• 2,037 posts

Posted Yesterday, 6:44 PM

And the crickets continue to chirp...

#802 bpatte02 OFFLINE  

bpatte02

Chopper Commander

• 136 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:31 PM

I hope this come to fruition, because it could be a nice alternative for those who like to collect games, but are not tech savvy to work on old machines if and when they break.

#803 toiletunes OFFLINE  

toiletunes

River Patroller

• 3,150 posts
  • Hater Brigader

Posted Yesterday, 9:47 PM

To recap: Most folks here want this to use the latest version of Stella, which would require Hyperkin to share their code (or get permission from lots and lots of people not to), which Hyperkin appears reluctant to do for Reasons, which means they are most likely using an older version of Stella, but most people here want them to use the latest version, which means Hyperkin would have to share their code, which they seem reluctant to do for Reasons, so they're using an older version of Stella, but most people here want them to use the latest version, and that brings us up to page 33.

#804 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,123 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

I like your circular argument there. Hyperkind going round and round like a tornado, down the toilet as with your avatar (which is inventive and cool btw).

I still hope the Retron77 comes to fruition though. Pitfall II will be the lithmus test.

#805 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 22,693 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Today, 12:13 AM

...which would require Hyperkin to share their code (or get permission from lots and lots of people not to)

As it has been explained multiples times here this is not correct. Those requirements only become valid for any changes they make to the Stella code.

#806 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,342 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Today, 2:20 AM

I was contacted after expressing a desire to play test.
I explained how we are still pushing the system way beyond its intended use with techniques like illegal opcodes, Bus Stuffing, DPC+ Hardware assist, Cart RAM, larger ROM banks, etc.

Unless they use around Stella 3.9.3 or newer, DPC+ games will not work.

That one email reply was the last I heard from Retron77.

#807 TokyoBatman OFFLINE  

TokyoBatman

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Today, 5:07 AM

I explained how we are still pushing the system way beyond its intended use with techniques like illegal opcodes, Bus Stuffing, DPC+ Hardware assist, Cart RAM, larger ROM banks, etc.

You lost me a little bit on this part.  You mean, They explained how they were still...  or that they gave you a unit to play test and you explained your findings of the system...

How long ago was this?

Edited by TokyoBatman, Today, 5:08 AM.

#808 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,342 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Today, 5:49 AM

You lost me a little bit on this part.  You mean, They explained how they were still...  or that they gave you a unit to play test and you explained your findings of the system...

How long ago was this?

It was back when the guy from Retron posted here, I emailed him asking to be a beta tester, saying how I use Atari 2600 and what this community creates and that I have carts from 2K to 64K, that I know how the real hardware operates, oh and also the 10 or so games that got real Trak-Ball control added.

His reply email confirmed I would be a good candidate to test, and he would tell the hardware team that the ports should work with Trak-Ball controllers.

No other emails followed. No hardware was ever sent.
And as most of this thread says, no new information since that Retron guy made 2 posts here (as far as I know).

#809 TokyoBatman OFFLINE  

TokyoBatman

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Today, 6:09 AM

It was back when the guy from Retron posted here, I emailed him asking to be a beta tester, saying how I use Atari 2600 and what this community creates and that I have carts from 2K to 64K, that I know how the real hardware operates, oh and also the 10 or so games that got real Trak-Ball control added.

His reply email confirmed I would be a good candidate to test, and he would tell the hardware team that the ports should work with Trak-Ball controllers.

No other emails followed. No hardware was ever sent.
And as most of this thread says, no new information since that Retron guy made 2 posts here (as far as I know).

Thanks for the clarification. I'm excited about the product. Hope they can get it sorted. They may be focusing on the SNES stuff thinking it'll be the bigger money maker.

Not sure,but keeping my fingers crossed.

#810 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 17,980 posts

Posted Today, 11:31 AM

I don't think there's anything technically impossible about making a good retron 77 unit. There's internal politics and bickering. An who knows they might go after the snes for extra profit. The NES and SNES were far more popular then the VCS anyways.

3 user(s) are browsing this forum

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users