IGNORED

When will Tempest (finished version) be available for AtariMax SD Cart?

BIGHMW

I know I'm gonna get some hate posts but I wonder when the full, finished version of Tempest for the 5200 be out as a rom (or other 5200 codec) for all of us to use on our AtariMax SD carts???

Those of us who DID buy the physical cartridge (including myself) would be SO stoked to have the finished version on their AtariMax SD carts too!!! I hope Keithen will allow it considering the tremendous success of the cart release.

Also, I wish all of the Mean Hamster Software and First Star Software games (like Flip And Flop, Combat 2: Advanced, Adventure II, and Haunted House II 3D among them), which were available only as limited carts, be available for all of us who didn't (or couldn't) get the carts of those.

Also, some few years back I bought the so-called Space Invaders "Arcade Version" (an obvious hack) on eBay and wondered if it will be available as a binary as well.

With the most recent release/leak of Venture as a rom (and I DO have that on my AtariMax SD cart too) why not???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm gonna get some hate posts but I wonder when the full, finished version of Tempest for the 5200 be out as a rom (or other 5200 codec) for all of us to use on our AtariMax SD carts???

Those of us who DID buy the physical cartridge (including myself) would be SO stoked to have the finished version on their AtariMax SD carts too!!! I hope Keithen will allow it considering the tremendous success of the cart release.

Also, I wish all of the Mean Hamster Software and First Star Software games (like Flip And Flop, Combat 2: Advanced, Adventure II, and Haunted House II 3D among them), which were available only as limited carts, be available for all of us who didn't (or couldn't) get the carts of those.

Also, some few years back I bought the so-called Space Invaders "Arcade Version" (an obvious hack) on eBay and wondered if it will be available as a binary as well.

With the most recent release/leak of Venture as a rom (and I DO have that on my AtariMax SD cart too) why not???

I would like to get roms for the limited run games as well. the authors could do what Carl Mueller Jr did for his DKA rom release and encode the game rom that you purchase to have your name and such on it, that way if the rom gets around it is known who passed it on. If you try to change or delete the name, the rom stops working. with the Venture being posted without the authors permission, there is lost sales now for that game when it is finished and put on cart since the rom is out there floating around. Even though the game is not finished. I contacted Lance over at Atarisales.com after I found out about this rom not supposed to be released when I did my video about it. I asked Lance to put me on a list to buy the game when it comes out so he gets something for the work he is doing bringing this game to the 5200 :) If we don't support the homebrewers, we get no more games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have no use for more cartridges, but I'm always happy to acquire new games. I paid Carl Muller for 3 ROMs, and I don't even care much about the Intellivision. I have no problem paying a reasonable fee for a ROM image. I would prefer that. With that said, I don't know how to police the sales of a ROM image, and I feel it's important that the authors get compensated fairly. I just doubt I'll be paying any money for a cart. They are too inconvenient and space consuming, and they dive the cost up way too far.

• Like 2