Photo

Keith Robinson passed away :(

107 replies to this topic

#101 David Rolfe OFFLINE  

David Rolfe

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:10 AM

There's no shortage of video clips with Keith, but I'll add this "Leet Lounge" round table (from 2015) to the mix. This one has the advantage of being made in a studio with individual microphones and minimal background noise. Nothing but Keith and the Blue Sky Rangers, plus special guests me and Heather, for almost three hours.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/Oil2XnGvb4M

#102 1980gamer OFFLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 743 posts

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 AM

That was great.  Thanks.  just watched it end to end.

Of course now I need a copy of Your Friend the EXEC and the enhanced exec.rom  with double resolution and running 3x speed.

Auto Racing was another favorite back in the day.  One of the few 1 player games I had, so it got tons of play time.

I thought I was good at Astrosmash when I would play to 400K with 300 extra ships,  I would just stop playing.

A few years back, I tried to see how high i could score.  Well, I think at 700K... I couldn't believe how hard the game got.

Though I pretty much stink at games now, so maybe I could have hit the scoring bug @12, but I don't think so.

Kieth was clearly in his element! 

Edited by 1980gamer, Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 AM.

#103 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,665 posts

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 PM

Keith Robinson actually made copies of "Your Friend the Exec" available at one time. At Intellivision Productions he pretty much made everything he possibly could available. He encouraged people to take the rom files off the lives cd and use memory carts to play them on real Intellivisions. He made overlays and controllers available at really low prices. He made sure the controllers were authentic for the fans. He didn't have to, the fans were just a fraction of his customers. I heard his lawyers advised to be more protective of his properties but he never seemed to complain. He was good to Intellivision fans. I think there were more stories that unfortunately we won't get to hear.

#104 First Spear ONLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,031 posts

Posted Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 PM

That was a great time. I remember waiting in anticipation on that one, loved every second of it. I was "Decle Kid" on the chat, the pain in the a$$ that asked multiple questions over and over. :) Thanks for being a part of that!

There's no shortage of video clips with Keith, but I'll add this "Leet Lounge" round table (from 2015) to the mix. This one has the advantage of being made in a studio with individual microphones and minimal background noise. Nothing but Keith and the Blue Sky Rangers, plus special guests me and Heather, for almost three hours.

Direct link: https://youtu.be/Oil2XnGvb4M

#105 gbennett0321 OFFLINE  

gbennett0321

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:11 PM

One of my fondest Memories of Keith Robinson at CGE 2014. He will be missed.

#106 Carl Mueller Jr OFFLINE  

Carl Mueller Jr

Moonsweeper

• 456 posts

Posted Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:34 PM

That was great.  Thanks.  just watched it end to end.

Of course now I need a copy of Your Friend the EXEC and the enhanced exec.rom  with double resolution and running 3x speed.

Auto Racing was another favorite back in the day.  One of the few 1 player games I had, so it got tons of play time.

I thought I was good at Astrosmash when I would play to 400K with 300 extra ships,  I would just stop playing.

A few years back, I tried to see how high i could score.  Well, I think at 700K... I couldn't believe how hard the game got.

Though I pretty much stink at games now, so maybe I could have hit the scoring bug @12, but I don't think so.

Kieth was clearly in his element! 

Is this a joke, or is there actually an enhanced version of the EXEC available?

I remember the first time I talked to Keith. He called me from his ancient mid-90s cell phone from his car to talk about the emulator I had written. He wanted to use it rather than start from scratch, to get the Intellivision Lives collection out there as quickly as he could. I was honored to be a part of it, to make a small contribution to a new Intellivision revival. 

He was very cool, and as others have mentioned, laid-back.

It was the best day of my life. I talked to a Blue Sky Ranger! They wanted to use something I'd written! What could be better?  Keith made that possible.

We use to exchange emails. We talked about his game, ECS basic, and other things. He was always very enthusiastic about Intellivision.

Unfortunately, around when the collection was finally released, we had a bit of a falling out which I now understand was really my fault.

I never heard from Keith again, which saddened me a great deal. But once I made an order through his website, and he ended up giving me my order free of charge! So, even though we weren't talking anymore, he still showed his appreciation for what I did. Very cool of him.

Thanks Keith, for all the good memories.

#107 RT12 Productions OFFLINE  

RT12 Productions

Star Raider

• 53 posts
  • Researcher/Programmer

Posted Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:33 PM

In Memory Of KEITH ROBINSON

We all surely miss you.  R.I.P.

Who now has the archives for the Tutorvision project?!?!  I sure hope we’ll STILL get the whole Tutorvision games collection and system files; they’ll still be needed for our 3rd volume on CD software, INTELLIVISION TEACHES.

Do we have any more recent updates (more Tutorvision game .ROMs and revised system files)?!?!

Thank You!

#108 Rik OFFLINE  

Rik

River Patroller

• 4,445 posts

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 PM

Damn, just found out about it now, only 61 years old, so sad.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users