IGNORED

TI-Workshop from DataBioTics

PeBo

Although this auction disappeared before it expired (didn't see a Buy Now, but maybe the seller got an off-eBay offer - Lord knows I've done that a few times now)

Anyway, my question is; Was ist ein "TI-Workshop" aka "Memory Magic"???

I found it listed on several lists, but couldn;t find any info on it anywhere. Should I cry that I missed it?

Funny you should ask about that one, PeBo. :) It is the only regularly released DBT cartridge that I don't have any variant of yet (neither as TI Workshop nor as Magic Memory). I am still missing a few naming variants of other DBT cartridges, but this is the only one I don't have at all. . .and no, I didn't get it this time either.

And if I have my way, you won't get it next time either. <evil grin>

Sent from the Manoir Sweetsburg B&B, in beautiful downtown Cowansville, Québec (about a ten minute walk from where, 61 years ago, I graced the world with my presence.)

Also the first thing I've said in English in two days!!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Thank you! Should work from an FGR99 then, when they are available.

Nope. It's 64K. FR99/FG99 will only do up to 32K.

You also have to use the patched "write to ROM" ROM that Tursi fixed for me in a 64K or greater ROM cart board. (Guidry board will work, as well as the 512K one).

I have a link to the documentation and everything here: http://hexbus.com/TI-99_4A_Home_Computer_Page/Downloads_and_Links.html

Nope. It's 64K. FR99/FG99 will only do up to 32K.

You also have to use the patched "write to ROM" ROM that Tursi fixed for me in a 64K or greater ROM cart board. (Guidry board will work, as well as the 512K one).

I have a link to the documentation and everything here: http://hexbus.com/TI-99_4A_Home_Computer_Page/Downloads_and_Links.html

FG99 will do up to 1mb won't it?

Greg

FG99 will do up to 1mb won't it?

Greg

Yeah...It will store a lot of stuff, but it will only run ROM binaries that are 32 KiB or less. Edit—Oops! I was thinking about the FlashROM99. The FinalGROM99 will support 512 KiB or 64 banks—56 banks, if you use GROMs.

...lee

Yeah...It will store a lot of stuff, but it will only run ROM binaries that are 32 KiB or less. Edit—Oops! I was thinking about the FlashROM99. The FinalGROM99 will support 512 KiB or 64 banks—56 banks, if you use GROMs.

...lee

ok that's what he said and I said and the fg post says :D so yes it will work on the finalgrom99 when it is released any day now

Greg

That's what I thought, but I've been known to be wrong once or twice in the past.

would you believe 3 or 4 times in the past.

OK, let's l say several times.

or countless times.

To be honest, I think this is the first time I've been right about something in about 40 years. Ask my wife, she'll back me up!

• Like 1

...lee

Yep, I had the same brain fart.

That reminds me, I need to non-invert that cart and test it.