments and gaming expos etc. that I didn't feel the need to hide behind an alias.

With YouTube, we were trying to portray me as the irresponsible father that spends all his time and money on video games and neglects the basic needs of his kids and always gets in trouble with his wife. Unfortunately, there were some people who didn't get the joke and thought that was real life.

#21 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 14,981 posts

Posted Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:51 PM

That's just me man. I've made friends with people in the hobby through arcade & pinball tournaments and gaming expos etc. that I didn't feel the need to hide behind an alias.

With YouTube, we were trying to portray me as the irresponsible father that spends all his time and money on video games and neglects the basic needs of his kids and always gets in trouble with his wife. Unfortunately, there were some people who didn't get the joke and thought that was real life.

I've actually heard reports of parents making "parody" videos about bad parenting on Facebook, with the kids rehearsing and acting the part of a troubled youth, then have the Child Protective Services called by some anonymous social justice warrior, only to learn the scenes in the alleged videos were entirely scripted for people's amusement. Nine times out of ten, by the time the authorities get called out, they are not amused to find it was all a joke, and in some cases the kids are removed from the home pending investigation.

I'm not saying you would ever carry things to those extremes, but parody videos with family have backfired before so I could see why you'd want that stuff gone. Imagine trying to explain the joke to church or PTA members. And a prospective boss would probably place the application in the circular file.

#22 Jinks ONLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 3,684 posts

Posted Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:10 PM

You could have just made them all private for a time period. :sad:

Going forward, don't associate your real name with any forums, video sites, or social media accounts and they'll never find you, unless you decide to disclose your online alias to HR or your employer. Don't use your work email for non-business. Also don't submit your login info to any non-work-related websites from the work computers, ever.

I could be Homer Simpson in the flesh, for all you guys know. ;-)

You told us your real name and seen videos
So the world knows who and where you are.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users