IGNORED

ivop Multijoy board case 3D print file?

slx

:thumbsup: Thanks for posting photos. Are the two hex standoffs on each port removable? I can add just about any text, logos, and text effects as long as it's not copyrighted or trademarked. Let me know what you have in mind. Fine detail and effects may not always appear as expected with 3D-printing. As an example of what's possible...

attachicon.gifmultijoylogo.jpg

The hex standoffs are removable, they are screwed into the black plastic block (and hold the metal part in place). It would probably look better to replace them with small round-headed screws.

In my print the wall between the screwhole and the main compartment was ripped out when I removed the support inside the screwhole (see photo). Don't know if that's a fault of Cura, myself or my printer or a combination.

post-4219-0-22581400-1557779048_thumb.jpg

I suppose a Fuji logo would fall under "trademarked"? Return magazine in Germany had some MultiJoy logos when they presented it as a project.

post-4219-0-57850300-1557779163.jpg

I know it's not easy to 3D-print a logo as the enclosure is best printed top-down, and then any logo either needs to be filled with support or the support for a raised logo would ruin the smooth top. Printing outside-up would require lots of support and result in a rougher top side. (I actually thought that with transparent filament it would look nice to have the logo "inside" the "wall" but I don't think there's a slicer yet that supports that.)

• 1 year later...

As the designer of the PCB (not the circuit, which was done by Radek Štěrba a.k.a. Raster, RIP), I had to try a print myself. It really stretched my printer to its limits (12x12cm printbed) but I managed it. Bottom is slightly warped, but not too bad. And it matches my furniture ;)

multijoy8-enclosure.jpg.707287f8d681772f1cf81ab90cfc092f.jpg

Thanks @wt808 for designing this enclosure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1